Photo

For some reason, millions and millions of dollars are being spended.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

• DC-7 or L-188A. Pick one and order more of that same aircraft if there is no used aircraft available. 

• Start your airline wherever you want. Pick a country that you want and have your HQ in a lower cost airport. E.G. Less than $100,000 per month.

• Open routes from your HQ to other relatively low cost airports until your aircraft is maxed out. 

• Allow 1 day to pass in order to allow the training costs to come off. 

• If you have enough money to order a few of your starting aircraft then great, go for it. If not, take out one or two $5,000,000 bonds then do it. 

• Leave reserve cash. Don't spend all your money on ordering new aircraft. Leave some for additional expenses. 

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

I Am One Of Those Nerds Who Corrects Everyone

• 852 posts

• DC-7 or L-188A. Pick one and order more of that same aircraft if there is no used aircraft available. 

• Start your airline wherever you want. Pick a country that you want and have your HQ in a lower cost airport. E.G. Less than $100,000 per month.

• Open routes from your HQ to other relatively low cost airports until your aircraft is maxed out. 

• Allow 1 day to pass in order to allow the training costs to come off. 

• If you have enough money to order a few of your starting aircraft then great, go for it. If not, take out one or two $5,000,000 bonds then do it. 

• Leave reserve cash. Don't spend all your money on ordering new aircraft. Leave some for additional expenses. 

Okay, so I picked the DC-7, and there are none of those in either the used aircraft market or the new aircraft market. Do I just use that one?

People are stupid.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Yeah, use all the hours it has available on routes. 

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

Oh, yeah, and the airport I started in is too...small...to hold the starting aircraft...uh...

People are stupid.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

If you want NZ start in Christchurch (CHC). Declare bankruptcy and start it again. 

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

If you want NZ start in Christchurch (CHC). Declare bankruptcy and start it again. 

But most of the routes out of there are used up by other airlines, and it's already a hub and HQ for some airlines.

People are stupid.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Then think of somewhere else to start your airline :P

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

IE not New Zealand 

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

IE not New Zealand 

Turns out that I could find two usable routes out of there, and it's making me a total of 56,000 dollars. You said wait a day for training costs to go down?

People are stupid.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Yeah, wait for a day to pass and your cash will drop. 

Then order your aircraft. You are in an awkward situation because the DC7 is out of production so you're going to have to order a different type of A/C.

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

Yeah, wait for a day to pass and your cash will drop. 

Then order your aircraft. You are in an awkward situation because the DC7 is out of production so you're going to have to order a different type of A/C.

Yeah, there isn't even any Douglas aircraft in any markets. Any recommendations?

People are stupid.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

I would suggest taking out 2 $5,000,000 bonds and ordering a few 707-320B. There are quite a few long haul routes out of CHC that have no competition. 

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

I would suggest taking out 2 $5,000,000 bonds and ordering a few 707-320B. There are quite a few long haul routes out of CHC that have no competition. 

I will do that, as it's a good suggestion, but that will take up to six weeks in game to come over. Anything that I could do to help my chances while I wait?

People are stupid.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

In the mean time, make a scam IFS config. (Charge full price for crappy food). Add that to your routes to boost profits. 

Once your airline is established you can put better service on. 

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

In the mean time, make a scam IFS config. (Charge full price for crappy food). Add that to your routes to boost profits. 

Once your airline is established you can put better service on. 

Yep, sounds good.

Do I lease or buy the 707?

People are stupid.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Lease. 

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Would also recommend re-configuring your DC7 in 2F 10C 79Y.

Increase the prices charged for each class on your current routes as much as you can whilst maintaining 100% load factor. 

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

Would also recommend re-configuring your DC7 in 2F 10C 79Y.

Increase the prices charged for each class on your current routes as much as you can whilst maintaining 100% load factor. 

Done all that. Guess it's just the test of time now.

People are stupid.

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

Done all that. Guess it's just the test of time now.

Wait..I just realized that I'm losing so much money that by the next day, I'll be in the red. 10 million dollars in expenses?

People are stupid.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Increase your prices on CHC-PER. They are default prices, you can charge more, especially in business and first class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users