How to Destroy a BluePax Spamliner

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Mr PAG

Mr PAG

Head Admin of SkyRoutes Alliance

• 1,074 posts

User's Awards

The best way is to go on a price war, but only if you can afford to and not till the extent you yourself also can't survive bec the prices are too low.

Transit passangers pay half of the ticket price which is already quite little and lowering the price only makes their operations unfeasable

Mr PAG 

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

The best way is to go on a price war, but only if you can afford to and not till the extent you yourself also can't survive bec the prices are too low.

Transit passangers pay half of the ticket price which is already quite little and lowering the price only makes their operations unfeasable

Doesn't work. You may not understand what is meant by "blue pax spamliner." I can assure that my transfer pax pay more than your O&D pax.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Just operate the route. A Blue Pax spamliner is getting almost no direct traffic, thus is not serving this market. Meaning you can operate entirely normally. Infact, you are creating your own demand so if you slightly underserve you can charge a higher price that is still lower than the O&D passengers on the spamline :P 

namika

namika

*restarting*

• 688 posts

Just operate the route. A Blue Pax spamliner is getting almost no direct traffic, thus is not serving this market. Meaning you can operate entirely normally. Infact, you are creating your own demand so if you slightly underserve you can charge a higher price that is still lower than the O&D passengers on the spamline :P

This is true it works very-well :)

aDarRVC.png

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

This is true it works very-well :)

Where it is true, it doesnot actually work well all the time. Blue pax spamliners employ thousands of seats on the market, whereas an airline serving O&D passengers can maybe only get 600.

zelalemon

zelalemon

immature

• 116 posts

I just got clickbaited on an airline simulator forum. There is no escape.

CLT, BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, ALB, BDL, SYR, HPN, EWN, RDU, PHL, ATL, CVG, MCO, DCA, IAD, BWI, MDW, HOU, DFW, PHX, DEN, BZN, FAT, SAN, LAX, BUR, SBA, SFO, SEA, ANC, KOA, MTJ, MBJ, SXM, CUN, PVR, YVR, SJO, JNB, LLW, LGW

A319, A320, A321, A333, A346, B734, B738, B752, B762, CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E145, E170, E190, DH8B

AWE, AAL, DAL, UAL, SAA, SWA

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

As someone is overeagerly advocating hub spam left and right, others may want to be aware that it doesn't work all the time.

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

I've found that when someone lowers the prices, I have to, for some reason, click save to put my blue pax on the route again. Is there a bug behind this which efficiently destroys blue pax spamliners?

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

I've found that when someone lowers the prices, I have to, for some reason, click save to put my blue pax on the route again. Is there a bug behind this which efficiently destroys blue pax spamliners?

Not really - it just so happens that sometimes some of your seats are filled with green pax and the rest are filled with blue pax.

Thus, when someone lowers their price and the system adjust seat fill among all the airlines on that route, your airline is affected by that.  Hitting save again "recovers" pax, except the seats that were filled by green passengers may now be filled by blue ones instead.

Hitting save is necessary because the system does not refill seats with blue pax automatically.

H2O

H2O

Tired of repetition

• 291 posts

User's Awards

Not really - it just so happens that sometimes some of your seats are filled with green pax and the rest are filled with blue pax.

Thus, when someone lowers their price and the system adjust seat fill among all the airlines on that route, your airline is affected by that.  Hitting save again "recovers" pax, except the seats that were filled by green passengers may now be filled by blue ones instead.

Hitting save is necessary because the system does not refill seats with blue pax automatically.

Oh, fair enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users