Photo

A380 plus

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts

So a few hours ago the A380plus has been confirmed by Airbus in the Paris Air Show. My thoughts about this upgrade are a bit mixed. Any thoughts ?

namika

namika

*restarting*

• 688 posts

I feel like its unnecessary and its not going to sell well because really the only airline that is buying them in huge quantities and i don't think they will cancel the order

aDarRVC.png

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts

I believe the problem with the A380 is that it can carry way more passengers than actually needed. On the other hand the A380plus is going to be a good option for replacement of the older A380s.

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   
And neither is the 747-8I selling very well. IMO the 747 will eventually head to the cemetery...

A220

A220

A220 ftw

• 327 posts

The A380 came a decade or two too early. In 2030 the same plane would have sold 500+ units for sure, and many more airlines would be jumping in.

BV6atB1.jpg

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
I couldn't agree more.

namika

namika

*restarting*

• 688 posts

The A380 came a decade or two too early. In 2030 the same plane would have sold 500+ units for sure, and many more airlines would be jumping in.

I see your point it makes they only really sold well to emirates and no airlines in the U.S purchased them so there could have been a better outcome.

aDarRVC.png

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

I see your point it makes they only really sold well to emirates and no airlines in the U.S purchased them so there could have been a better outcome.

Because Emirates keeps growing too fast <_<

kingoftheskies

kingoftheskies

I breathe SQ but not their fares :/

• 377 posts

The A380 is not really suitable for the US market, thus no US carriers purchased them.

xkDm6U0.png

aZ0BcgW.png

MGnazId.png

194wCOY.png

C49JvWP.png

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

I wonder how long it will be before people demand the A380 Plus to be put in the game.... ;) 

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
Maybe mid 2020s ?

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

I wonder how long it will be before people demand the A380 Plus to be put in the game.... ;)

When I saw the title of this thread, that's exactly what I expected the thread was about.  :)

Berubium.png

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

It is always good to see a manufacturer, like Airbus in this case, look at the current portfolio and try to propose changes to one of their aircraft to encourage more sales, from new and existing airlines flying the a380s.

Was the A380s too early to the scene? Perhaps, perhaps not, but they do cater to a specific need to flying high dense routes across the globe to big centres like London, Los Angeles or say New York. But i guess with the introduction of the 787 and most recently with the A350s have provide airlines other options than just funnelling people through a hub onto bigger aircraft and also, the last few years the global economy has not helped the a380 with perhaps not as much as travel as predicted or required to see a380s been flown with 100% LF.

I, for one, would love to see Airbus finally introduce the A380-900, the stretched version of the A380, but i guess that plan is on hold until later down the line.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
So the A380 plus is the A380-800 with winglets and with a few cabin changes to fit more seats???

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests
Emirates has only received HALF of their entire A380 fleet and Airbus is already announcing the next model. Seems a little bizzarre when you think about it.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

And neither is the 747-8I selling very well. IMO the 747 will eventually head to the cemetery...

This topic is on the A380. Plus, the 747's production will end only one year before the A380's, so they'll go to the graveyard together! Plus, the 747 has had a VERY long life, while the A380 has been short-lived. My opinion on the plus is that it is exactly the wrong move. Airlines are looking for planes with less seats, and Airbus is giving them one with MORE!

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

I think it is suicide. The Airbus A380 already failed there was an expectation for the freighter and NEO variant but they never came because the A380 isn't picking up orders that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users