* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

Not sure if this has been suggested before but let me know what you think about this idea...

Let's say you are an airline based in Dubai and you want to add a route between Bangkok and Hong Kong without going to Dubai. Obviously you cannot do that now because it is completely out of your country. But what if there is an option in the Route Management page that says "enter open skies agreement". You pay a monthly tax and you can add flights between Bangkok and Hong Kong without touching Dubai. Not sure though, what do you think we do with the airlines based in Hong Kong and Thailand if they can fly to the UAE without touching their own country?

So this way you can create foreign hubs like Delta in Tokyo or Amsterdam, or Qantas in Dubai. All for a relatively large fee to prevent it becoming like an open world. It should be expensive enough that only large airlines can participate effectively.

This is different from adding stopovers because it lets you transport passengers between two foreign cities without going back to your native country.

Some things it would be useful for:

1. When cargo comes into AE since FedEx and UPS have many foreign hubs.

2. Countries where it is difficult to grow an airline will have an opportunity to increase air service.

3. High demand routes that are difficult to serve with nonstop flights.

4. Under-served countries or airports.

Cheers

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

Anyway here's how it would work.

Assuming you are restricted from flying between OSL-HEL because you are a foreign non-EU country.

If you want to lift the restriction, you press the "Enter Open Skies Agreement" button which takes you to a page that informs you about the monthly tax you will have to pay (per flight) and "submit".

After that, you would be taken back to the Route Management page which now allows you to open routes, open hubs and build terminals.

The monthly tax could be relative to the gate price of the airports you are trying to connect.

kqXtNGc.png

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

sdgfdgs

sdgfdgs

• 6 posts

agree

BV6atB1.jpg

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Why do you want to fly between Uganda and Somalia when you can just leave their flag carriers to fly that. 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
+1

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

Geminijets 30

Geminijets 30

Don't ask me

• 95 posts

:) great idea!   ​

Bradimir

Bradimir

Missing?

• 715 posts

User's Awards

The problem I see is that this would render the R worlds full of spam, which are (somewhat) protected from it currently. Basically giving airlines the go-ahead to fly like an Open world. There would have to be ways to limit the amount of 'foreign' routes that carriers could buy into. However, I do like the idea as playing in an R-World can sometimes be frustrating when trying to emulate an airline such as Delta, United, or even carriers like EVA Air that have flights from other cities.

unknown.pngEstablished Oct. 2012

#GOSTROS

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

i like it

but the problem is spammers

they can now spam everywhere without limitations which is bad

there is a spammer in S4B who spams tiny towns in USA with 400 gates and he jumped from a tiny airline to number 1 on the spot.

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

Geminijets 30

Geminijets 30

Don't ask me

• 95 posts

I think that the costs should be higher for operating it and if the airline is competing with airlines based in one of the countries, the home airline gets customer priority unless there is a significant price difference. ex. Delta is flying PVG-NRT but so does Air China, Air China gets customer priority unless Delta has tickets for $99 or something like that, that would make this option helpful for connecting passengers, but uneconomical for opening networks outside of an airline's home country.

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

The problem I see is that this would render the R worlds full of spam, which are (somewhat) protected from it currently. Basically giving airlines the go-ahead to fly like an Open world. There would have to be ways to limit the amount of 'foreign' routes that carriers could buy into. However, I do like the idea as playing in an R-World can sometimes be frustrating when trying to emulate an airline such as Delta, United, or even carriers like EVA Air that have flights from other cities.

i like it

but the problem is spammers

they can now spam everywhere without limitations which is bad

there is a spammer in S4B who spams tiny towns in USA with 400 gates and he jumped from a tiny airline to number 1 on the spot.

Hence. The high fees. So it would make sense if there is little competition and the route is underserved.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Fees won't work considering at a certain point money becomes a limitless resource in the game. And if you set fees high enough for them to be a serious factor nobody will be able to make money on those flights anyway.

But I think we can all agree that spamlines must be purged for the good of the proletariat of AE.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

jmfsam

jmfsam

to be or not to be

• 321 posts

I'm not sure this is going to work with trillion dollar airline companies, they're just going to keep buying out the open skies agreement (above mentioned). Besides, if you haven't seen the O2 worlds, you're literally going to have flights from China to Togo for no apparent reason plus loads of route spamming which makes it impossible for potential airline CEO's to operate an airline especially ones out of low demand countries.

vZe8iFx.png

1kZZDPA.png

Melodique

Melodique

Mcdonnell-Douglas is life

• 263 posts

I like the idea if it werent for the spamlines. I think AE has to do something about the spamlines frist. At least in Realistic worlds because its just stupid. 

Why cant there be a limit on how many flight hours you can have in R worlds and maybe some sort of protection from flying the same city just different airports (for example: flying

from hamburg to miami and to fort lauderdale at the same time) because having these routes at the same time is unrealistic as hell. At the moment it seems like realistic worlds

are nearly the same to non realistic worlds.

(merry Christmas everyone :D)

Fighter35

Fighter35

Inactive

• 153 posts

One of the most effective ways to end spammers, I believe, is to put a variable cap on IFE and IFS prices, depending on the quality, so one star IFS will have a lower price cap than five star IFS, for example.

Great-Britain_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNATO_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

We have Open worlds for this. O1 & O2.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Boing the Ostrich

Boing the Ostrich

AE's Arab Bird

• 946 posts

User's Awards

Spamlines must be purged for the good of the proletariat of AE.

Please

AXUbLwK.pngDWA_Sig_3_8.png

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Please

Alaska-_stop.gif

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

bostero2

bostero2

AE Player

• 57 posts

How about doing something even more realistic, since not everything is fully open or fully closed, and find a way to implement the full freedoms of the air (https://en.wikipedia...doms_of_the_air). With this you would also have to allow multi point routes that a lot of airlines use right now. The difficult part of implementing the freedoms is the whole negotiation since in real life the governments of said countries are involved so we would need to find a way of simulating that or go ahead and just use the ones that currently exist. I know it would be a whole lot of work to implement and keep updated but that would really make everything much more realistic in the game.

compton

compton

AE Luver

• 256 posts

User's Awards

5    2    6   

How about doing something even more realistic, since not everything is fully open or fully closed, and find a way to implement the full freedoms of the air (https://en.wikipedia...doms_of_the_air). With this you would also have to allow multi point routes that a lot of airlines use right now. The difficult part of implementing the freedoms is the whole negotiation since in real life the governments of said countries are involved so we would need to find a way of simulating that or go ahead and just use the ones that currently exist. I know it would be a whole lot of work to implement and keep updated but that would really make everything much more realistic in the game.

This. Would be awesome to have fifth freedom routes to make connecting hubs in game, such as DXB or AUH. Would also love to see second freedom routes, which allow technical stops to improve fuel efficiency and range. (Sorry if this is a little bit off topic.)

vZOC42i.png

tyriq

tyriq

AE Player

• 41 posts

I think the best way to seperate this from open worlds is to make it so that airlines can only fly from outside their country if an alliance partner has a hub at a the airport that you want to fly from. (Kinda like United with ANA at tokyo NRT.) And I also feel like what Geminijets 30 said could work in conjunction with this, where home countries get priority passengers.

Although the problem with this might be alliance partners competing with each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users