Airline Enterprise - Public Beta

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Captain Krunch

Captain Krunch

AE Addict To-Be

• 24 posts

Hi everyone,

Over the past year, I have been working on a new web-based, online airline management game called Airline Enterprise. About a month ago, the game entered public beta and is currently open to the public for testing. I'd like to extend an invitation for anyone who is interested to try out the game and assist with development. In order to progress the game further we need to do more large-scale testing, which is difficult with only 44 members.

A little about me/history of the project:

A few of you may know me as Unknown98 from other games, most notably Cyber Airlines which is now defunct. This project started as a response to the shutdown of that game but quickly evolved into something much more.

I feel like there are two major points that make Airline Enterprise different from most other airline games:

1. The game is in real-time. This slows down gameplay a bit and allows for finer control of all aspects of the airline.
  2. Routes are not limited to hub and spoke style; You have more creative control over the routes you fly. 

Of course, depending on your style of gameplay the real-time aspect could be viewed as a pro or a con. But ultimately I think it gets players more involved in the day-to-day life of their airline. It can also be beneficial for people who may not have as much free time on their hands.

Here are a few screenshots of the game:

Airports Map:

r9uRV2g.jpg

Route Creation:

gQ7PrvM.jpg

Flight Tracker:

omDrc4I.jpg

By no means is the game finished. There are still a lot of things I want to add before ending the public beta stage and officially launching the game. I have a to-do list posted on the forums which you can check out if you'd like. 

You can check out the game here - http://www.airlineenterprise.com

Additionally, I'd like to thank Yuxi for having this section of the forum and allowing small projects like this a way of making themselves visible to a greater audience. 

Again, anyone is welcome to join and try out the game, give suggestions, report bugs and so on. If anyone has any questions, ask away :)

Posted Image

Ejki

Ejki

AE Player

• 51 posts
Sounds interesting

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
I think real time is pretty stupid and ultimately I found Cyber Airlines somehow more time consuming with less airline growth because of it

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Mr PAG

Mr PAG

Head Admin of SkyRoutes Alliance

• 1,074 posts

User's Awards

Just tried and its looks great!!

If possible do try to allow airlines to assign specific fligjt numbers for a specific flight departing at that particular time (like real-world airlines)

Mr PAG 

Captain Krunch

Captain Krunch

AE Addict To-Be

• 24 posts

I think real time is pretty stupid and ultimately I found Cyber Airlines somehow more time consuming with less airline growth because of it

Fair enough. I knew going into it that real-time would deter some people from playing. However I wanted to create a new game, while trying not to copy the elements of other games.

Just tried and its looks great!!

If possible do try to allow airlines to assign specific fligjt numbers for a specific flight departing at that particular time (like real-world airlines)

Yep that is on my to-do list, the goal eventually is to allow demand to fluctuate based on time of day and level of competition throughout the day. That would work in conjunction with different flight numbers (and thus different ticket prices) for flights during different times of the day.

Posted Image

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

"New" does not always mean "better", which is a tragic mistake a lot of people make.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

palmertae

palmertae

• 7 posts

User's Awards

Sounds interesting, going to check it out!

Boing the Ostrich

Boing the Ostrich

AE's Arab Bird

• 946 posts

User's Awards

The quick flight thing is confusing.. I cant get my leased aircraft off of its base..

Do I have to lease a per-use gate and then fly it out? 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts:

-Very interesting, got a lot of features I wish we had here (Flight numbers, choosing departure time, stops, types of leasing for gates and stuff)

-Has a few bumps, I feel like the layout of stuff could be more intuitive (that's for later)

-I completely agree with Stev, using real-time is a deal breaker for me. 

More feedback later.

AXUbLwK.pngDWA_Sig_3_8.png

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

1. Would be good if registration isn't required. At least only once instead of additional registration for forum.

2. Let user specify time to wait between multi-leg flights rather than local departure time. That way, you don;t have cross day boundary problem and no additional checks necessary.

3. Too many classes, what happen if you don't allocated Y+ and Y++ seats? Potential passengers .just won't board your flights? See http://www.airline-e...configurations/

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

Real time. Ok, I'll wait 5 years for my dreamliners to be delivered. How fun. XD

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

Obiwan5921

Obiwan5921

• 6 posts
I think the game is rather cool, however I agree with others that it may be slightly time consuming. I love the timetables at the airports, but I would think it would be cool if their were more game worlds in the game.

Captain Krunch

Captain Krunch

AE Addict To-Be

• 24 posts

1. Would be good if registration isn't required. At least only once instead of additional registration for forum.

2. Let user specify time to wait between multi-leg flights rather than local departure time. That way, you don;t have cross day boundary problem and no additional checks necessary.

3. Too many classes, what happen if you don't allocated Y+ and Y++ seats? Potential passengers .just won't board your flights? See http://www.airline-e...configurations/

Regarding the passengers, it's still a work-in-progress as I continue to add more things such as IFE/IFS and the like. It is possible to have passengers move between classes but only if the price is low enough. I'll have to take a better look at that graph you posted, seems like an excellent way to distribute the passengers in a more realistic matter than what I'm doing now.

Real time. Ok, I'll wait 5 years for my dreamliners to be delivered. How fun. XD

Well, not everything is real-time. Yes the flights are flown in real-time however things like ordering aircraft and maintenance checks (once implemented) will be accelerated. There does have to be some balance there, otherwise it just wouldn't be fun.

Posted Image

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I am in the game now. From preliminary looks, I find that the interface is somewhat confusing, maybe that's because of the beta. I don't really see a difference between assigning a flight number and assigning a route. 

wgOP4y0.jpg

A220

A220

A220 ftw

• 327 posts

If it isn't real time then it is a very interesting game

BV6atB1.jpg

David Schneider

David Schneider

Chief Executive Officer

• 23 posts

User's Awards

I think the concept and the system is well-planned but the interface will need to be cleaner and simpler. I like it :D

zahrul3

zahrul3

AE Player

• 36 posts

I don't like that you have to literally do the flights manually which is why AE still exists while Cyber Airlines is defunct. Maybe a feature to automate flights could be good so people dont have to play obsessively or be forced into doing purely long haul flights from one obscure destination to another like in Cyber Airlines

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I have been working on a new web-based, online airline management game

He says posting on AE...Why bother.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

He says posting on AE...Why bother.

Because the last time AE refused a feature update was in 1933

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts
It has everything we wish AE had, but is tricky at first, very tricky.

BV6atB1.jpg

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Is Better

• 714 posts

I love the reg and name things on plane :P I wish Ae had that but I dont like the flight time thing

Seve_Banner.png

Founder__CEO.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users