Photo

Limit the amount of topics new people can make.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts
Hello.
After observing the sheer amount of new topics made, and seeing that nearly all of them are spam, I have come to this idea:
Limit the number of threads people can make to one per day if their account is under three years old.
I know that many members might be affected, but almost nobody would mind the limitation since they usually don't post even one thread per month. This would help reduce the spam from users who have been noted to create a large number of new topics in a short time period.

image.png

LATAM

LATAM

The neutral member

• 570 posts

User's Awards

I support. 

post-80164-0-57964300-1517860417.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I support this even though I'm guilty of it. Personally I'd reduce my overcasting if marb1 reduced his so ya

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
"Limit the number of threads people can make to one per day if their account is under three years old." This is the only part I have a problem with. If this should be a rule, then it should apply to all players regardless of how long your account has been up.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts

"Limit the number of threads people can make to one per day if their account is under three years old." This is the only part I have a problem with. If this should be a rule, then it should apply to all players regardless of how long your account has been up.

Actually, I agree.

Despite making the initial statment apply more towards new people, I think it would be okay to apply it to everyone, even though I doubt a member would wait for three years to start spamming threads on a daily basis. Maybe only just have it increase to two after three years, but that is only an idea.

image.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Actually, I agree.

Despite making the initial statment apply more towards new people, I think it would be okay to apply it to everyone, even though I doubt a member would wait for three years to start spamming threads on a daily basis. Maybe only just have it increase to two after three years, but that is only an idea.

Yeah - that's fair enough. I agree.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I do not support this. We need more moderators. Not arbitrary FU's to new members who want to contribute or may need help

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

I support this even though I'm guilty of it. Personally I'd reduce my overcasting if marb1 reduced his so ya

HEY! Plus most of my posts aren't starting my own threads! And you have way more posts than me!

kingoftheskies

kingoftheskies

I breathe SQ but not their fares :/

• 377 posts

HEY! Plus most of my posts aren't starting my own threads! And you have way more posts than me!

Okay firstly, no one referred to you as the subject of the question. So why are you so worked up about this?

Secondly, the issue here is with threads, more specifically, irrelevant and extraneous threads which are not needed. So what's it about posts you're talking about?

Lastly, seeing that you're a new member, I would not continue being so defensive towards you and would like you to welcome you to the community (even though it's 7 months late). Your profile says you're 12, now I have no issues with age since I also started playing AE when I was 12, but I have to warn you the community now compared with the community then is hell lot of different. Different good or different bad you'll know. So I'll just give you an advice, before you post anything, reread what you've typed, and always, always be prepared for opposing views.

xkDm6U0.png

aZ0BcgW.png

MGnazId.png

194wCOY.png

C49JvWP.png

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

What happened to this thread hahahaha

you replied to this thread, went back 12 hours later, saw no one had replied, and decided to reply again?

Yeah, you pile of fecal matter!

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Yeah, you pile of fecal matter!

Calm your faeces. I don't want to become a powerless moderator on this thread. The behaviour of some people on this thread can be bettered by a 7 year old. Get your acts together

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

Calm your faeces. I don't want to become a powerless moderator on this thread. The behaviour of some people on this thread can be bettered by a 7 year old. Get your acts together

Anyway, djsfjk

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

NO SWEARING.

Come on for goodness sake. I DON'T CARE!!!

zelalemon

zelalemon

immature

• 116 posts

*insert god damn thats edgy meme*

CLT, BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, ALB, BDL, SYR, HPN, EWN, RDU, PHL, ATL, CVG, MCO, DCA, IAD, BWI, MDW, HOU, DFW, PHX, DEN, BZN, FAT, SAN, LAX, BUR, SBA, SFO, SEA, ANC, KOA, MTJ, MBJ, SXM, CUN, PVR, YVR, SJO, JNB, LLW, LGW

A319, A320, A321, A333, A346, B734, B738, B752, B762, CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E145, E170, E190, DH8B

AWE, AAL, DAL, UAL, SAA, SWA

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

*insert god damn thats edgy meme*

get your own memes

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

WELL FOR GOODNESS SAKE, CHECK THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!

http://www.airline-e...tion=boardrules

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts
Marb1: No profanity may be posted (including in the chat and game, e.g. airline names). This includes circumventing the swear filter in the forums and chat.
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

Marb1: No profanity may be posted (including in the chat and game, e.g. airline names). This includes circumventing the swear filter in the forums and chat.

True. That was my point! It was Zortan that was swearing!

PingPong

PingPong

Dormant and Highly Sarcastic

• 1,206 posts

True. That was my point! It was Zortan that was swearing!

I think we can all count “Eat Feces” meant to be spelt “Faeces” as profanity.
post-80164-0-63668800-1520707454.png
Member, Vice-President, and Website Developer of Universal Alliance

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

I think we can all count “Eat Feces” meant to be spelt “Faeces” as profanity.

It isn't. Even "cr*p" can be seen on the AE forums and same for "b*tch" (both uncensored by the swear filter)! But feces is a scientific term and is MOST DEFINITELY NOT A SWEAR WORD! In fact it is probably the MOST POLITE term to refer to fecal matter (compared to "poop", "cr*p" and the S word).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users