Trip Time Calculator V3 is out!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
Now including a round-trip route checker to verify whether an aircraft can fly a round-trip... Questions, comments, and usage information appreciated and welcomed.

Trip Time Calculator V3

Enjoy,
737MMA

CondorFlight

CondorFlight

• 86 posts
Thank you very much! I love V3 even better.

On a sidenote, a 747-400D will not do roundtrip for ORD-MAD even though your sheet says it can.
Posted Image
Posted Image

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
Interesting, both the round-trip checking sheet and the standard sheets say it should be able to do it with .2 hours left. The distance I calculate is actually a few miles more than what the database calculates, so my numbers should be more conservative than the database's. The standard sheet have been proven accurate time and time again. Don't know what to tell you condor.

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

• 241 posts
This is a great utility and I've been using it for awhile, love it, and I'll be getting the new version.

However, I have to comment that the values seem off. Alot of times your sheet will say that an aircraft can do a certain route or group of routes with up to .5 to spare and it won't work when I go to create the route in AE. Any idea why?

keep up the great work!
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Thank you very much! I love V3 even better.

On a sidenote, a 747-400D will not do roundtrip for ORD-MAD even though your sheet says it can.

Could it be the actual airframe you have as there is a choice of 3 x 747-400D's in AE - I placed Distance on each one below:)

4 General Electric CF6-80C2B1F 58,000 9,790 73,312 $166,400,000 Distance: 6,195 488 knots 5,725
4 United Technologies PW4056 56,750 9,213 81,493 $168,000,000 Distance: 6,253 490 knots 5,850
4 United Technologies PW4060 60,000 9,213 87,600 $168,480,000 Distance: 6,315 494 knots 5,525

101ironeagle

101ironeagle

• 16 posts
small question:

How does the Aircraft <100 pax etc page work? (I know how to work with the roundtrip page)

thanks
Airline: Viper Sting Airlines

Fleet:
:airplane 1x Beech 1900d

Pending Orders:
None.

"Viper Sting airlines is the sound of the future"

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

small question:

How does the Aircraft <100 pax etc page work? (I know how to work with the roundtrip page)

thanks

4 routes etc etc ...
Posted Image

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Sorry to open up an old topic, but...

I've found that on the sheet, the jet has to have at least 1 hour to spare in order to be able to fly the route. I don't know if thats a hard and fast rule, I have yet to experiment with it.

Can I suggest a feature? Maybe allow the user to select a minimum/maximum distance on the round trip page and the sheet will only show airports within that distance range, say if you want to know which routes an A330 can do to airports that are more than 3600 miles from a particular airport...

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Sorry to open up an old topic, but...

I've found that on the sheet, the jet has to have at least 1 hour to spare in order to be able to fly the route. I don't know if thats a hard and fast rule, I have yet to experiment with it.

Can I suggest a feature? Maybe allow the user to select a minimum/maximum distance on the round trip page and the sheet will only show airports within that distance range, say if you want to know which routes an A330 can do to airports that are more than 3600 miles from a particular airport...

Not sure what you mean exactly but on the sheet "Round Trip Checker" it does exactly that?
Posted Image

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
The 1 hour-to-spare thing is on the aircraft comparison pages. I've noticed in the past that if the jet has 0.5 hours to spare, it won't do the route but if I do it in such a way that the sheet says that the aircraft has 1 hour to spare, the jet flies the route just fine...maybe something to experiment with...

It's probably something in the math thats wrong. One little error can blow the whole thing over lol

gta95

gta95

• 28 posts
Sorry to bump but can anyone rehost this?
Philadelphia Wings, anywhere you want to be.

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
It's not working for me. Can you do something to fix that?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Try searching next time
Posted Image

nanoha

nanoha

• Validating
  • 5 posts
  • WLM ID:nanoha@nanoha.kr
oh, i can't download it;;
no one who send me my email?
Posted ImageSim1 : NanoAir (finding alliance now)
Posted ImageSim2 : KOREAN AIR with TEAM HG

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Same*here. i've*got*a*Mac*and*it*won't*work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users