Photo

Abandoned Major Airports

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

0M4R

0M4R

yes

• 768 posts

When I usually join worlds, I typically see places such as Southeast Asia and the US, a certain part of Europe quite dense and full.

But I've found many airports in capital cities that have pretty much no base airline there at all.

EX: Athens, Prague, Lisbon, etc.

I've been operating at Lisbon twice and I'm currently doing so. Virtually no competition, the whole airport is yours.

f2DbRjM.png

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts
Tempelhof!

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Not really tempelhof. The demand is quite low, especially compared with other Germany/berlin airports. Although, I have to admit, I do use Tempelhof sometimes!

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts

Not really tempelhof. The demand is quite low, especially compared with other Germany/berlin airports. Although, I have to admit, I do use Tempelhof sometimes!

Well, it was a major airport... and it is abandoned, for the most part... So it's an abandoned major airport!

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Well, it was a major airport... and it is abandoned, for the most part... So it's an abandoned major airport!

In that sense, yes totally! However, what I think OM4R was trying to say is that there are some airports that are huge and not abandoned in real life that no one flies to in the game.

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts
Oh.. In that case, Karachi, Cairo, Riyadh, Dammam, Don Mueang, Vnukovo, Gimpo, Narita, Itami, Sabiha Gökçen, Stansted, Orly, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Hanoi, Hangzhou, Dalian, Urumqi, Mehrabad, Calgary, Sapporo, Congonhas, Marseille, Nice, Milan Linate, Budapest, Tel Aviv, Beirut, Sharjah, Muscat, Doha, Taipei Songshan, Cancun, Geneva, Edinburgh, and a lot more.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Exactly the point

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   
You do realize not many international airlines in the real world want to fly to Kolkata due to a lack of business flyers going there

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Tempelhof!

This is the second time I've seen you post here without actually listening to the posts above or reading the post properly. Perhaps you should invest in reading lessons.

That's a pretty good list though. Throw in Antalya and Buenos Aires too.

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

You use 737-800? A320 is better (less fuel and cost)

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

You use 737-800? A320 is better (less fuel and cost)

Dumpster Fire

Dumpster Fire

AE Player

• 50 posts

Geneva does have almost no traffic there. I flew out of Switzerland a few times as Geneva Air, and it was so easy to get a profitable airline up and running. Although then you have to force your way into the Zurich market eventually

Obas

Obas

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

User's Awards

Almost any second airport in a city, Hurghada, Marseille, Belgrade, Hanover, Vnukovo, Lanzhou, Taiyuan, Nice, and other medium-sized airports outside of the USA.

bostero2

bostero2

AE Player

• 57 posts

This is the second time I've seen you post here without actually listening to the posts above or reading the post properly. Perhaps you should invest in reading lessons.

That's a pretty good list though. Throw in Antalya and Buenos Aires too.

I would've agreed with Buenos Aires but now in R0 there are two airlines based there (mine and another one, mine based in AEP and the other in EZE) and all the hubs in second tier cities. At one point in the game there were three airlines based in Argentina, but one pulled out. I think even Eastern had VASA and pulled out before the game started.

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

I would've agreed with Buenos Aires but now in R0 there are two airlines based there (mine and another one, mine based in AEP and the other in EZE) and all the hubs in second tier cities. At one point in the game there were three airlines based in Argentina, but one pulled out. I think even Eastern had VASA and pulled out before the game started.

That happened after I found India as a bigger, better, more opportunistic market than Argentina, so I decided to go there and start a new airline in MAA instead.

Guest_Theo Nobilis_*

Guest_Theo Nobilis_*
  • Guests

In France Nice, Lyon and Marseille are not that oftenly used (except by me ^^)

Altisssime Airways

Altisssime Airways

• 4 posts

In Italy Bergamo, Cagliari, Catania, Palermo and Bologna are quite abandoned

A220

A220

A220 ftw

• 327 posts

Athens and Larnaca are basically empty most of the time (although Larnaca doesn't have a lot of demand). Sometimes I find Panama quite empty too. 

BV6atB1.jpg

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   
The problem with some of those airports is that they tend to be more leisure than business, and I bet most AE players prefer business airports. I think that's probably because there's more profit potential from business destinations than holiday ones...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rα

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users