Photo

Gate cost differences by size?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

At a large airport such as O'hare, do the gate costs change due to the size of the gate? Like a gate for a regional airline might be 100 seats in the gate lounge and it might have one or two lines on the ramp. Would that cost less per month than a 500 seat gate for a 747 or A380 with twin jetways? And would an airline like Southern Airways Express who has one gate in Pittsburgh but eight spaces for aircraft at that gate pay extra for using those slots or would they just be chrged for the gate?

wgOP4y0.jpg

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
From what I know is that, to save time, money and simplify the long term plans the airlines signs a contract negotiating the price with the amount(possibly estimated) of seats. Now a smaller airline would pay less because of having less seats but on the per seat cost the larger one would pay less because its like ordering in bulk (mainly because more pax flow in the airport = more profit for stores etc. Larger aircraft = more % of cost for fuel revenue (basically airport taxes) and more per passenger taxes they will make.)

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
And might I add that airlines fight over available gates by offering more than the competitor is offering.

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

edward99

edward99

AE Player

• 52 posts

User's Awards

We should be able to sub lease gates at are own terminals and slots at all gates making it easy for small airlines to startup and regional airline able to fly to big cities

edward99

edward99

AE Player

• 52 posts

User's Awards

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts

We should be able to sub lease gates at are own terminals and slots at all gates making it easy for small airlines to startup and regional airline able to fly to big cities

Hi Edward! Although this isn't in the suggestions forum(we're talking about real world aviation) I agree with ou but the only problem is that users would use it to their own advantage like if merging airlines was allowed users would start up airlines again and again and merge them into one to get more aircraft and money before the game even starts. Of course there are barriers you can add to prevent this. If you would like to talk more about this just PM me ;)

Also bAnderson Im contacting an airline friend of mine and confirming, lets see if he responds :D

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

namika

namika

*restarting*

• 688 posts

At a large airport such as O'hare, do the gate costs change due to the size of the gate? Like a gate for a regional airline might be 100 seats in the gate lounge and it might have one or two lines on the ramp. Would that cost less per month than a 500 seat gate for a 747 or A380 with twin jetways? And would an airline like Southern Airways Express who has one gate in Pittsburgh but eight spaces for aircraft at that gate pay extra for using those slots or would they just be chrged for the gate?

I think so yes.

aDarRVC.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users