Photo

Small World 1950-2025

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

j_liquidOx

j_liquidOx

• 3 posts

I love playing from the early days all of the way into the future, but with 300 airlines all operating huge planes, things get too chaotic and it just feels impossible to set up a new route after the mid-1970's. Maybe a small world with a long time scale with 5min or 10min days would be ideal to chill and would feel more realistic. 

P.S. I know there are more than 300 airlines in the real world, but having 300 United/BritishAirways/AirFrance sized airlines is a bit much... 

"I'm not a paranoid deranged millionaire. Goddammit, I'm a billionaire."

DeltaIVSSBN

DeltaIVSSBN

Project 667BDRM

• 213 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
I agree, that would be nice to play in and you dont have millions of pan ams competing against you.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I'm up for it. Literally please **** me.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

ffxxmz

ffxxmz

Air Galicia's CEO and future pilot

• 254 posts
I vote definitely yes

RmzvjWC.jpg

Melodique

Melodique

Mcdonnell-Douglas is life

• 263 posts

Love the Idea +1

Clarion#3

Clarion#3

• 2 posts
+1

ed.constantin

ed.constantin

get.scammed

• 7 posts

User's Awards

4       2   

+1

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

Speaking as a frontrunner airline with extensive experience utilizing very large fleets, in order to make this kind of world a go, you would need to a) eliminate leasing (a la S2 world), b ) take loans off the table, and c) allow each airline to construct only to a maximum of 33 hubs at each airport within their home country.

In this way, you would prevent rapid development, prevent leveraged starts, and force airliners to branch out wide if they hope to gain volume.  The conjunction of those 3 factors would slow spamliners the most, as they leverage loans at the outset to gain a jump start,  Take advantage of the bulk ordering to acquire many planes quickly, and build terminals and hubs at numerous airports and massively interconnect them so that they can gain hundreds of thousands of connecting passengers at every airport over time.

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
The yyyyyeeeesssss for this

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

WAZZ

WAZZ

Fan of being inactive

• 298 posts
  • Skype Name:wazzupyoshi

User's Awards

+100000000000

Discord: Farko#3900 lolbanned

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

I'm guessing that at year 74, the number 1 and 2 airline would be pushing something like

..$1,000,000,000,000,000,000 give or take an extra 9 zero's....... valuation

I'd like to play a 100 player world that last 75 years with 5 minute days..... I would even

play it as a no leasing world to.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users