Proper route demand

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

iMarkeh

iMarkeh

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts

There are pages which show the busiest routes (Like here: https://en.wikipedia...ger_air_routes)and this should be reflected in game. This says that the London - JFK demand is around 8 thousand people PER DAY roughly where as the game says demand is around 1200. I just think that little more realism like where route numbers are available (without doing literally every airport. Just like the main ones for example Heathrow, Charles De Galle, JFK, Atlanta, Bejing and so on or in the link above it gives the 2 airports) they should be in game. It would be really fun trying to get 8000 people per day from A to B. 

Before I get spammed with 'use the search function', I did and nothing came back for this category but thanks for the advice!!!!

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Agreed.

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

There have been topics before but none that offered any solution. I agree with your point

rustupid2

rustupid2

A Guy Who Does Stuff

• 138 posts

Although you are probably right in saying that it needs to be changed, you have to bear in mind that the demand given by AE is the demand for just that route. It doesn't include connecting passengers, and a lot of people who fly LHR - JFk will end up connecting to another flight. I am not sure how well that is represented in the game but just something that has to be considered too.

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
Plus the fact the number of route pairings that would have to be updated manually would be stupendous and take years as no algorythm could ever get it right with all the anomolies and fluctuations. I think the game has a happy balance.

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

There are pages which show the busiest routes (Like here: https://en.wikipedia...ger_air_routes)and this should be reflected in game. This says that the London - JFK demand is around 8 thousand people PER DAY roughly where as the game says demand is around 1200.

Keep in mind that the stated daily demand of 1200 is for the green  (ie, full-fare) passengers only. Perhaps the remainder of the passengers would be the half-fare-price CONNECTING passengers.  So maybe - just maybe - you can happily put enough seats on the routes, i.e. you simply fly 8000 seats, 1200 filled with full-fare passengers, the remainder filled with the stand-by (or bumped) passengers paying half-price..

Also noteworthy is that in this game the London - JFK route's daily demand also has C- and F-class passengers.  Convert each C-  and each F-class passenger to the equivalent economy passenger count and add that amount to the total.  Perhaps that might explain part or most of the gap between your 8000 figure and the 1200 stated economy passenger figure.  Or it might not.

Or perhaps a combination of the above  2 possible explanations is at work.

One final idea - have you considered the fact that maybe in the starting year, 1200 daily was the correct total figure in the first place.  

You might mistakenly be using 2016 figures for the year in question. 

The point is this - someone will always be able to claim rightly or wrongly that some daily demand figure is right or wrong.  

I recommend that you just play the game as-is and simply accept the figures for what they are -  rough estimates and nothing more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users