Photo

Your Inclusive Guide to the Forum Alliances!

* * - - - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Alliances poll (17 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite active forum alliance?

1. Excel Alliance (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Globe Alliance (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Dynasty World Alliance (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

4. SkyRoutes (0 votes [0.00%])

5. National (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

6. Jetstream Alliance (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

7. Voted The SkyWorld Alliance (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

8. Azure (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Golden (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Sunset Alliance (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Universal Alliance (5 votes [29.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

After reading this topic, if you were to try to join an alliance, which would you choose?

1. Excel Alliance (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Globe Alliance (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

3. Dynasty World Alliance (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

4. SkyRoutes (3 votes [17.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

5. National (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

6. Jetstream Alliance (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

7. Voted The SkyWorld Alliance (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

8. Azure (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

9. Golden (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Sunset Alliance (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Universal Alliance (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

*I'll make this as unbiased as I can. Sometimes it's hard to, but I'm gonna try.*

As of March 2017, there are 11 active forum alliances with subforums. They will be listed below with their leaders and descriptions, but first, please read some of the posts here, they are very helpful to the question of what a forum alliance is.

Excel Alliance- This alliance is led by Agre and Steve. It has been around since January of 2012. The alliance appears, from applications, to be more of a member-based reputation-based alliance. From what I've seen, the people who were accepted into the alliance were more popular and have a higher forum reputation (Oggey, Tintinfan, etc). I'd suggest applying if you are a higher-up player with experience.

Globe Alliance- This alliance is led by Frdm920 (I think) and/or Tintinfan (according to this post). It has been around since January of 2012 (at least). The alliance is a lot like Excel Alliance in it's membership, you will see a lot of well-known well-respected players within the ranks, but not a lot of other people. If you are well-known and well-respected, this would be a good alliance to apply to.

Dynasty World Alliance- This alliance is led by Brad. The current DWA has been around since 2015 (like Brad). DWA was an alliance before 2015, starting in 2012. It fell inactive until 2015, when it was reintroduced by Brad. This alliance attracts a lot of big-name players, like Med and Zipp. Once again, if you are a more well-known player, this is a good alliance to apply to.

SkyRoutes- This alliance is led by PAG. It has been around since September of 2014. SkyRoutes is a very innovative alliance, being the first alliance (as far as I know) to have a website. SkyRoutes has been ahead of the pack and revolutionized the alliance world. This alliance is a more accepting alliance, and will seriously consider every player. They judge based on your airline and forum presence, but not like Excel, Globe, or DWA. They look to see if the player has caused problems in the past, not whether they're a big name player. SkyRoutes has received a bit of criticism for being so accepting, but I think this is a great first alliance for players.

National- This alliance is led by Denver. It has been around since 2016. National is an invitation-based alliance, so don't expect to apply and be accepted without an invitation. However, many of these applications seem to be targeted to people who have rather decent galleries, so I'd recommend National if you can make liveries and run airlines.

Jetstream Alliance- This alliance is led by bAnderson (me!). It has been around since January of 2015. Jetstream is the first alliance exclusively for low cost carriers. Jetstream started out as a function of SkyRoutes, until it was mutually decided that Jetstream and SkyRoutes were essentially two different alliances. Jetstream has been heavily influenced by SkyRoutes in both applications, day-to-day operations, and presence. Jetstream briefly opened a new alliance for new players to learn and develop. This offer is still open if you see this, I could reopen Gulfstream rather quickly. I'd recommend this alliance to new players and those who run low-cost airlines.

The SkyWorld Alliance- This alliance is led by Tom. It has been around since December of 2016. SkyWorld is one of the newest alliances in the game. SkyWorld is also an innovative alliance, being one of the first alliances to accept designer applications and also having a Slack chat for the alliance members. This alliance is a good choice for newer players and designers.

Azure- This alliance is led by Zipp. Azure is probably most famous for it's brand presence and it's Azure awards, of which I won several in 2016  ;) . This alliance is much like DWA, Excel, and Globe, as it is more for well-known and well-respected members of AE. 

Golden- This alliance is led by Denver. It's been around for a few years. There are currently 2 topics in the entire forum, which means it must have been cleaned by Denver sometime. Golden and National can be considered Sister Alliances, so much is the same for them.

Sunset Alliance- This alliance is led by Max78. It has been around since October 2016. I really don't know much about it, but I'd suggest applying if you are interested in it!

Universal Alliance- This alliance is led by Wego. It has been around since January 2017. I believe that Universal is the newest alliance in AE, but it is a rather large and busy alliance. In just 3 months they've had well over 500 replies to topics. Universal is for real-world airlines only. A player requesting to join this alliance would need to have an in-depth knowledge of a real-world airline and be able to make it as realistically as possible in the game itself.

Well, there it is. Your most in-depth alliance guide. Thanks for reading, and make sure to vote on the polls!

Edited by bAnderson, 19 July 2017 - 02:22 PM.

wgOP4y0.jpg

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I do not see an option for "other" in the poll.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I do not see an option for "other" in the poll.

There aren't "other" active forum alliances.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I am not qualified to vote in the poll. But this is pretty good stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users