Photo

What is this?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

This airline has insane number of seats in all economy on the LGA-BOS route and they charge 1$.

Attached File  Capture1.PNG   91.71KB   1 downloads 

Attached File  Capture2.PNG   561.99KB   1 downloads

Attached File  Capture3.PNG   330.88KB   1 downloads

My question is how does this airline generate profit. They charge 1$ and they exceed the daily demand, yet they have the largest market share. And I even looked at the airline, and they don't have a hub at either LGA or BOS at the time of this post.

t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

haaa haaa haaaa haaaaa, now that there is a lot of seats.......

what world is this in? I got to see who that is......

27 thousand seats...... heee hee heee heeee. I have to try that.

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

haaa haaa haaaa haaaaa, now that there is a lot of seats.......

what world is this in? I got to see who that is......

27 thousand seats...... heee hee heee heeee. I have to try that.

Its in R alpha
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

SirGresley

SirGresley

• 7 posts

The guy with 27k is either a loon who's bleeding cash, a blue-pax spamline, or both.

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

it's atnt71ed.  clearly he must know something, cause it says he's been around since 2011..

he must be one of maestro's friends.......

yaa, it's a tag team..... one burns threads, and the other burns worlds.....

but that's just a guess

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

it's atnt71ed.  clearly he must know something, cause it says he's been around since 2011..

but that's just a guess

haha - probably true...

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

but that's just a guess

Well that's annoying.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Welcome to spamliners. There's always that one guy...

wgOP4y0.jpg

CaptainSAM

CaptainSAM

Captain

• 13 posts

If only there were such airlines in the real world too. 

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

Welcome to spamliners. There's always that one guy...

I know what a spamline is but this one is different. There is no way to make profit by charging 1$ even with a million flights and scam IFS. And this airline dosent even have a hub at either airport.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

His goal isn't profits (yet) - rather, he is attempting to rapidly build up total passenger count so that at a later stage (when he is ready to build out hubs) he can expand connecting passengers at a hyper-inflated rate.  He does this by creating hubs at selected airports, and connecting both ends of those massive passenger routes with those new hubs.  Oh, and he can also boost prices quite high once he reaches a critical threshold, so those routes won't stay at $1 very long.

Now you know!  (whatcha gonna do about it?) lol

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

His goal isn't profits (yet) - rather, he is attempting to rapidly build up total passenger count so that at a later stage (when he is ready to build out hubs) he can expand connecting passengers at a hyper-inflated rate.  He does this by creating hubs at selected airports, and connecting both ends of those massive passenger routes with those new hubs.  Oh, and he can also boost prices quite high once he reaches a critical threshold, so those routes won't stay at $1 very long.

But how can he afford to build more hubs and terminals and purchase more aircraft if he is under constant profit loss from routes like these.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Ok dude - you should stop... why don't you try to run an actual airline?!

SirGresley

SirGresley

• 7 posts

Or at least a Ryanair-esque spamline?

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

But how can he afford to build more hubs and terminals and purchase more aircraft if he is under constant profit loss from routes like these.

Because he isn't operating at a loss.  True, at $1 fare, he isn't raking in much fare-wise.  However, IFS for 25000 plus passengers on a short hop route will generate more per passenger than the full fare would have.   Also keep in mind that he won't keep prices at $1 fare permanently.  He's not actually trying to discourage others from staying on the route.  Rather his ultimate goal is to jump start an exponential rise in connecting passengers so that he can grow more rapidly.

If your airline is affected by his $1 route, you can compensate/insulate your seat count fill rate by building hubs at one or preferably both ends of that route.  As time goes by, your seat fill rate will climb - simply revisit your routes and hit the save button again.

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

Because he isn't operating at a loss.  True, at $1 fare, he isn't raking in much fare-wise.  However, IFS for 25000 plus passengers on a short hop route will generate more per passenger than the full fare would have.   Also keep in mind that he won't keep prices at $1 fare permanently.  He's not actually trying to discourage others from staying on the route.  Rather his ultimate goal is to jump start an exponential rise in connecting passengers so that he can grow more rapidly.

If your airline is affected by his $1 route, you can compensate/insulate your seat count fill rate by building hubs at one or preferably both ends of that route.  As time goes by, your seat fill rate will climb - simply revisit your routes and hit the save button again.

Oh no I'm not losing profit as I have a hub at LaGuardia, I just wanted to know how he could fill that many seats without any hubs.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
Double-post
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

.Because 1) he's intensely competitive, 2) his competition are other blue-pax airliners, and 3) he wants that highest-valuation trophy.

If this game were able to hard-code all the constraints and limitations that would faithfully and collectively shape an actual real-world environment (an impossible task by the way) and do so without making the game prohibitively unplayable, players like att71eb would play as realistic airlines and still dominate.

Be that as it may, players can choose how they want to play, and that shouldn't be a problem for anyone, once you understand the building-of-hubs-to-insulate against-passenger-loss.  If you do this, you can continue to play realistically without worrying about blue-pax spamliners because they will no longer impact you.

71aa

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

Oh no I'm not losing profit as I have a hub at LaGuardia, I just wanted to know how he could fill that many seats without any hubs.

Because hubs built by other airlines in the same alliance can be utilized in the same way - in a way, their hubs are your hubs.  

Interestingly, if every airline were in the same alliance, each member of that alliance could make use of any hubs of any of the other members as though that hub were constructed by that member.  So the optimal strategy would be for every player to be in the same alliance. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users