Photo

I hate spamliners!!!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

Ok. I had just started up an airline and chose the A320. I researched routes from FCO and DXB was #1 on the list. But guess what?! A spamliner (a single airline!) had 76 weekly flights (or over 10 daily), way above demand! Plus, he had many different plane types, the A330, 777-200, 767-300ER, Il-96-300, Tu-204-100 AND many A320s all on the route. This is unacceptable.

Attached File  spam air 2.PNG   438.8KB   7 downloads

Attached File  spam air 1.PNG   364.09KB   5 downloads

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Ok. I had just started up an airline and chose the A320. I researched routes from FCO and DXB was #1 on the list. But guess what?! A spamliner (a single airline!) had 76 weekly flights (or over 10 daily), way above demand! Plus, he had many different plane types, the A330, 777-200, 767-300ER, Il-96-300, Tu-204-100 AND many A320s all on the route. This is unacceptable.

attachicon.gifspam air 2.PNG

attachicon.gifspam air 1.PNG

I feel your pain. I was looking at a route. Set it up. Then later a spamline by the name of Air Europe I think came and offered six flights a week on a route with only sufficient demand for 4. When I had already fully provided. The route was Genoa to Haugesund-Karmoy. Just a point, demand on routes fluctuates fairly heavily. Sometimes by as much as 45%.

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

I feel your pain. I was looking at a route. Set it up. Then later a spamline by the name of Air Europe I think came and offered six flights a week on a route with only sufficient demand for 4. When I had already fully provided. The route was Genoa to Haugesund-Karmoy. Just a point, demand on routes fluctuates fairly heavily. Sometimes by as much as 45%.

I bet you can't guess my airline's name. Try it. Hint: My profile picture

Thefireset

Thefireset

AE Player

• 84 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

I understand your frustration but spamliner are part of the game and they play fairly, with the same rules. For example, I consider myself as a spamliner but I use smaller airports (less than 1 million pax IRL) to build my gigantic airlines. I think this player should do that because it's unfair for other players to spam a big route like FCO - DXB.

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

If you want to beat a spamliner, be a spamliner.

siggie3.png

K Gridiron

K Gridiron

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

You can still make money on a spamed route if the route is a spoke on one of your hubs or between 2 hubs.

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

If you experience passenger loss due to a spamliner coming along and "overloading" that route, you should a)create a terminal at one or both endpoints of that route, and then B) hubify each of those airports, then click the save button.   In this way you will most likely recover most or all of the passengers lost.

By creating hubs, your airline will have access to an increasingly larger set of connecting (purple) passengers as the game months go by.  Which means that you can periodically add new flights and obtain new connecting passengers.

Once you create enough terminal/hub pairs and interconnect them, you can never be pushed off such a route due to other airlines lowering their prices.  Which means that it wont matter how many planes and flights other airlines place on the same route, your results are independent from other's actions.

K Gridiron

K Gridiron

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

If you experience passenger loss due to a spamliner coming along and "overloading" that route, you should a)create a terminal at one or both endpoints of that route, and then B) hubify each of those airports, then click the save button.   In this way you will most likely recover most or all of the passengers lost.

By creating hubs, your airline will have access to an increasingly larger set of connecting (purple) passengers as the game months go by.  Which means that you can periodically add new flights and obtain new connecting passengers.

Once you create enough terminal/hub pairs and interconnect them, you can never be pushed off such a route due to other airlines lowering their prices.  Which means that it wont matter how many planes and flights other airlines place on the same route, your results are independent from other's actions.

Well said!

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

haaa haaa haaaa. the poor guy is going to spend the next 9 months trying to find

a save button that doesn't exist. that is cruel book, that is cruel....

but kind of funny.......

wait a minute.... there is a save button....     oops

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Spamliners is the future. Look at Spirit Airlines and Ryanair. 

ricky7106

ricky7106

• 5 posts

Emirates is exactly that, flood a market push the traditional carries off, even if EK operates at a loss (which most of the time they do) then when everyone else pulls off, raise prices. Spaming

Guest_Gandercheese_*

Guest_Gandercheese_*
  • Guests

At least AE could finally bring the maximum Aircraft utilization down to a realistic 100 hours a week. With the 140 hours the aircraft would end up in vast amounds of technicals IRL. Plus the very early upcoming C- and D- checks, which I really miss in this game.

Guest_Gandercheese_*

Guest_Gandercheese_*
  • Guests

And please, include a more realistic proportion in the space F and C seats use in comparison to Y seats. This would allow for a more realistic limitation in aircraft seating capacities. Even in high density almost every airplane allows to many seats to be used in multi-class config.

freebird73

freebird73

• 4 posts

Spamliners are the lowest form of airline. The ones that do that on a route are the lowest form of spamliner.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I'm gonna be number 1 on S3-B World. Suck it. 

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Spamlining isn't cheating.

It's simply exploiting either broken, or questionable game mechanics to give yourself an advantage over competitors. While at the same time isolating yourself from competition and more or less being capable of charging whatever you want for tickets within reason.

Definitely. Not. Cheating. Anybody who thinks so is a communist liberal blah blah blah.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Guest_Gandercheese_*

Guest_Gandercheese_*
  • Guests

double

Guest_Gandercheese_*

Guest_Gandercheese_*
  • Guests

250 flights a week between JFK and ATL on just oneaAirline with more than 3500 seats a day and another one with 144 flights a week between those two airports in 1958. REALLY??? Somethings needs to be done against this spamlining, at least on a server that calls it's worlds realistic. This is pushing the fun in the game into the deep.

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

250 flights a week between JFK and ATL on just oneaAirline with more than 3500 seats a day and another one with 144 flights a week between those two airports in 1958. REALLY??? Somethings needs to be done against this spamlining, at least on a server that calls it's worlds realistic. This is pushing the fun in the game into the deep.

That isn't spamlining. That's recklessness and stupidity. Real spamlining is an art.

zahrul3

zahrul3

AE Player

• 36 posts

I hate spamliners for a different reason

They hog up much needed gates and make the impossible to play after a certain point when there are literally no more gates left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users