Photo

How much should I add on my ticket prices?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

I never raised my tickets just let it be on the default one... But I'm thinking of making more money so how much should I add to the default ticket prices? Should it be 5-10%?

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

I'd tend to leave things at the default price for simplicity and convenience (having a high price begs for someone to come along and undercut you). Some people massively increase the ticket price at the start of the world e.g. they put 50 seats on a route with 500 demand and hyper inflate the price but it's not something I've ever bought into because it'd require going back to that route later on in the world when someone undercuts and I lose all revenue (what I'm saying is, I'm not sure how exactly it works).

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

I never raised my tickets just let it be on the default one... But I'm thinking of making more money so how much should I add to the default ticket prices? Should it be 5-10%?

Just make sure the F and C seats are "worth it", no matter what the price

e.g. F 800 C 600 Y 500 in a 3 class config will probably make less profit than all Y.

F 2150 C 1050 Y 500 can be better.

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

I'd tend to leave things at the default price for simplicity and convenience (having a high price begs for someone to come along and undercut you). Some people massively increase the ticket price at the start of the world e.g. they put 50 seats on a route with 500 demand and hyper inflate the price but it's not something I've ever bought into because it'd require going back to that route later on in the world when someone undercuts and I lose all revenue (what I'm saying is, I'm not sure how exactly it works).

I see... Thanks for replying tho :)

Just make sure the F and C seats are "worth it", no matter what the price

e.g. F 800 C 600 Y 500 in a 3 class config will probably make less profit than all Y.

F 2150 C 1050 Y 500 can be better.

Great tip! Thanks. I will give it a try :)

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
Raise the prices as high as you want as long as they are all green.

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

i'm just wondering how somebody can be here a whole year and never have explored ticket pricing. and

then again, why bother even asking when they don't even run an airline......

but then again, i never thought it would be possible to explore and learn how to change the seating before

learning how to change prices.

and then when I hear you never changed the default price...... that's just so insane to believe...you would have

to be the luckiest player alive to have never opened a route with less then 50 percent filled. and still be able to

make enough money to get more planes and open routes.... and, and, and, ahhhhh

now, I don't recognize marb there. but that's just a bad answer.

Denver and Michael there. there all around the threads.

but as far as the thread question goes...... denvers answer is the more reasonable one....

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

i'm just wondering how somebody can be here a whole year and never have explored ticket pricing. and

then again, why bother even asking when they don't even run an airline......

but then again, i never thought it would be possible to explore and learn how to change the seating before

learning how to change prices.

and then when I hear you never changed the default price...... that's just so insane to believe...you would have

to be the luckiest player alive to have never opened a route with less then 50 percent filled. and still be able to

make enough money to get more planes and open routes.... and, and, and, ahhhhh

now, I don't recognize marb there. but that's just a bad answer.

Denver and Michael there. there all around the threads.

but as far as the thread question goes...... denvers answer is the more reasonable one....

Because I said I only kept the prices at the default ones? And also just because I don't run an airline doesn't mean I don't have the rights to ask anymore.

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

wow ? I don't think I ever implied you were allowed or not to do your thing. i'm

in awe that you would the question.....

but anyhow, what did you come up with ? are you going 5 percent ? ten percent ? the passive kind of

thing Michael has going ? or the Denver solution ?

i'm just curious .......

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

wow ? I don't think I ever implied you were allowed or not to do your thing. i'm

in awe that you would the question.....

but anyhow, what did you come up with ? are you going 5 percent ? ten percent ? the passive kind of

thing Michael has going ? or the Denver solution ?

i'm just curious .......

Both? Well sorry, It sounded like you are implying.

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

the passive kind of

thing Michael has going ?

I don't have anything going, it's just something I've encountered quite a lot at the beginning of worlds. I've no idea how reliable it is but it does require maintenance because sooner or later, you will be undercut and lose all revenue on the route.

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

My advice: $0.

Some airline called UltAirUS in my world jacks up prices to the max and forgets about them after, which is why I always go after their routes. Even with about 200-1300 seats I usually get 96-100% market share depending on how much the price is inflated.

siggie3.png

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

I always go after their routes.

I wonder what it takes to make you realize that's the biggest mistake.

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

Nothing; so far I'm making money and said airline is so huge it's not even bothering.

siggie3.png

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

Nothing; so far I'm making money and said airline is so huge it's not even bothering.

All due respect, iquit has a point. Secondly, your airline is barely inside the top twenty despite having a far lower reputation than many airlines above it. However, you may have joined late so I may yet stand corrected!

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

Wait a second...

I'M SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME

siggie3.png

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Don't be, it's a free game after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users