Photo

Convair CV-580, CV-600 & CV-640 (AKA -240-D, -340-D & -440-D)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Strait_Hopper

Strait_Hopper

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

Hi all,

Having done a search of the forums, it appears that the original P&W, piston-driven variation of the Convairliners have been successfully asked for and incorporated into the game.

I was wondering though whether we could also get the later, turbo-prop driven variations added as well? In real life, these were technically "conversions" of existing airframes, rather than new aircraft, but they were classified as different aircraft models and significantly changed (I would say ënhanced") the performance of the aircraft.

The CV-580 was driven by two Allisom 501 turbo props. The CV-600 (AKA CV-240-D), and CV640 (AKA CV-340-D and CV-440-D) were driven by two Rolls Royce Darts, the same engine as the Vickers Viscount.

The best data source I could find was the following site, although I don't know for sure whether it is accurate: http://www.flugzeugi...ta_cv640_en.php

Would others like to see these aircraft in the game?

TheBlock

TheBlock

silly person

• 289 posts

User's Awards

I agree. I would love to see the CV580

jomama

ResidentEVO

ResidentEVO

AE Know It All

• 104 posts

User's Awards

Would also love to see this, but as an upgrade to the existing Convair, like adding winglets.... I want a 50 year old airframe with turboprops on it!

NorthCentral580

NorthCentral580

• 2 posts

User's Awards

6    10   

I grew up in central Wisconsin.  Spent many hours out at our local airport watching Convair 440s, but mostly 580s land and take-off.  In addition, my bedroom window was on the final approach to one of the runways to the airport.  Have fond memories of 580s making their final approach and flying over the house with their landing lights shining brightly.  Had the opportunity to fly aboard the CV-580 on a couple of occasions as a teenager.  One very memorable trip was a roundtrip flight aboard North Central 580s between Green Bay and Detroit.  Flight made brief stops at GRR and LAN.

I too would like to see Convairs added to the game.

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

My home airport still gets daily CV-580 service to this day!!!

I used to work for a courier company & would load that plane with airfreight at the end of the day.  The pilots love operating them & the builders plate on one of planes that I used to frequently load says that it was built in 1953!

Berubium.png

ResidentEVO

ResidentEVO

AE Know It All

• 104 posts

User's Awards

My home airport still gets daily CV-580 service to this day!!!

I used to work for a courier company & would load that plane with airfreight at the end of the day.  The pilots love operating them & the builders plate on one of planes that I used to frequently load says that it was built in 1953!

One of the Turbo Otters that my company flies was built in '51!  It's #24 off the line.

Niskan

Niskan

DC-9 Crazy

• 362 posts

User's Awards

3    3         

I would love to see those in the game, the Convair liners are my favorite ! 

MrTrash

MrTrash

AE Player

• Data Manager
  • 93 posts
Since the DC-8 Super Seventies are in game….

I might allow this one. The Grumman Gulfstream I-C also makes a case for this.

However, still thinking no on the Super 27.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users