• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

Hi guys,

Just one question, how to build a spamliner?

Thanks

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

Hanjin Globe

Hanjin Globe

HANJIN Global, Hanjin KAL

• 55 posts
Spamliner.... a new generation of LCC?

jmfsam

jmfsam

to be or not to be

• 321 posts

low ife, outrageous prices ($1 Y on DCA-JFK, LAX-PDX etc), 1000+ planes (add a mix of Boeing, Airbus & Tupolev jets), be based in a country with a high amount of PAX (UK, US, China, Brazil etc.), have more than 17 hours of Util & have 1000x daily flights on a route.

just please, stop killing the realistic carriers, it's no fun

vZe8iFx.png

1kZZDPA.png

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

There's dumb spamming & there's intelligent playing. Anyone who charges $1 fares is in the former category.

jmfsam

jmfsam

to be or not to be

• 321 posts

There's dumb spamming & there's intelligent playing. Anyone who charges $1 fares is in the former category.

$1 fares can kill your competitor leading to an occasional dominant share in the route market. some say dumb, I must say otherwise

vZe8iFx.png

1kZZDPA.png

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

$1 fares can kill your competitor leading to an occasional dominant share in the route market. some say dumb, I must say otherwise

But if one spams well, they don't need to deal with competition. Hence "dumb" spamming

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Why would anybody want to run a spamline? Too boring.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

• 321 posts

User's Awards

so i just build a terminal at a tiny airport and open a hub there and open routes with 1000 frequencies?

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

so i just build a terminal at a tiny airport and open a hub there and open routes with 1000 frequencies?

I just tend to be more experienced running full-service airlines than LCCs...

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

Spamliner.... a new generation of LCC?

Could spamlining be against AE rules?

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

Could spamlining be against AE rules?

No.

No. Be efficient and big. That's how to make a successful AE airline

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

Why risk your success on $1 fares for an "occasional" dominant share? I can fill every seat on every flight charging $600 on a 500 mile route, & it won't impact at all on the realists. There's a hidden magic to this game.

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

• 321 posts

User's Awards

Why risk your success on $1 fares for an "occasional" dominant share? I can fill every seat on every flight charging $600 on a 500 mile route, & it won't impact at all on the realists. There's a hidden magic to this game.

isnt it called connecting pax

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

jmfsam

jmfsam

to be or not to be

• 321 posts

"hidden magic" that some don't understand and you still see $1 fares on 600 mile routes, leading to a dominant share on the route itself by the spamliner. As of now I'm being affected by like 20 spamlines in the US due to them lowering their prices outrageously and using 14x daily service from PDX-LAS. 

vZe8iFx.png

1kZZDPA.png

tyriq

tyriq

AE Player

• 41 posts

Here's four easy steps from my experience with spamlines.

1. Forget any sense of realism you may have.

2. Make sure to have a fleet of 3000+ by ordering as many aircraft as possible, particularly wide-bodies like 747s so that you can use them on 200 mile flights. 

3. Max out on seat configurations. Leave as little legroom as possible in order to have more capacity on your routes.

4. If you see a route that you really don't need that already has a lot of competing carriers, drop as many flights as you can on that route, 20x daily, 24x daily, it doesn't really matter and lower your price.

Follow those steps and you're good to go.

Squarrel

Squarrel

Love Planes!

• 105 posts

You don't need to make a spamliner! You will ruin the fun for everyone else!

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

• 321 posts

User's Awards

No, you spam from tiny airports, not huge airports.

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

Shh again  ;)  :lol:

Being big isn't necessarily spamming. I compete with almost nobody and I'm to of both R0 and R1 and am helping to run the airline on top in O2. Those who use $1 fares are not playing this game smartly so while it's not good for you, it's not particularly good for you either.

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

There are several phases in AE that you must be mindful of so that you can play smartly, whether as a so-called spamliner or as a self-discipliined "realistic" airliner.

When a world first opens, everyone must compete for the full-fare passengers (indicated by a green bar).  If 2 or more airlines together overfill the total daily demand, then either or both airlines must alter prices, number of flights, and/or plane types in order to re-establish 100% load capacity.  Such competition is  unavoidable while the contending airliners lack sufficient funds to construct terminal/hub pairs at preferably both ends of a route whenever possible.

As soon as you have enough cash accumulated to construct these at several airports, you are in a connecting-passenger expansion phase. The greater the number of flights that you and your fellow alliance members place to and from those airports, the larger the numbers of connecting passengers that will become available for your use as time goes by.  And those numbers continue to grow as the game-months and game-years pass.

Once you have many of those types of routes with all the seats taken up by connecting passengers (indicated by the purple bar on the seats filled graph), you begin to approach the next phase in  development.

This last phase is the holy grail of development - you become completely isolated from competition.  No one can steal your purple passengers by price lowering.  Every airport becomes profitable for you (and i do mean EVERY airport - even if there are airlines with $1 fare routes).   This is why you see airliners that fly to tiny miniscule airports all over the map.

Once you understand this, you understand how to really play and achieve large valuations.

HariKari

HariKari

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

User's Awards

There's a difference between what is simply a large airline and a true spamline that dumps 5x daily demand on the market for astronomical prices. The former is good management, the latter is an abuse of unintended mechanics. 

Hopefully AE4 doesn't let you create passengers out of thin air the same way. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users