why no one fly rjs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

i havent seen a lot of rjs in airlines in this game. i thought it is economical on smaller routes.

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

because nobody cares for realism

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

sdgfdgs

sdgfdgs

• 6 posts
What is an rjs?

BV6atB1.jpg

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

What is an rjs?

Regional jets I think...

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

They're not the most economical on routes that can be flown by turboprops like ATRs & Bombadier Qs.  That being said, they serve a purpose & I often use them.  In the early 1990s I like CRJ100ERs & in the later years, I especially like CRJ1000ELs.

Berubium.png

Zentorno

Zentorno

Color me surprised

• 30 posts

User's Awards

I don't use them because of their relatively long runway requirements. The A318 and A319 are actually better at the RJ role because of that and commonality with the A320/A321.

Thefireset

Thefireset

AE Player

• 84 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

It's because in the game a flight in RJ have a cost similar to a Boeing 737 or an Airbus A318/A319, but these plane can seat more passengers than RJs, so you have more money for the same operation cost. It's mainly because the other taxes and fees and the landing fees are the same for any aircraft, including small aircraft like Beechcraft or cessna and helicopter. So, if you want to do the maximum profit, you should use Airbus A320 family or Boeing 737.

I actually have a full helicopter airlines and I had a profit margin of only 2% for the last month, because of these fees and the fuel consuption per passengers of the helicopter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users