Photo

Average Route Reputation Issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

freebird73

freebird73

• 4 posts

My average route reputation in the airline options tab is 38, even though my route reputations range from 44 to 61. Why is this and how do I fix it?

Krysia's Krusader

Krysia's Krusader

• 32 posts

User's Awards

2    3    3    3    2   

What do you mean by "fix"?

You can either improve your route reputation, or diminish it, by various actions - which are described right next to the route reputation indicator you are referencing in that tab.

The reputation you have on various routes are also affected by nearly the same criteria (I'm assuming you are referencing the indicator found in the competition tab on the research route page, for individual routes).

You can have fantastic reputation on a few routes, while having abysmal on other routes, thereby affecting your average.

The indicator found in the airline options tab is exactly what it says it is: Weighted average of customer satisfaction among your routes

freebird73

freebird73

• 4 posts

What do you mean by "fix"?

You can either improve your route reputation, or diminish it, by various actions - which are described right next to the route reputation indicator you are referencing in that tab.

The reputation you have on various routes are also affected by nearly the same criteria (I'm assuming you are referencing the indicator found in the competition tab on the research route page, for individual routes).

You can have fantastic reputation on a few routes, while having abysmal on other routes, thereby affecting your average.

The indicator found in the airline options tab is exactly what it says it is: Weighted average of customer satisfaction among your routes

That's not what I'm asking about. The average is below the lowest route reputation. I'm no math expert, but that's not how averages work.

Krysia's Krusader

Krysia's Krusader

• 32 posts

User's Awards

2    3    3    3    2   

Ja, it is what your asking about - problem is that it is poorly described and not well documented.

it is a "weighted" calculation that very few people know.

The exact formula is unknown except to Yuxi, and maybe the guy who updates some of the data,

I had figured out most of them years ago to within a few decimal places, but it was on my old computer which I no longer have.

In essence - it don't really matter.

Airline/route reputation counts for getting passengers on a route if you have competition. If there is no other airline on the same route, then you get all the passengers no matter what (unless you price yourself out of them).

I went and checked your profile, and see that we're in the same game world (I'm the leader of the alliance you joined).

From the airport you have decided to operate out of, I imagine there will be competition, as most new players like that part of the map.

My advice to you, would be just to cut the price, as that is the single most overriding and determining factor to which airline the passengers will choose to ride on.

If you are concerned about getting a trophy for reputation, then message me 5 years before the game world ends, and I'll explain how to get one.

If you are trying to simulate an airline in real life, and want the best reputation possible, then follow the descriptions next to the various indicators in the airline options menu (get 200+ destinations,raise the pay rate to all your employees, use 5 star IFE / IFS, update your fleet to maintain age, etc.).

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

The exact formula is unknown except to Yuxi, and maybe the guy who updates some of the data

Frequency 30%

On-time performance 25%

Legroom 25%

IFS 20%

But don't tell anyone.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Neither of you have understood the issue he is having. His reputation on each individual route (the one made with the combination of freq, legroom, punctuality and IFS) is higher than the stated average in the options page. He correctly points out this is a mathematical impossibility :P

I don't know if any of you have noticed but the airline reputation options page adds up to 110% :P The system is broken, my airline gets 86/110% with the faulty route rep average. With a more realistic average it gets 97/110%. The system definitely understates an airline's reputation in terms of route rep which is a shame because it means really good smaller airlines don't get recognised.

It would be nice if this got fixed, glad someone else brought it up :)

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

Neither of you have understood the issue he is having

I understood but couldn't quite offer a solution - I merely answered a further question that the first respondent raised. Thank you for your answer, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users