Photo

New World That Doesn't Allow SPAMLINES!!!!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Wes118

Wes118

• 8 posts

User's Awards

6    2      

Ok, I'm fed up with working in worlds and then a spam line pops up and screws everyone!! They need to make worlds where there is a limit of how many aircraft you can have and you can only have one player in it. I mean come on airlines with 2000-10000 Aircraft? Thats so unrealistic! Also they should make they ratings by the quality of the Airline, not buy how many aircraft you have and money you make!!!

Coco X

Coco X

AE's most fashionable member

• 135 posts
While I am thoroughly in favour of this its been suggested many times before and people will find a way round it so they can still spam in a no spamline world.

Coco x
DWA_Sig_3_7.png

WAZZ

WAZZ

Fan of being inactive

• 298 posts
  • Skype Name:wazzupyoshi

User's Awards

Ok, I'm fed up with working in worlds and then a spam line pops up and screws everyone!! They need to make worlds where there is a limit of how many aircraft you can have and you can only have one player in it. I mean come on airlines with 2000-10000 Aircraft? Thats so unrealistic! Also they should make they ratings by the quality of the Airline, not buy how many aircraft you have and money you make!!!

This is the definition of communism. Airline Empires is not a communist game. It's a capitalist game. In a capitalist world, there have to be spamlines. Heck, some LCC are almost the equivalent of a spamline. It's there, it'll always be there, so deal with it.

Discord: Farko#3900 lolbanned

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

I don't see why such a popular method used by many people needs to be restricted on a whole new world (which probably costs money) when only a small minority complain. And although users like myself find spamlines annoying, competing with them even when you're playing realistic is pretty much effortless.

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

I would suggest reporting spam lines to mods who will ban those members from making airlines for one year. 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

If I had a dollar for every time......

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

LebaKnees

LebaKnees

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

I would suggest reporting spam lines to mods who will ban those members from making airlines for one year.

That's not how it works... :huh:

excel - azure - uw

KFHZDTL.jpg

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts

kill-yourself.jpg

image.png

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

If you can't beat them, join them.

WAZZ

WAZZ

Fan of being inactive

• 298 posts
  • Skype Name:wazzupyoshi

User's Awards

If you can't join them, contemplate existence.

Discord: Farko#3900 lolbanned

ffxxmz

ffxxmz

Air Galicia's CEO and future pilot

• 254 posts
The only way to stop spamlines without prohibiting them, is to change the AI of the passengers. They choose the cheapest ticket no matter what, and spamlines use that in their favour. Maybe, making passengers choose more on reputation than on price would make having a spamline way harder

RmzvjWC.jpg

Melodique

Melodique

Mcdonnell-Douglas is life

• 263 posts

The problem is that you work with humans and everytime and everywhere you will have humans who just want to be the best or are dicks. The only way you+

can go against that is when you are more strict but then maybe you will make people who dont have a ''bad'' intention a hard life too. Thats the reason why 

communism doesnt really work because the majority of humans are dicks (maybe not the majority but many). The same here many just want to win.

Spamlines are the best way to ''win''. The best way to get rid of them is to convince people that playing realisticly is way more fun. Like in real life 

try to convince people to do good things instead of bad things. Some people you can easily convince some you dont. 

But I would wish that more people would play realistic too. Also I would love if more people are creative with

their airlines but it doesnt seem to change .....

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

The problem is that you work with humans and everytime and everywhere you will have humans who just want to be the best or are dicks. The only way you+

can go against that is when you are more strict but then maybe you will make people who dont have a ''bad'' intention a hard life too. Thats the reason why 

communism doesnt really work because the majority of humans are dicks (maybe not the majority but many). The same here many just want to win.

Spamlines are the best way to ''win''. The best way to get rid of them is to convince people that playing realisticly is way more fun. Like in real life 

try to convince people to do good things instead of bad things. Some people you can easily convince some you dont. 

But I would wish that more people would play realistic too. Also I would love if more people are creative with

their airlines but it doesnt seem to change .....

I do also believe that some people look at this partially from a business perspective and test different ways of increasing margins etc.

Jsieczkar

Jsieczkar

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

As someone who stopped playing do to spamlines I would start playing again if a community policed realistic world was set up.  Make sure that it is known that it is a special world with unique rules, and punish those that refuse to follow them by suspending their account for the duration of the game.  I find it odd that spamline runners are so militant against even one world being set up.

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

As someone who stopped playing do to spamlines I would start playing again if a community policed realistic world was set up.  Make sure that it is known that it is a special world with unique rules, and punish those that refuse to follow them by suspending their account for the duration of the game.  I find it odd that spamline runners are so militant against even one world being set up.

Excuse me but almost nobody has voiced opposition to they idea - they simply deem it pointless. The one person that opposed it made the valid and insightful point that spamlines on AE liken to LCCs in the real world. One could argue that, ironically, having  both spamlines and realistic airlines on AE is a better and more realistic representation of the real world

Jsieczkar

Jsieczkar

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

Excuse me but almost nobody has voiced opposition to they idea - they simply deem it pointless. The one person that opposed it made the valid and insightful point that spamlines on AE liken to LCCs in the real world. One could argue that, ironically, having  both spamlines and realistic airlines on AE is a better and more realistic representation of the real world

see post #3

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

see post #3

Read mine more carefully

Jsieczkar

Jsieczkar

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

Read mine more carefully

Spamlines and LCC have nothing in common at all other then kinda the IFS cheat, but nothing to the extreme.  

The overwhelming majority of LCC's have 1 or 2 families of aircraft, nearly none run anything other then economy some maybe have increased leg room company or PE neither of which the game simulates.  Most Spamlines run everything they can get with 3 classes on all. 

You will generally see only 1 seat arrangement per aircraft type for an LCC.  Spamlines run whatever they had on the plane when it was bought used

The largest LCC has 707 aircraft all of the same family, with vast majority of them being less then 200 and many being less then 100.  Spamlines run thousands of planes.

5280_Av8r

5280_Av8r

• 265 posts

User's Awards

The only problem for me when I'm competing with a spamline is when they set a really low price like $60 or lower and no matter what my price is, I can't make money even though I have the better reputation.

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

You will generally see only 1 seat arrangement per aircraft type for an LCC.  Spamlines run whatever they had on the plane when it was bought used

Nope, that isn't true. 

Spamlines and LCC have nothing in common at all other then kinda the IFS cheat, but nothing to the extreme.  

I think you have missed the entire point of my post. Nevermind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users