4-5 star IFS?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

Hello fellow players!

I am having a hard time finding how to make a good IFS. By "good" I mean having a high reputation. So here is my question: What IFS will give me the highest reputation for the least cash lost? I know that to have a really good reputation, you will have negative cash, but -$361?

Thanks,

Fred

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
When in the route tabs your IFS reputation is determined by the IFE of the aircraft and the IFS combined. So what you can do, and what I usually do is combine a 5 or 4 star IFE with a 3 star IFS.

For domestic flights(or any route under 3000mi) my IFS consist of 6 free level 3 snacks, newspapers, headphones, kids entertainment pack, blankets, and pillows all for free. For international flights (over 3000mi) I used the same items but also add 1 breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All of the non food items must be free so that it is a one time cost making it cheaper for you. This should grant you three stars.

For a 5 star IFE all you need is level 5 projectors(20 per 100 seats), and level 5 audio on demand. Costs should look something like this Attached File  Screenshot_20170530-094420.png   338.73KB   0 downloads These cost may seem high, but my airline uses these IFS and I make profit just fine, considering how many spamlines and LCCs that I constantly compete with.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
And when it comes around, you should consider replacing audio with Wi-Fi because Wi-Fi only has a high one time cost making your per flight cost much cheaper.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

Thanks! Only prob, IFE doesn't come around for another 8 years. but I can wait!

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

How do I get a 100% reputation, or close to that?

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

100% reputation pretty much means your airline will run on 0.5% profit, which means no way to expand. what you should do is lower all costs, ignore reputation, and game on. reputation does not matter unless you do not care the size of your airline.

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

How do I get a 100% reputation, or close to that?

I don't think that is even possible in real life. No airline is perfect after all. Unless you're talking about the overall airline reputation, I'm not really sure. I've had close to 100%, maybe 80 or 90, but I've seen spamlines with even more than that so I can't even confirm.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

I don't think that is even possible in real life. No airline is perfect after all. Unless you're talking about the overall airline reputation, I'm not really sure. I've had close to 100%, maybe 80 or 90, but I've seen spamlines with even more than that so I can't even confirm.

Although it's so easy to do, and very rewarding revenue wise it's not really fun. He probably wants to play realisticly which is more challenging imo.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

100% reputation pretty much means your airline will run on 0.5% profit, which means no way to expand. what you should do is lower all costs, ignore reputation, and game on. reputation does not matter unless you do not care the size of your airline.

He never asked if he should change his airline. Based on his question he didn't seem to be operating a spamliner, and telling him to do so is just stupid. All this guy wanted is to see if there was a profitable 4/5* IFS.

siggie3.png

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

I did actually ask if there was a way to get 100% reputation. I want to win by reputation, because in no way am I experienced enough to win by value.

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

And I believe a big part of that is IFE/IFS.

Anzatax

Anzatax

Airline Manager

• 488 posts

If you look at the "Airline Options" tab, you should see a summary of your reputation. There's route reputation (which counts for 40% of the overall reputation), route network size (20%), alliance network bonus (10%), employee morale (10%), age of airline (10%), average fleet age (10%), and financial health (10%). The marketing area can give your reputation an extra boost (more than 10%) depending on how much you invest in it.

• Route reputation: This depends on your IFS, IFE, legroom, frequency, loadfactor, time flown, and on-time performance. For IFS and IFE, the more stars the better. For first class, the perfect reputation is 5 star for both IFS and IFE. For business class, a total of 9 stars combined (4* IFS, 5* IFE or vice versa) should be just perfect. For economy, a total of 8 stars combined should also be perfect.  For legroom, the seat configuration has to be a lot less than the max number of seats of the aircraft in order to max this out. For frequency, flying a lot on one route helps. A frequency of above 20 per week would be good, especially for smaller aircraft like the 737 and A320. Loadfactor is achieved through adjusting the prices, and easily gets 100% if you are willing to lower your prices. I'm not too sure about the time flown, except perhaps it may mean how long you had flown a certain route from the day you opened it. The on-time performance is almost impossible to max out, and it depends on the morale of the crew and and the daily utility of your aircraft. The higher the morale the better, I think. The opposite is true with the daily utility of your aircraft. Route reputaion eats away your profits.
  • Route network size: To max this out, fly to 200 unique destinations.
  • Alliance network bonus: Join an alliance with more than 600 routes and it will be 100% immediately. This is one of the easiest to achieve, provided that you join the right alliance.
  • Employee morale: This depends mainly on how much you pay your employees. If you pay them just the right amount, they will all be dancing and you will have achieved 100% in this area. Also, the more reserves you set, the happier they're supposed to be. You could also share your profits and give them bonuses to increase the morale. This part uses up a bit of your money, just like the route reputation.The morale may have an affect on route reputation.
  • Age of airline: Claims to become 100% when your airline reaches three years of age, but I've reached the 100% mark before I was even two years old.
  • Average fleet age: The younger the average age of your fleet, the closer to 100% it will get. Just continuously replace and upgrade your fleet to keep this one high. Replacing old aircraft can also mean lower maintainance costs, which helps you to earn more.
  • Financial health: This depends on the cash in your bank. If you have negative cash, this part will be 0%, and when you have a lot, this should be 100% easily. If you start to operate with losses instead of gains, the financial health should go down slowly even if you have a lot in your bank (I think). (Anyway, who would like to sit on an airline that may go bankrupt anytime soon?) This is yet another easy one to get 100%.
  • Marketing: This could be described as paying money for reputation. The more you invest in the right area to advertise yourself, the more bonus reputation percentage you will get. It is possible to get more than 15% bonus in this area.

If you add it all up, you would notice that it would be more than 100% (around 120%) if you max everything out. Therefore, you do not need to worry about having every area perfect. Just try to achieve the highest in each area, and definitely get the easy ones down. Also, don't allow reputation to make you operate inefficiently, or you may not just have financial trouble but also be bankrupted entirely, losing all you chances of a 100% reputation and wasting your efforts. :)

Md8XK1m.png

Tc0zSqK.png

bC0X1JS.png

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

Thanks a lot!

That was extremely descriptive and easy to understand!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users