GUIDE: Hubs and it's uses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
Hello AE Members,

Today I'm gonna write about Hubs and their uses and I hope this would be as useful as you expected it to be, before I go inactive I plan to create resources for new AE Members to use, so this is the start of it. :)

What Are Hubs?

Just like real life airlines, Airline Empires allows Airlines to set up Hubs within the country of origin. To set up a Hub, you must first have 5 or more gate at the airport you want to start one at.

Ex- London Air an airline based in The United Kingdom builds a hub at Birmingham Airport even thought their based in London Heathrow Airport. This is because they are allowed to start up hubs in any airport they want within the country of origin provided they first own 5 or more gates in that Airport.

How are Hubs useful?

Hubs provide connecting passengers, these passengers are additional passengers which have come from other flights. These passengers help Airlines fill up those 90% load flights with 10% connecting passengers. It's vital to have these connecting passengers in AE because they help in filling up seats on flights with a pretty less load factor.

Example- London Air starts up the Birmingham-Dubai route, the daily passengers fill up only 89% of the load factor but thanks to the Hub at Birmingham, passengers from the Austria-Birmingham flight can now connect throught Birmingham onwards to Dubai. Although we don't know which passengers connected from which flights I have just given an example of the flights they might have connected from.

Hubs, Costs etc?

Hubs? Yes, they have costs because you need to train your airline staff to help connect these vital passengers to their onward flights so there are start up costs to setting up a Hub.

Costs depend always. Maybe I might have to pay more at Heathrow than at Colombo but it's not always the same.

When is the best time to start a Hub?

It depends on you to be frank. If you are going good with the a growing Daily Operational Profit and also have a good amount of airports to fly to etc. Than I would suggest you start a hub somewhere when you have 25 Million+ in cash. It depends but 25 Million + should be a safe number.

I hope I have answered most of the New AE Member's Questions which might arise. In case you have any more questions, feel free to PM me directly, and I shall be happy to help.

This is a guide published by Denver Correia, suggestions and Thanks are appreciated.

Best,
Denver.
Founder of National and Golden Alliance

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Hubs and their uses*

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users