• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Zach21GF

Zach21GF

AE Player

• 63 posts

User's Awards

3    6   

So, for what I could see something similar has been proposed earlier, but I couldn’t find a proposal with the mechanic I am proposing.

So to make my proposal possible there would need to be a parent/subsidiary option, this could just be made possible for a player with multiple airlines in a given world.
But the proposal itself is that a player will be able to transfer aircraft or lease contracts (in this instance a small price would be paid to the lease company for the transfer). Now, I know that for most this would be utterly useless except for spamlines, but hopefully by the time AE4 comes around money doesn’t come around that easily. 😊 But it is also to make more difficult locations more attractable, it would give a subsidiary airline one more chance to become profitable if it is operating under heavy competition, it could make it feasible to operate out from remote locations like Greenland. I am aware of the threat of spamlines, this would make it a lot easier to make them, but I am hoping if this gets implemented, it would probably be with AE4, which to my understanding makes making money a fair bit harder, and with that I think this would work well.

Constructive criticism is welcome. If this specifically has been proposed earlier, my apologies.

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

It has all been posted before but you're correct in that mainly spamlines will benefit. As you say, the game should be slightly more difficult come AE4 and perhaps in such a context, spamlines will not be so prominent.

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

all I can say is, if there is ever a time were it will be as easy as just making a second and third airline in a world that

lets a player give planes away from one airline to another, regardless transaction fees. I will build 60 airlines an

hour for the whole duration of the game just to see how many planes I could get. and then around 5 years in. i'll start

doing the energy drinks just to make sure I'm there when the boat loads of planes hit the market so I can buy all them to.

then, around the 10 year mark as all available airports and possible routes are all made and used up....

i'll then come back here to the forum to see everybody and their brother screaming how they need more airports. slots and

gates because like the 20 minute 30 year worlds now. every things tied up in the first 8 years of the game with 22 more

years to go......

yaaaa'. . . . . . . . . . noooooooo....  that world would be the game from hell....

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

sim

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Support. This would be nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users