Photo

New World That Doesn't Allow SPAMLINES!!!!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Squarrel

Squarrel

Love Planes!

• 105 posts

Communism, I think they should leave it the way it is but I understand that airline gets to much In just one day. They just want to be the first. I was competing with Siegfried before the Sandbox world reset and that was a spamliner. He always watched his routes and got too many big aircraft. But I overwrite most of the routes he stole.

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   

Probably necroing, but anyone realises OP bitches about spamlines but runs 3 airlines over 400 aircrafts and 1 over a thousand?

noelair%20banner.png

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

Probably necroing, but anyone realises OP bitches about spamlines but runs 3 airlines over 400 aircrafts and 1 over a thousand?

And 16 aircraft in one world. However,they did specify airlines with 2000-10000 aircraft, of which there is a tiny proportion. Nonetheless, there is a certain level of irony

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
I believe that trying to compete with a spamline keeps you motivated to try and make a profit against the spamline (as long as they provide fair competition). Even though I'm a month in this game, I'd like to see a new world where there is a limit on airplanes (800-1000 planes limit for example) or routes or something that limits the airlines so as they don't become unbeatable. And if the world isn't popular enough or the community doesn't like it, it's not the end of the world... The devs can close it, right?

Wes118

Wes118

• 8 posts

User's Awards

6    2      
It's not about comunisim, I'm just saying realistically in the real world there's not one airline that doesn't have over 2000 aircraft, example American which is currently the largest has about 1300 with its regional carriers combined.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

> complains about spamlines

>runs a spamline

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Is Better

• 714 posts
Zipp has a point. One of your Airlines has 1567 planes

Seve_Banner.png

Founder__CEO.png

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

• 13 posts

I like the idea too. There are enough worlds where there's room for spamlines. But on the other hand; on reputation points, the better airline will allways beat the budget airline. 

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

I like the idea too. There are enough worlds where there's room for spamlines. But on the other hand; on reputation points, the better airline will allways beat the budget airline.

Which means legacy is the way to go if you want a better reputation. I personally think running budget airlines doesn't feel right for me...

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

This is the definition of communism. Airline Empires is not a communist game. It's a capitalist game. In a capitalist world, there have to be spamlines. Heck, some LCC are almost the equivalent of a spamline. It's there, it'll always be there, so deal with it.

>Having caps on aircraft ownership is communism

>Implying Aeroflot never existed

>Implying real-world competition and scarcity of resources doesn't already limit aircraft numbers in a capitalist society

>Implying the US didn't have an iron grip on airline regulation up until the 70s

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

>Having caps on aircraft ownership is communism
>Implying Aeroflot never existed
>Implying real-world competition and scarcity of resources doesn't already limit aircraft numbers in a capitalist society
>Implying the US didn't have an iron grip on airline regulation up until the 70s

Implying a rule that prohibits us from buying or leasing Russian planes, too

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Yes, please do tell me how to not have a world with spamlines. There are always ways to get around it.

Capt.L1011

Capt.L1011

AE Addict To-Be

• 16 posts

User's Awards

I think one way to make this game more realistic is to instead of talking about limiting what people can do in the game environment - change the environment. This should include a maximum number of hubs in a country, base the number on the size of the country. Small country 1 hub - large country like USA or China perhaps 3 or 4. 

I think one of the biggest flaws the game has is that players are able to build a hub in every airport in their country and it makes economic sense to do so. This is a HUGE part of the problem.

Other improvements should include demand between different airports. It should never make sense for an airline to have flights from every last airport in Iceland to Algeria or Havana for example. This has got to be improved.

Another good improvement should be that the age of the aircraft should be a much more significant factor. In a game that ended recently I noticed airlines having a 1000 planes or more that were 50 years old or more. That is utterly ridiculous. There has to be a big incentive to replace older aircraft with newer ones. Running planes that are over 30 years old should be prohibitably expensive and passengers should for the most part shy away from choosing an airline with such old aircraft.

My 2 cents. I hope this is something that can be and will be implemented to make this great game the best ever.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Ok, I'm fed up with working in worlds and then a spam line pops up and screws everyone!! They need to make worlds where there is a limit of how many aircraft you can have and you can only have one player in it. I mean come on airlines with 2000-10000 Aircraft? Thats so unrealistic! Also they should make they ratings by the quality of the Airline, not buy how many aircraft you have and money you make!!!

Give a suggestion for how to make it spamline free

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts
What if the world was blocked only to trusted players, via a password. Therefore players such as zortan, zipp, eal, max devo, and yours truly could avoid newer, spammy, players. There's my solution.

BV6atB1.jpg

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

What if the world was blocked only to trusted players, via a password. Therefore players such as zortan, zipp, eal, max devo, and yours truly could avoid newer, spammy, players. There's my solution.

that might actually be a good idea...!

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Oh wait - another idea - alliances could have their own worlds to work with  - that are protected by alliance forum passwords!! This would then make all players have to follow the alliance rules, of course, and kick out those who spam or break rules - just an idea but still!

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts
Well, we have password-protection on the alliance forums. I don't think it should be TOO hard to implement them onto 1 or 2 worlds

BV6atB1.jpg

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

Oh wait - another idea - alliances could have their own worlds to work with - that are protected by alliance forum passwords!! This would then make all players have to follow the alliance rules, of course, and kick out those who spam or break rules - just an idea but still!

I don't think enough people are in alliances to have a healthy and realistic competition.

BV6atB1.jpg

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I don't think enough people are in alliances to have a healthy and realistic competition.

True but still... it would be a solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users