Photo

Should one person be limited to leading one forum alliance?

* * - - - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   

Title says it all. I'm talking about forum forums.

As you can see, our dear Steam 'leads' two forums in this board - National and Golden. I don't think it's very fair and it's pretty much a waste of space.

I would suggest either one be forcibly closed down and merged.

noelair%20banner.png

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   
If the two alliances are principally different, for example one focuses on quality and the other is more general, I think it's not a problem.

Unfortunately, I don't possess adequate comprehension about the two alliances Steam is leading. However, from the view of an outsider, they are practically the same.

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Golden Alliance is more of a Quality Alliance as compared to National, which aims on being a "general" member alliance. 

Golden Alliance is not managed by National Group but by ~WK~, who has not been active since a long time mainly due to university. As per our recent communications ~WK~ is expected to come back to AE somewhere in the early months of 2017. 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   

If the two alliances are principally different, for example one focuses on quality and the other is more general, I think it's not a problem.

Unfortunately, I don't possess adequate comprehension about the two alliances Steam is leading. However, from the view of an outsider, they are practically the same.

Hence I do believe there should be a stress test with regards to this.

I have no problem if the former situation happens; but to me my greatest concern is as what I have highlighted - not to mention both alliance have zero activity at all and should be shelved to the "Inactive Alliances" section anyway.

noelair%20banner.png

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
I agree that someone can have 2 alliance forums if in one they are the head of the alliance and in the second be an assistant head. I can confirm that WK is the head/main manager of Golden. He has helped me out in the past and we even talked about partnering alliances. I know Mr.PAG was or still is another head of golden.

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I agree to a limit of one alliance per person

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

As of now, WK is the Current Administrator of Golden Alliance, we have recently decided to re-start it with a new and formal base and since we already have Phoenix Sub-forum in hand we decided to make use of it rather than starting another one. 

As WK prepares the branding and forum design, all duties would be handed over to him. 

On the Topic, I do not agree to one alliance per person (after all, it's the person leading the alliance who gets the moderator privileges) 

It's same same but Different, if you get me

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   

I agree that someone can have 2 alliance forums if in one they are the head of the alliance and in the second be an assistant head. I can confirm that WK is the head/main manager of Golden. He has helped me out in the past and we even talked about partnering alliances. I know Mr.PAG was or still is another head of golden.

Then WK should be heading the alliance, not Steam. End of story.

As of now, WK is the Current Administrator of Golden Alliance, we have recently decided to re-start it with a new and formal base and since we already have Phoenix Sub-forum in hand we decided to make use of it rather than starting another one. 

As WK prepares the branding and forum design, all duties would be handed over to him. 

On the Topic, I do not agree to one alliance per person (after all, it's the person leading the alliance who gets the moderator privileges) 

It's same same but Different, if you get me

So you don't agree to one alliance per person because you don't get moderator privileges on both?

Seriously don't you sense any bloody hint of bitter irony in that?

noelair%20banner.png

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
Just like I have my assistant CEO, NicholaiGaul take over while I'm away, so is steam doing.

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
But you run your own alliance, PilotTom. On the other hand what Steam is just saying is that he's gonna let WK do all the s***ty legwork, then keep the rights to himself because he get MODERATING RIGHTS (MUCH WOW) on another forum.

Seriously, if one can't be arsed to do ANY legwork and push all the crap to another dude, no reason for him/her to be in charge of that particular alliance forum.

noelair%20banner.png

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Steam is just saying is that he's gonna let WK do all the s***ty legwork, then keep the rights to himself because he get MODERATING RIGHTS on another forum.

Sounds selfish, but about right.

I believe having some administrations roles in two is fine, but leadership? that should be confined to a single alliance.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

I'm not actually "leading" the Golden Alliance, I actually Founded it 2 years back to this days. I'm just "holding" the Moderator Privileges until ~WK~ comes out of inactivity. (Soon)

u2r8weo.jpg

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

and Why does this itch your a** so much?

u2r8weo.jpg

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

and Why does this itch your a** so much?

Because you have crabs :/

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I believe those who moderate two forums as well as changing forum names every 2 months should be stripped of all power

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

I believe those who moderate two forums as well as changing forum names every 2 months should be stripped of all power

2 Months? Get your facts right, National was founded in August.

u2r8weo.jpg

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Maybe only one forum per person + some form of limit on name changes, forum additions etc

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users