- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

wdleiser

wdleiser

• 141 posts
  • WLM ID:starallia_ceo@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:dougleiser
The resent dumping of A330 on many routes that are short is beginning to ruin the game.

Those are just my 2 cents

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
I agree. LAYTEX!!! You're doing everything Travelhouse did: pounced on my routes making my DOP go down except:

A. Not as severe as Travelhouse (1.1 million as opposed to 1.5 million)
B. Didn't compensate for my being a smaller airline.
Kevin
ID: 1754

Posted Image

vimac

vimac

• 72 posts
Laytex decided to ruin the game for everybody, that's how unreal is this game compared to the real world. The top 3 are forming a Cartel and taken over the game.

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts
If there is a market for such a big aircraft on a short hop then it's understandable but yep some people are taking the piss!

Only one rule will stop us from doing that in future! which is:
"limit of operating in one continent" (shorthauls) longhauls are inevitable! Or Only limited to have one further hub outside the chosen continent at the start" for example if I started at LHR it would be understandable to hub any other city in Europe like easyjet does for example, but only be allowed "ONE" hub outside Europe anywhere in the world...
I think only that would settle the game...
A Member of the PlatinumWings Alliance

A good landing is one you walk out of...
...an exelent landing is one where you can use the aircraft again ;)

C'mon you Reds...we can do it this year! Red Devil for ever!!!

rubberlegs

rubberlegs

• 64 posts

I agree. LAYTEX!!! You're doing everything Travelhouse did: pounced on my routes making my DOP go down except:

A. Not as severe as Travelhouse (1.1 million as opposed to 1.5 million)
B. Didn't compensate for my being a smaller airline.

compensate, fat chance give you a tissue box :( blame the non use of long haul one ways not me :sniff:

rubberlegs

rubberlegs

• 64 posts

Laytex decided to ruin the game for everybody, that's how unreal is this game compared to the real world. The top 3 are forming a Cartel and taken over the game.

PBI is next and u started it with all your resetting prices making others go into the red you want to look at what you did to make players react :thumbdown: do you want a tissue box too

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts

PBI is next and u started it with all your resetting prices making others go into the red you want to look at what you did to make players react :thumbdown: do you want a tissue box too

laytex...as you probably know resetting prices is also inevitable so don't cry about it..everyone does it!

vimac

vimac

• 72 posts

So on your mind you take over routes where other people where first and we all just have to leave!! Of course I reset the prices, you put me on the red...

rubberlegs

rubberlegs

• 64 posts

So on your mind you take over routes where other people where first and we all just have to leave!! Of course I reset the prices, you put me on the red...

not true i looked at another possible hub in usa to fully make my gates 100% RSW was owned by u but was only 20% which is small % compared to many others so i took it if u want it back? then ask, do not flame crap in the forum that is being a scatterbrain :thumbdown: now you act silly with a319 with $1 make my price go up not down :( :)

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

The resent dumping of A330 on many routes that are short is beginning to ruin the game.

Those are just my 2 cents

Not only the A333 shorthall but the cities being serviced. I don't mind competing , and I expect to lose some routes to others that want it more than I, but this is unreal.

rubberlegs

rubberlegs

• 64 posts

If there is a market for such a big aircraft on a short hop then it's understandable but yep some people are taking the piss!

Only one rule will stop us from doing that in future! which is:
"limit of operating in one continent" (shorthauls) longhauls are inevitable! Or Only limited to have one further hub outside the chosen continent at the start" for example if I started at LHR it would be understandable to hub any other city in Europe like easyjet does for example, but only be allowed "ONE" hub outside Europe anywhere in the world...
I think only that would settle the game...

the idea is fine and this would not happen if you had one way routes operational and distance more than what is in this game now so what happens to the billions of cash saved and the limit number of gates and the limit be it a bug on return flights, do you expect a player to sit idle and watch please tell us the answer?:puzzled:

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts

the idea is fine and this would not happen if you had one way routes operational and distance more than what is in this game now so what happens to the billions of cash saved and the limit number of gates and the limit be it a bug on return flights, do you expect a player to sit idle and watch please tell us the answer?:puzzled:

Well if the one way routes were active this would still happen because you earn just as much or more (last rounde one ways were active and travelhouse hubbed everywhere so that proves my point)...so basically you could still take over lots of cities everywhere in the world...now thats what makes it unrealistic thats why we need this rule of limit of hubs!
If you have noticed...who gets the head start on AE when its been reseted...answer? mostly all the airlines that start from important US cities because thats the way the game was designed...so its not our fault if we choose a city that doesn't earn us as much as US cities...and eventually from about yr 5 big airlines (mostly US) will start taking over...do you get my point!!!
Just because EMIRATES have billions in their bank doesnt mean they're allowed to hub everywhere in the world!!!
...so yes do what you want in your US market + one hub somewhere outside the US and leave the other markets!...wouldn't the game be so much better???

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts

compensate, fat chance give you a tissue box :( blame the non use of long haul one ways not me :sniff:

No, you're missing the point. Point is, you're doing the exact same thing travelhouse did (no offense to either of you) except for the two things I stated. Travelhouse landed on my routes because there was no place else at EWR to expand. You landed on the routes to kill everyone's profits.
Kevin

Posted Image

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
Hm why just flame the airlines because they're placing a33x or bigger on some short routes a small city ?? Flame AE too for making it possible .. If runway length was implemented you couldnt fly any frame to where ever you want .. like you can now.
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

vimac

vimac

• 72 posts
I do guess this is not Laytex fault, the game is just unreal. If any of us was in Laytex positions we would probably do the exact same thing. His Airline is huge and to grow at this point in the game the smaller ones have to pack and leave.

A lot have to change on this game in order to allow International, domestic and regional airlines to survive.

FuriousFalcon

FuriousFalcon

• Validating
  • 311 posts

Hm why just flame the airlines because they're placing a33x or bigger on some short routes a small city ?? Flame AE too for making it possible .. If runway length was implemented you couldnt fly any frame to where ever you want .. like you can now.

We cant flame AE because...
1- Its run by a computer and computeres aren't perfect so we will get bugs
2- this is a free game and miller does everything possible giving up his time so we can't expect more (new version coming up anyway)

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
i Know a new version is coming up and i cant wait untill it's that time since runway lenght will be activated as stated by miller :(
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts

A. Yes, as a matter of fact, I would.
B. Why don't you buy planes and mothball them. That's a good way to spend your billions of cash.
Kevin

Posted Image

number1air

number1air

• 38 posts

A. Yes, as a matter of fact, I would.
B. Why don't you buy planes and mothball them. That's a good way to spend your billions of cash.

that would also cause problems as if the top players purchased all the frames and disposed of them it will make the used market go sky rocket in prices causing more unhappy players only to make more forum post abusing us of making it impossible to buy used frames

:airplane

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
No, because I said mothball, NOT sell.
Kevin

Posted Image