- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Whirligig

Whirligig

AE Player

• 93 posts

User's Awards

Quite honestly, this game has so much potential, and Ideas like this could greatly improve it for all uses and audiences.

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

Quite honestly, this game has so much potential, and Ideas like this could greatly improve it for all uses and audiences.

I agree 1000% with almost everything on this forum...

But my teachers don't...

Breadquanda

Breadquanda

assmuncher

• 96 posts

heheheheh deez nuts XD

HanTseng

HanTseng

AE Luver

• 335 posts

User's Awards

21    7    6    3   

This game could improve and be very good to students, it really helps math, business, and geography! However, the spamlines and competition in most off the world might be a problem to that.

post-80164-0-49508800-1518631495.png

BV6atB1.png

vxfPiWg.png

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

Well, my school filter blocks this game because it files under CIPA. I have to use a proxy to get past it.

If you can convince your employer to relieve the ban on the game, then by all means do so.

siggie3.png

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

Well, my school filter blocks this game because it files under CIPA. I have to use a proxy to get past it.

If you can convince your employer to relieve the ban on the game, then by all means do so.

Pasta/Pasti, how is Airline Empires inappropriate?????????????????????????

My very strict school actually doesn't filter this game AT ALL.

Also, do all computers that use CIPA block AE or just at your school?

I'd be like "What the heck?" if it's all computers that have CIPA that block AE!

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

school friendly........

I can see it now......

the background of the route management page will sport barney & friends.

looking up routes will start showing waldo  at the two airports you were your looking to open

a route at.

and dora the explorer will be the new backdrop of any forum thread that that has even the

slightest hint of a question in it.....

oh, I love it............ bring on school friendly.....

heck, you can even create a page that gives out stars to good route performance, and airplane use.

oh heck, you could "I bet", even figure out a way to pass out style points for what ever your

airline considered as.......

yaaa,    I want school friendly....

the corner, paddlings and detention.  yes yes yes....... give it to me..... give it all to me.....

" you guys are insane"

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I'd be like "What the heck?" if it's all computers that have CIPA that block AE!

My school blocks it because it has a forum. All forums and social media are blocked at my school between 0830 and 1800

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

IDK.

All programs that file under CIPA are blocked.

siggie3.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

My school blocks it because it has a forum. All forums and social media are blocked at my school between 0830 and 1800

strange... my school blocks nothing! I can be on Instagram all day.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

strange... my school blocks nothing! I can be on Instagram all day.

My MacBook Air's Parental controls blocks many parts of the forums automatically, as well as bits of the Pm system, but I can get around it.

spinkid000

spinkid000

AE Addict To-Be

• 15 posts

Hey Guys-

Thanks for all your replies.    I learned a lot actually.  Most importantly, others think it was a good idea.

I'm not the only one who noticed the practice of the 7's multiplication

it is def great at teaching geography, and if you have a strong knowledge of geography already it certainly helps you.   I found I was able to fly to a number of secondary cities because I'm familiar with them already.

Blocking of web sites in schools can be arbitrary, but a teacher can usually ask IT department to open up any particular site.

for the guy who thinks Barney and Dora ads will be popping up.  You definitely don't work with 4th and 5th graders.  They are very savvvy and would eat my for breakfast as a teacher if I assumed they watch that.   

I did an activity with my class where I listed the planes and the number of coach passengers they could hold and asked them to fill a route from JFK-LAX and to see how many combinations they could come up with.   They had fun with it, but after thinking some more, not all would have the ability or interest, so I'm thinking of using it as a challenge/enrichment activity for my advanced kids.  I'll just be honest with parents about the forums and  have them give permission.   

At this age, kids are competitive.  They had a typing practice game last year that many went home to try to be #1 in the class.

I learned some of the players here are already under 12.

For the person who mentioned it to their teacher who wasn't interested.  Sadly I'm not surprised.  Teachers for a variety of reasons aren't open to ideas outside of what "they are supposed to be doing"

I'm gonna give it a try.  I will update you guys!

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Hey Guys-

Thanks for all your replies.    I learned a lot actually.  Most importantly, others think it was a good idea.

it is def great at teaching geography, and if you have a strong knowledge of geography already it certainly helps you.   I found I was able to fly to a number of secondary cities because I'm familiar with them already.

Blocking of web sites in schools can be arbitrary, but a teacher can usually ask IT department to open up any particular site.

for the guy who thinks Barney and Dora ads will be popping up.  You definitely don't work with 4th and 5th graders.  They are very savvvy and would eat my for breakfast as a teacher if I assumed they watch that.   

I did an activity with my class where I listed the planes and the number of coach passengers they could hold and asked them to fill a route from JFK-LAX and to see how many combinations they could come up with.   They had fun with it, but after thinking some more, not all would have the ability or interest, so I'm thinking of using it as a challenge/enrichment activity for my advanced kids.  I'll just be honest with parents about the forums and  have them give permission.   

At this age, kids are competitive.  They had a typing practice game last year that many went home to try to be #1 in the class.

For the person who mentioned it to their teacher who wasn't interested.  Sadly I'm not surprised.  Teachers for a variety of reasons aren't open to ideas outside of what "they are supposed to be doing"

Good for you on doing this in a school. This is really a great idea I think! My school is quite by-the-book, and while they don't block sites, they don't want me playing the game in class. I really think that your kids will love it though.

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

Hey Guys-

1. In primary school they blocked Coolmath games for a few days, but I could convince them very easily to UNblock it!

2. I was that person. I can always try suggesting the game to a teacher and explaining! I am in the process of trying to get more kids at my school interested in AE! No problem with that, but someone did the same with Minecraft and social media at school, so I can still try!

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

It's a game.

Yes, you learn geography, yes you can get "better" at maths - but it is a game. Realistically you will learn more in a geography lesson rather than playing this game.

You will learn more in a maths lesson than playing this game. You will also learn more in an aviation lesson than in this game.

This game is not realistic in the structure of its market. You will learn next to nothing about how to handle a REAL airline. 

Who knows, maybe it could be something for primary/elementary schools, but High? Not a chance.

It is just that - a game.

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

It's a game.

Yes, you learn geography, yes you can get "better" at maths - but it is a game. Realistically you will learn more in a geography lesson rather than playing this game.

You will learn more in a maths lesson than playing this game. You will also learn more in an aviation lesson than in this game.

This game is not realistic in the structure of its market. You will learn next to nothing about how to handle a REAL airline. 

Who knows, maybe it could be something for primary/elementary schools, but High? Not a chance.

It is just that - a game.

Disagree. Check my signature.

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

Disagree. Check my signature.

So your signature changes everything?

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

Lol no but you should understand what I said! (earlier in this forum)

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

It may not, but it's at least a start

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

AE is unblocked here... I've been on it basically only at school for three years.

wgOP4y0.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users