Is All Y-Class Really The Best?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

I've reached the point of the rankings where the distances between 25 and 26 are as great as between 111 and 147. And as I climb my way on the rungs to dominating the U.S, I've been told using F and C are simply unprofitable, and from my Route Finance tab I've noticed that Y simply dominates them.

But should I really convert all my planes to fill all economy in the densest way possible? Will this even more accelerate my growth and land me with a trophy reminding me of my accomplishment?

siggie3.png

Abhorsen

Abhorsen

• 60 posts

User's Awards

It depends on your strategy. If you are going for connecting pax with prices raised above default (which is arguably the best strategy for a valuation-competitive airline) then it is, because you can get away with a price increase much higher for Y seats than F or C, as a proportion of the base fare.

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

It depends on your strategy. If you are going for connecting pax with prices raised above default (which is arguably the best strategy for a valuation-competitive airline) then it is, because you can get away with a price increase much higher for Y seats than F or C, as a proportion of the base fare.

Sshh! Keep the magic a secret!

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

I've reached the point of the rankings where the distances between 25 and 26 are as great as between 111 and 147. And as I climb my way on the rungs to dominating the U.S, I've been told using F and C are simply unprofitable, and from my Route Finance tab I've noticed that Y simply dominates them.

F and C are very profitable and often serve as insurance if an all-Y carrier undercuts you etc.  However, Y is by far the most profitable if used correctly. However, most do not know how to use it correctly.

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
All Y is good for domestic and short haul.

Consider F and C for Long Haul.

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

F and C are very profitable and often serve as insurance if an all-Y carrier undercuts you etc.  However, Y is by far the most profitable if used correctly. However, most do not know how to use it correctly.

What about all C and Y?

siggie3.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

What about all C and Y?

2 class. Yep. That definitely works. But it makes pricing much harder

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

What about all C and Y?

No. Y alone is always the best. If one has the correct approach using an all-Y configuration, a single C seat could ruin it.

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

Final request from me is an overview of the airline in which I want to apply this to.

http://ae31.airline-...e3ra&player=593

(and before you ask, everything is crappy on purpose; this is sort of a troll airline)

siggie3.png

Abhorsen

Abhorsen

• 60 posts

User's Awards

The only problem with it that jumps out at me when looking at it from a profitability perspective is that you have a couple of aircraft families where you don't have many aircraft. I'd suggest either keeping the orders going for them or phasing them out in favour of aircraft you already use in larger quantities (depends on your goal for the airline). That being said, it's not a big issue by any means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users