Photo

What's the point?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ejki

Ejki

AE Player

• 51 posts
I see the 777-300ER and I see that it has loads of orders but it really confused me as when I compare it to the 777-300, the 777-300 is way better. It can fly further which defeats the point of the er more efficiently and quicker. I was wondering if anyone knew why loads of people still use it.

Abhorsen

Abhorsen

• 60 posts

User's Awards

Same reason people use the Boeing 737-900 I guess. Worse stats across the board than a different aircraft in the family, more expensive, but the ER (and the -900 vs -800) make them sound fancy, so people who don't look at stats just assume they're better.

In some cases it could just be personal preference, or realism if they're operating a real world airline that only uses the -300ER variant.

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Perhaps it might be fuel flow or speed, or runway length needed.

Anyway, disregard the user above. He's been attempting to make all new users to the site feel unwelcome for a long long time now. (edit it's been deleted)

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

Abhorsen

Abhorsen

• 60 posts

User's Awards

Perhaps it might be fuel flow or speed, or runway length needed.

With either of the engine options on the 777-300ER you can find an option that has better stats across all categories, and cheaper, on the 777-300.

Because **** you mind your own business that's why

I agree with Eddie, is this really necessary? Ejkl was simply asking a question about the game, which is exactly what the forums are for. This is an excellent way to scare users away from ever posting on forums again.

Ejki

Ejki

AE Player

• 51 posts
Oh ok thanks.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

LOL, I think @Stevphfeniey blocked me, I can't see his comment.

By the way, the range used on this game are the range of the airplane with limited payloads. Since the plane on this game only carry passengers and their baggages - The Cargo. It means the range is greater than it is in real life since the plane wouldn't be hitting it's MTOW.

In real life, With full passengers, full bags, and full cargo. B777-300ER could probably fly around 6000 miles to 6500 miles (depends on weather and volume of cargo, etc.) at MTOW.

The reason why these two have the same range is because the game ignore the increased payload on ER. Which make the range similar to each other. The moment you put the cargo in then the range would drop significantly. 

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

LOL, I think @Stevphfeniey blocked me, I can't see his comment.

By the way, the range used on this game are the range of the airplane with limited payloads. Since the plane on this game only carry passengers and their baggages - The Cargo. It means the range is greater than it is in real life since the plane wouldn't be hitting it's MTOW.

In real life, With full passengers, full bags, and full cargo. B777-300ER could probably fly around 6000 miles to 6500 miles (depends on weather and volume of cargo, etc.) at MTOW.

The reason why these two have the same range is because the game ignore the increased payload on ER. Which make the range similar to each other. The moment you put the cargo in then the range would drop significantly. 

Nope, thankfully his comment was deleted.

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

Anyway, disregard the user above. He's been attempting to make all new users to the site feel unwelcome for a long long time now. (edit it's been deleted)

Steve is far more knowledgeable than just about anyone here and perhaps regarded this as a silly question. Not saying he was right or wrong but personally, I (and so many others) find it irritating when silly questions are asked and perhaps for Steve, this question also fell into that category. I'm just offering a possible explanation

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Steve is far more knowledgeable than just about anyone here and perhaps regarded this as a silly question. Not saying he was right or wrong but personally, I (and so many others) find it irritating when silly questions are asked and perhaps for Steve, this question also fell into that category. I'm just offering a possible explanation

To be honest, this questions is far from silly. Since aircraft range is extremely different compared to what they actually advertised by Both Airbus or Boeing in real life. It doesn't really help too when the game doesn't support cargo which make the range of some aircrafts go up.

Appassionata

Appassionata

AE Player

• 42 posts

User's Awards

2    4    2      

777-300 non-ERs used to have range of around 5,500 miles before update and it looks like the data got mixed up with 777-300ERs during update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users