Photo

A Couple of Liveries I Did Today

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Pielstick

Pielstick

• 2 posts

EDIT - Just realised this forum probably isn't the right place for this. Mods please move or delete as appropriate. My apologies.

I only discovered Airline Empires over the weekend. I'm having just as much fun making liveries with the excellent templates here as I am actually playing the game.

I just started two new airlines on R4 this morning - Caique Air operating out of LHR and Quetzlcoatl operating out of MEX:

sChrIH0.jpgXqYBSUN.jpg

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests

Being that you're quite literally new to this, I'll admit that for first time uploads, these aren't half bad! 

Considering that I have a little bit of experience under my belt with designing liveries, I think there are a few things you should take note of when making liveries, or 'brands' as we call them here:

1. Color choice - a lot of designers on here like to use what are called 'color pallets', these are a selection of specific colors that, when put together, will compliment each other.

2. Font choice - Since you're a first timer, I'll let you off the hook with these. But for the future, consider using typefaces that are more simplistic and more importantly, accurate to the relative era of the specific airliner being painted. (I'll give you a little helping hand, most modern brands today utilize a 'Sans Serif' typeface ;) )

I'll be eager to see future uploads of yours! And as an ending remark, welcome to AE! :P

-Vision

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I like these, especially compared to my liveries :P Plus, they are good for first liveries. Enjoy AE!

Pielstick

Pielstick

• 2 posts

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm just having fun at the moment.

Caique Air was a practice run in honour of my two parrots (Black Headed Caiques). Quetzacoatl came out of an idea I had for a Mexican airline. I always liked the Aztec type artwork on the 1990s Mexicana livery and thought I might try something with an Aztec theme. The old bare metal Aeromexico livery is one of my all time favourites.

I've also got a thing for classic liveries on modern aircraft, so I thought I'd resurrect BOAC on R6...

Ag7S8i5.jpg

SUJETO

SUJETO

Proud Virtual Airliner since 1989

• 295 posts

User's Awards

4    2      

EDIT - Just realised this forum probably isn't the right place for this. Mods please move or delete as appropriate. My apologies.

I only discovered Airline Empires over the weekend. I'm having just as much fun making liveries with the excellent templates here as I am actually playing the game.

I just started two new airlines on R4 this morning - Caique Air operating out of LHR and Quetzlcoatl operating out of MEX:

*I love the serpent logo in the tail of the B721 
Some IDEAS:
*add a 727 logo on the middle engine intake like this: http://www.crewgear....cker727blue.jpg
*(Like some guy said) the airline name could be nice for regional flight. but for international the only text readable is the aircraft registration ;)

Good luck with your repaints and keep improving. 

____________________EEEn_____________________:oS;
_____________________EEEE:__:-_____-lcneEg+.*EE--
_____________________*EEOEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-oOEV
____________:;;--+++-oEEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
__.:::::::.______::::__*CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEglCS
_.:-+++++++oEECgr**ll*VEECCJJogOEEE::EE__:E
____________;nEE:_______+*El+E-.

Carlos "SUJETO" Vargas Sánchez.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users