- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

spinkid000

spinkid000

AE Addict To-Be

• 15 posts

Hi All

I'm still somewhat new to this game and learning as I go along.  It took me a while to figure out how to make a profitable airline and not be a spamline, and I'm just enjoying playing, but anyway.   I teach upper elementary grade students and see some connections to some of the math we practice.   Especially matching the right aircraft to match the number of passengers.  Not all of my kids could handle this, but my more advanced ones certainly could.

I would love a way for them to play, but not have access to forums or messaging.  Also perhaps a way to enroll multiple players at once and create a sandbox just for my classroom, which I think I could already do.

I guess, for your business model, you could actually create a version that is aimed toward Intermediate and Middle School students.  

The math and geography skills embedded in the game as is, are amazing.  I currently teach 4th grade.  heck, i could probably even consult on it.  haha.  Or perhaps this already exists but I'm just posting off the top of my head.

jmfsam

jmfsam

to be or not to be

• 321 posts

I found that AE definitely helped with my microeconomics course this year, so I'd definitely like to see something happen in relation to primary and secondary school teaching, though this will unlikely happen due to lack of demand and that the developers have been developing AE4 (the new 'Airline Empires') for quite some time. 

The forums are safe, most curse words are censored and people act reasonably mature on the site, apart from a few squabbles between members. The chatroom recently was closed so people no longer have access to that, however I do not believe that you can disable messaging. 

I believe you can also enter as many airlines as you'd like in the Rdelta world, possibly the students creating the airline and giving you shared control? Just a thought. 

vZe8iFx.png

1kZZDPA.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts
I agree with this. I can talk to my teachers about implementing this as well.

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

Then tell Yuxi to ban all the S word and F bomb in username players.

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

OMG! ME TOO!

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

But you were the one who said on Airline Enterprise: No they don't. I can swear as much as I want on Empires - I think...

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts
Well idk.

Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful

• Validating
  • 53 posts

I think this is a great idea, as this game really helped me with my geography skills, as well as making my 7 times tables the strongest out of all of them.

I think that the blocking of the forums would be a requirement for most school systems if students were began to use AE, as it is to out of the control of the school system.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

:) It also helped me with geography A LOT!

AirChina

AirChina

AE Loser

• 369 posts
I was already good at geography ;l
post-84154-0-29696800-1507229128.jpg

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I was already good at geography ;l

:) I wasn't! I couldn't tell you if resolute bay was in nunavut or NWT! 

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

:) It also helped me with geography A LOT!

My dad still only lets me play 15 minutes a day of AE!

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

My dad still only lets me play 15 minutes a day of AE!

really? how do you run your airlines? I just do it whenever I have spare time!

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I think this is a great idea, as this game really helped me with my geography skills, as well as making my 7 times tables the strongest out of all of them.

ABSOLUTE SAME!!!

This really is a good game and if used in an elementary situation we could raise a generation of children interested in Aviation...

wgOP4y0.jpg

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

ABSOLUTE SAME!!!

This really is a good game and if used in an elementary situation we could raise a generation of children interested in Aviation...

YESSSS INFECT THEM ALL!!!!!!

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

ABSOLUTE SAME!!!

yes!!

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

ABSOLUTE SAME!!!

Except children like me are ****wits who can only pay attention to a browser based game for like 2 minutes before finding it boring and stop playing.

Really, only like a handful of kids can find this game enjoyable otherwise it would just be an annoying chore

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Except children like me are ****wits who can only pay attention to a browser based game for like 2 minutes before finding it boring and stop playing.

Really, only like a handful of kids can find this game enjoyable otherwise it would just be an annoying chore

that's not true... it's better than them getting lectured in class.

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

I'm not even 12 yet and love this game, so not true.

Whirligig

Whirligig

AE Player

• 93 posts

User's Awards

This game has definitely made me brighter. Doing the 7 days a week calculation to get an estimate on how many flights you need to add, and my geography skills have gone to heaven. Being an aviation geek, I'm relatively knowledgeable on most of the larger airports, but just simply scrolling around on the map to waste time has been surprisingly useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users