R1

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

tigerair737

tigerair737

AE's Personal Armchair CEO

• 16 posts

Hi all.

My airline, Filipino Airlines (R1), is currently operating 4 DC7's to CGK, SIN, KUL and BKK from MNL, all of varying ages. The leases are ending on these aircraft are ending in a few months time, so I was wondering: what would be the best aircraft to replace my DC7's. I was personally thinking of using secondhand DC9's.

Also, what would be the best aircraft to start Long Haul? My initial routes would be SYD, AKL and JED. Opinions please!

Many thanks,

tigerair737

Filipino Airlines Founder and CEO

G0vtrLX.jpg

BV6atB1.jpg

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

20    15    9    2   

Despite similar capacity, the DC-9 has poor economics (fuel consumption) compared to the DC-7. I'd replace the DC-7 with Canadair Yukons. They've got good capacity (160 or so pax), good range (4,000 miles) & are a lot cheaper on the fuel than the early jets. Despite their range, I'd keep them to a max of about 1,000 miles to maximise efficiency. For longer ranges / long haul, use the bigger Tu-114. It's slower than a B707 but carries more pax for a lot less fuel.

Good luck.

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

A very good replacement would be the L-188, but it goes out of production very quickly.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

While the DC-9 does have a higher fuel flow, I believe that it is the best option due to the fact that real-life airlines did this too, and the CL-44 doesn't last forever and has a much higher(68% higher) capacity. However, I think this is the reason the CL-44 is so overused in the game, because it has range, capacity, and fuel flow. In the end, the DC-9 makes more sense but the CL-44 will be used 7/10 times.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Squarrel

Squarrel

Love Planes!

• 105 posts

I think you should replace it with the Dc9 or find an aircraft the has the same range or a little more than the Dc7 You don't need to replace it with such a large plane or more pax, just get an airplane with almost the same range as the Dc7

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

Concorde

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

tigerair737

tigerair737

AE's Personal Armchair CEO

• 16 posts

Thanks everyone for your input. For short haul, I have decided to operate the Canadair Yukons which have doubled the capacity on my routes and made my DOP go up hundreds of thousands, My longhaul aircraft of choice is yet to be decided, but it'll probably include secondhand DC10's in about 1980-1982 game time.

Filipino Airlines Founder and CEO

G0vtrLX.jpg

BV6atB1.jpg

ffxxmz

ffxxmz

Air Galicia's CEO and future pilot

• 254 posts
Maybe any widebody would be just fine, let me recommend an A300

RmzvjWC.jpg

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE