Suggestions for Removing Spamlines and improving AE

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I've made a list of things that would improve the game, in my opinion, and start to get rid of Spamlines:

1. Scheduling - When you create a route - you have to set times and aircraft, as well as days of the week. That way - putting a route on a plane takes longer and would slow down expansion. Flights that are departed at ridiculous times (such as midnight-6Am) will get less passengers because of their frustrating departure times.
  2. Maintenance - Similar to scheduling - you need to plan your A, B, C, and D checks for your plane instead of just getting the bill. You must then schedule them for times that the plane isn't on a route, of course.
  3. Hubs - Airlines should only be able to create routes from their HQ airport at the start of their existence. After they've existed for some time (90-270 days or something), they will be able to open a new hub. Then, they can depart flights from both of their hubs. Then, they have to wait another 90 days (These are all game days, btw) to open the third hub, and so on. This would limit expansion and prohibit empty hubs as some spamlines do (hubbing every single city that is a destination!)
  4. Used Aircraft Delivery - When an airline sells an A/C, it has to be delivered from the location of the airline, which would take time. Therefore, all Used aircraft purchases should have a delivery time of 24 hours for removal of the old airline's branding, then the flight time from the other airline's hub to your chosen delivery location. That way, Spamlines can't just buy the entire used market and create an instant 1000 plane fleet. Another suggestion in the used aircraft is that you should only be allowed to buy 2 or so used aircraft every game day - this also limits expansion.
  5. Finances - bonds should become loans - then you can pay them off ahead of time. Also, starting cash should be about 30 million for airlines in R worlds and 175 million for airlines in the sandboxes. That way - with my used aircraft suggestions and the like, you don't run out of money waiting for aircraft to be delivered
  6. Chronological considerations - Templehoff airport and many other airports in AE close at some point. Therefore - they should. For the example of THF, it should open in 1923 and close in 2008 in the game worlds. Then there is demand. Demand at THF was up until the late 70's when it began to dwindle. Rather than just have random demand changes, demand should change as time goes on in the realistic airports. This should also change based on time around the world - Air Travel was less popular, believe it or not, in the 60's than it is today, so there should be less demand all around then.
  7. New aircraft production - Aircraft should use production slots. This is when a delivery for each aircraft can be made once a day, once a week, etc. The manufacturer would give delivery slots to carriers, and so when a carrier orders a lot, say 50 737-700s, they get maybe every 3 production slots for their planes. Then, if someone else came along and ordered just 5, they would get a few in the middle of the other airline's slots. That way, spamlines don't kill production for others, and they allow for consistent and planned aircraft deliveries.
  8. Weight Variants - some aircraft offer additional MTOW packages for an added cost that increase the range without putting in different engines - these would work well as another option
  9. IFS Additions: Baggage fees, carry-on fees, boarding pass printing fees (Spirit does this!), iPads, premium Economy
  10. Essential Air Service and the like. In the USA, the government pays some airlines such as Mokulele and Boutique Air to operate routes that would be unprofitable otherwise, such as to remote airports in alaska, as well as remote airports in the plains of the US. Other countries have similar systems - I think this would be good for airlines looking to expand their networks. Cities with no demand (Teterboro, etc.) can have an EAS implemented where the airline will be paid to construct a terminal and start at least x number of flights to the airport.

In the end - these are just my suggestions that might not get implemented, but I think that they would help the game tremendously in becoming more playable and more fun!

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I have a feeling that these are all suggestions for AE4, except the iPads. Yuxi is having a hard time funding further development of this game. ANd it is not known how that will be fixed.

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

I agree. Check http://www.airline-e...ould-be-banned/by me

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I have a feeling that these are all suggestions for AE4, except the iPads. Yuxi is having a hard time funding further development of this game. ANd it is not known how that will be fixed.

yes - I know  - some of my suggestions will remove the spam lines somewhat but Yuxi will probably have a lot to do if he chooses to do this, and it isn't the most likely thing in the world considering what has been done so far...

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Yes, however I gave pointers on what to do to remove the spam lines, while you just said that you hated them and that they were bankrupting you.

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

Advanced Ignore System

Activated

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

I do like a few of those ideas, but yeah, AE 4 :P

I also like the idea of removing business class demand until the late 70s/early 80s. 

Chronological introduction of fees i.e. early 2000s could see online check in become an option. charging for not checking in online, having higher prices for checking baggage at the airport, customisable baggage allowances etc. Being stingy would result in a rep drop and lower rep/service levels would actually force airlines to charge less to get passengers to fly with them. That way ryanair style carriers can't charge the same as BMI type carriers and still have a full plane :P

All of this will be a reality when I win the euromillions and bankroll yuxi :P

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
The problem with suggesting things is that it requires a developer who does more than reset worlds and maintain the website itself

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Oh - more stuff I forgot: Crashes - happen when you don't do heavy maintenance checks - B, C, and D. When you don't do the A check, you just pay more becasue things break inflight, but usually not major things.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Oh - more stuff I forgot: Crashes - happen when you don't do heavy maintenance checks - B, C, and D. When you don't do the A check, you just pay more becasue things break inflight, but usually not major things.

I do like a few of those ideas, but yeah, AE 4 :P

I also like the idea of removing business class demand until the late 70s/early 80s. 

Chronological introduction of fees i.e. early 2000s could see online check in become an option. charging for not checking in online, having higher prices for checking baggage at the airport, customisable baggage allowances etc. Being stingy would result in a rep drop and lower rep/service levels would actually force airlines to charge less to get passengers to fly with them. That way ryanair style carriers can't charge the same as BMI type carriers and still have a full plane :P

All of this will be a reality when I win the euromillions and bankroll yuxi :P

I also like the idea of getting rid of premium cabins for a while, because airlines used to operate all in economy, then in economy/first, then the three cabin configuration. Good luck with the lottery :)

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

And now many are scrapping first entirely :P 

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

And now many are scrapping first entirely :P

True - so F demand is declining.

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
I feel like point to point routes should still be allowed, because most LCCs do this because they rely on hubs.

I also would want to know how transfer pax would work because the actual good spamlines use blue pax through small airports to make their dough and those are the ones that win the game. Just think about it, it is realistic. Look at CLT a hub for American which carries 90% of the market there and yet 80% of the pax arrive there for transfers flights.

Same with ATL. Atlanta isn't even close to being the largest city, not even in the U.S. but yet it has the world's busiest airport with most of the passengers using it as a transfer point.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I feel like point to point routes should still be allowed, because most LCCs do this because they rely on hubs.

I also would want to know how transfer pax would work because the actual good spamlines use blue pax through small airports to make their dough and those are the ones that win the game. Just think about it, it is realistic. Look at CLT a hub for American which carries 90% of the market there and yet 80% of the pax arrive there for transfers flights.

Same with ATL. Atlanta isn't even close to being the largest city, not even in the U.S. but yet it has the world's busiest airport with most of the passengers using it as a transfer point.

Well, they could be allowed, but still... my thing allows that, you just have to wait some time, so that it becomes less easy to super-spam. With larger airports, such as CLT or ATL, then maybe a connecting pax number could be added to airport stats, similar to the passenger stats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users