Photo

Why AE hasn't been in development

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

Enrike_Hamalia

Enrike_Hamalia

The Internet Ghost

• 30 posts

Well since I've been basically outcast from this community for wanting to help it, I might as well leave a little good bye gift.
978cf002cea05233b657acd14e63e2d8.png

b5a503e149e99c471208c9678ad4ba3e.png

683acf8cf986890614fe0662cd3cfbe3.png

I'll be back if this gets deleted somehow. (Even tho no mods exist anymore)

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
I'm not even mad. I was sure some kind of bullsh*t was happening. Anyway, you're not the one that should be banned. Also, there are other ways of asking people to volunteer and take the position of Yuxi instead of saying he's dead :) If you're so dedicated to AE and you desperately want the development to keep going, go ahead and hire a developer or two that you're gonna pay. At least that way, the community would say that you actually did something innovating to help AE grow.

Enrike_Hamalia

Enrike_Hamalia

The Internet Ghost

• 30 posts

I offered financial assistance for paying for a part time dev and they called me "adorable" so I give up. Nothing more I can see wanting to do here besides spreading the word that these guys are lying to you.

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
You should be proud of that, no matter what others say. I would do the same thing if I was older.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I offered financial assistance for paying for a part time dev and they called me "adorable" so I give up. Nothing more I can see wanting to do here besides spreading the word that these guys are lying to you.

You should be proud of that, no matter what others say. I would do the same thing if I was older.

Agreed Spyrosv89. I've offered several times to volunteer for developing for AE - I don't need money for that. Honestly - I really just want to keep AE moving in a good direction honestly.

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
I was also reffering to the guy who said that Yuxi is dead. Sorry if any misunderstandings were made.

Enrike_Hamalia

Enrike_Hamalia

The Internet Ghost

• 30 posts

Agreed Spyrosv89. I've offered several times to volunteer for developing for AE - I don't need money for that. Honestly - I really just want to keep AE moving in a good direction honestly.

While I wholeheartedly agree, if I was you I wouldn't even bother. I actually suggested you in that same conversation and they said and I quote "Based on his maturity in the forums I doubt he can code" So they wouldn't even consider you before you even demonstrate to them what you could do. I think you seem like an okay guy, and if you have the time and the dedication I'd go ahead developing, for another game.

Enrike_Hamalia

Enrike_Hamalia

The Internet Ghost

• 30 posts

Thanks for that, I really appreciate it.  :D

Niskan

Niskan

DC-9 Crazy

• 362 posts

User's Awards

3    3         

Wait so Yuxi isn't dead ?

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
What difference does it make if I say Yuxi is dead or alive? Or if he's actually dead or alive? The last major update to AE was in 2013, and even then that was putting seat configs onto the public airline page and not an actual game feature.

For all intents and purposes he is dead and AE is adrift, has been for years.

And yeah I lied and y'all bought it, but what did we get out of it? In the space of 8 hours we've had multiple people come forward to take the helm of the website. Qualified? That doesn't matter, what matters is that if our attention spans allow us to stay focused we can actually make updates to AE a thing.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Niskan

Niskan

DC-9 Crazy

• 362 posts

User's Awards

3    3         

What difference does it make if I say Yuxi is dead or alive? Or if he's actually dead or alive? The last major update to AE was in 2013, and even then that was putting seat configs onto the public airline page and not an actual game feature.

For all intents and purposes he is dead and AE is adrift, has been for years.

And yeah I lied and y'all bought it, but what did we get out of it? In the space of 8 hours we've had multiple people come forward to take the helm of the website. Qualified? That doesn't matter, what matters is that if our attention spans allow us to stay focused we can actually make updates to AE a thing.

I agree AE should be back in development but you should NEVER lie about if someone is dead ! that is disgraceful and disgusting !

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
I'm going to say it once more. There are other ways to make people volunteer. What have you done for AE other than saying a huge cruel lie to the whole community ? Go ahead and pay one Dev or two from your own pocket or donate 1000$ if you desperately want to see some updates. There is also the option of going to other games that have development going. Last thing, don't play with death otherwise death is going to play with you.

Have a nice day everyone.

zelalemon

zelalemon

immature

• 116 posts

I agree AE should be back in development but you should NEVER lie about if someone is dead ! that is disgraceful and disgusting !

if this results in people from the community working to make AE better, than the ends definitely justify the means.

CLT, BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, ALB, BDL, SYR, HPN, EWN, RDU, PHL, ATL, CVG, MCO, DCA, IAD, BWI, MDW, HOU, DFW, PHX, DEN, BZN, FAT, SAN, LAX, BUR, SBA, SFO, SEA, ANC, KOA, MTJ, MBJ, SXM, CUN, PVR, YVR, SJO, JNB, LLW, LGW

A319, A320, A321, A333, A346, B734, B738, B752, B762, CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E145, E170, E190, DH8B

AWE, AAL, DAL, UAL, SAA, SWA

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I'm going to say it once more. There are other ways to make people volunteer. What have you done for AE other than saying a huge cruel lie to the whole community ? Go ahead and pay one Dev or two from your own pocket or donate 1000$ if you desperately want to see some updates. There is also the option of going to other games that have development going. Last thing, don't play with death otherwise death is going to play with you.

Have a nice day everyone.

See I tried the not telling people Yuxi died method a few years ago and it didn't work. Clearly we're getting somewhere here.

You can hate me all you want, because if I cared what other people think I wouldn't be an effective person. But what we need to focus on is what Ross says, show us what you got. AE's changed management before, it can do it again.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

While I wholeheartedly agree, if I was you I wouldn't even bother. I actually suggested you in that same conversation and they said and I quote "Based on his maturity in the forums I doubt he can code" So they wouldn't even consider you before you even demonstrate to them what you could do. I think you seem like an okay guy, and if you have the time and the dedication I'd go ahead developing, for another game.

Thank you for doing that. I CAN actually code, regardless of my (mis)behavior on these message boards.

AirChina

AirChina

AE Loser

• 369 posts
Don’t believe in this hoax..

maybe Yuxi thinks AE is good at where it is
post-84154-0-29696800-1507229128.jpg

leandrom90

leandrom90

• 2 posts

User's Awards

Or maybe you didn't consider that people shouldn't be forced to accept help just because the person offering help thinks he has good intentions.

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Or maybe you didn't consider that people shouldn't be forced to accept help just because the person offering help thinks he has good intentions.

Absolutely this, Zam. Just because someone doesn't accept financial help for something doesn't mean they don't care. Once you accept money for something you'd volunteer for, there's suddenly expectations and pressure to deliver, which take a lot of the enjoyment and charity out of doing something from the goodness of your heart. 

It's true for Yuxi as well, once he accepts help, there's again pressure to deliver. If there are people here with the time and skills necessary to take over for Yuxi, there's people with the time and skills necessary to develop from the ground up, which by all accounts is what AE4 would have been anyway.

UbxSbIt.png

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

Ok OK what I think is that Yuxi should let volunteers help with running AE and helping develop the game further IMO. IK a lot of ppl disagree w/ me on this, but I personally would be delighted to help, as I  have some experience with coding in multiple languages.

Agree. When I'm older I may work for AE

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

That's hard to believe, but if it's true, I'm really really sad.

I want to actually know if you are playing along or just really gullible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users