Photo

On Time Performance OTP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Konstantinos

Konstantinos

• 9 posts

User's Awards

I have tried everything I can possibly think about to improve my OTP and the bloody bar remains always yellow......Is anyone who can help or have tips about this?? Thanks!

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

I believe employee morale is a factor, as well as the number of hours flown by the aircraft on the route. Can anyone else enlighten me as to what the remaining factors are?

Abhorsen

Abhorsen

• 60 posts

User's Awards

I think total departures/arrivals from airports at either end of the route affect it, which means on routes like LHR-JFK it'd be impossible to get a good rating since lots of flights operate out of these airports.

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
Consider if I have an 321 with 20 hours utilisation. It would be more or less bit difficult for the aircraft to reach on time considering it's very very busy schedule. So I would instead take a 321 with 14 hours of utilisation it easy for it to meet its daily Sechuldle because it's not very very busy all day and it is not working on all the 20 hours daily. This gives time for a smooth journey. Your employees morale, Weekly Frequency and I think IFE AND IFS count a bit.

That's all I know :)

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

On time performance is based solely on employee morale and aircraft utilisation.

Aim for between 60 and 70 hours of utilisation/week for a short-medium haul aircraft and up to around 80 hours/week for long haul.
Those hours along with 90%+ employee morale will give you 90%+ on time performance.

The higher your employee morale is the more hours you can use (to an extent) and still have a good rating.

Airport congestion, as far as I'm aware, does not factor in. I have an airline based in Edinburgh (single runway airport and 10 mil passengers/ year) that is now at 60+ million passengers a year. That airline has nearly 100% OTP yet the airport is 6 times over capacity.

Frequencies have no impact so long as your aircraft remain within the hours of utilisation specified above. IFE/IFS also doesn't have any effect on OTP as far as I'm aware (I haven't asked a dev but I really can't see why it would).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users