Small/Realistic World (1919-1939)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Guest_AeroBlue_*

Guest_AeroBlue_*
  • Guests

I would like to see a small world based on the time period 1919-1939. It is a sufficient time period of 20 years. Only problem I see with this is that there is not a lot of aircraft implemented into the current AE made around 1919-1939. It would be awesome if this could be achieved, as it'll give a different game environment.  ;)

Sam..

Sam..

AE Player

• 63 posts

I would like to see a small world based on the time period 1919-1939. It is a sufficient time period of 20 years. Only problem I see with this is that there is not a lot of aircraft implemented into the current AE made around 1919-1939. It would be awesome if this could be achieved, as it'll give a different game environment.  ;)

It's not a bad idea but it's not easy to implement:

Which airports and aerodromes were operational?

How would we know which to feature in the game world?

Where would you get the passenger stats from? The stats weren't documented.

It would be unrealistic having hundreds of planes in an airline because 1. Airlines rarely had more that 50 aircraft. 2. Manufacturers didn't make more than 100 of the same aircraft models.

Basically it would be a totally different game. If it was possible it would have already been implemented. 

The reason this game is so accurate is because the airline industry is the one of the most documented in the world. Before 1940 that was not the case.

Y20uowx.jpg

ae3r0_1452.jpg

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

That, and, AE currently doesn't really have any planes from that era - plus they usually go with years ending in 5 and 0.

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

Yeah, I think it would possible to do 1935/1940 - 2030/2035

AC787

AC787

• 1 posts

It's not a bad idea but it's not easy to implement:

Which airports and aerodromes were operational?

How would we know which to feature in the game world?

Where would you get the passenger stats from? The stats weren't documented.

It would be unrealistic having hundreds of planes in an airline because 1. Airlines rarely had more that 50 aircraft. 2. Manufacturers didn't make more than 100 of the same aircraft models.

Basically it would be a totally different game. If it was possible it would have already been implemented. 

The reason this game is so accurate is because the airline industry is the one of the most documented in the world. Before 1940 that was not the case.

Just to add to this, the airline industry was still highly regulated (as few airlines could survive without an airmail contract). Thus there were essentially only flag carriers. You rarely had more than one airline on the same route. Basically, this already means that the game couldn't work the way it does now to be realistic in such a period, even before we get to the many issues you listed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users