Photo

400 Gates in a small town with 0 passengers ?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

In AE when it comes to connecting passengers, there is no such thing as competition.  

How many connecting passengers you can fly on a route as well as what price you can charge to those passengers is determined almost entirely by your past efforts up to now,  Even if I flew 1000 flights on a single route and picked up 25000 passengers per day, that fact has absolutely no bearing as to what number of passengers you can pick up.through your own efforts, both past and current.

For full-fare passengers, each route has a maximum fixed daily demand which is publicly displayed in the route configuration page.

Note however that there is no demand information regarding connecting passengers.  No information will ever be displayed for such passengers.

If neither end of a route is a hub (whether created by you or a fellow alliance member,) then there are no connecting passengers, period.

The more alliance members who have a hub at one or both endpoints of a route you will/want to fly, the more connecting passengers you can pick up and the more magnified is the connecting passenger generating process.

If what you are seeking is connecting passengers, then your maximally profitable strategy is to fly the most heavily flown routes.  In other words, seek out all so-called spamliner routes and pile on as many seats as you can fill.  Fly everywhere to everywhere.   Oh, and as most women would say, (airport) SIZE doesn't matter!  ROFL

If your home country is the US, then join the alliance with the greatest number of US-based airlines.

If I had to give a name to this strategy, I would call it the Ride-Their-Coattails strategy.

since everything I have described to you is legally permitted, the only thing stopping you from making use of all this to maximal advantage is your realistic bias/conceit and nothing else.

Accordingly, recognize that in this game, there is no such thing as a spamliner.  What we do isn't spamming - it's maximal efficiency seeking

PiggyWhiskey

PiggyWhiskey

AE Player

• 80 posts
It's a very interesting play style.
I didn't know connecting PAX increase over time. It must be that each connecting passenger is a partial connecting passenger for other hubs. And it would be exponential growth.

May I ask your finances?
Spam line IFE/IFS/pay rates?
DOP?
Do you overload the route to a medium load factor and when they're high enough,add more flights?
How about fare pricing? Over charge?

Sorry for the questions. I'm still very new. It's okay if you don't want to reveal trade secrets.

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      
(S4B) Sandbox World (2000-2020) (5 min / day) Rank Logo Airline   Unread unread.png Idle Aircraft Expiring Leases DOP Cash 2   Mr Robot   16 83 0 $305,929,426 $133,858,240,671 Game Progress: 2000 
July 24, 2007

Airlines: 294 / 300 Limit 1 / player

Total Revenue - $8,592,609,240

Total Expenses - $3,707,884,408

Profit Margin   56.85%

Net Income / Loss $4,884,724,832

For July 2007 (latest full-game month in S4B

So that's so far, of course

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

(S4B) Sandbox World (2000-2020) (5 min / day) Rank Logo Airline   Unread unread.png Idle Aircraft Expiring Leases DOP Cash 2   Mr Robot   16 83 0 $305,929,426 $133,858,240,671 Game Progress: 2000 

July 24, 2007

Airlines: 294 / 300 Limit 1 / player

Total Revenue - $8,592,609,240

Total Expenses - $3,707,884,408

Profit Margin   56.85%

Net Income / Loss $4,884,724,832

For July 2007 (latest full-game month in S4B

So that's so far, of course

Do you overload the route to a medium load factor and when they're high enough,add more flights?

>  I leave fares at initial price and place a few flights at a timme unntil I encounter a flight with less than 100% fill rate.  Every so often, I revisit and place more flights on the routes.  Once about 7 years have passed, I adjust prices upward also.

How about fare pricing? Over charge?

Sorry for the questions. I'm still very new. It's okay if you don't want to reveal trade secrets.

wages?  I start off at $7 but I start increasing wages by $5 for every 25 billion in  cash I accumulate.  Wages for CEOs and managers go up in $15 increments.

IFS - starts at worst quality/ max cost price and I increase quality periodically  over decades. 

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      
Aircraft Statistics
Fleet Size: 678 (483 owned + 195 leased)
Aircraft Types: 4
Average Daily Utilization: 17.35 Hours
Average Age: 3 Years

Fleet info follows below:

FlFeet Information
Aircraft Type Seat Configs Fleet Size On Order Avg Age Daily Util
Airbus A319-100 160 Y 148   3.51 19.92
Airbus A320-200 189 Y 121 22 2.19 16.10
Airbus A321-100 220 Y 6   3.35 19.90
Boeing 737-400 188 Y 1   10.42 20.00
Boeing 737-500 140 Y 22   6.58 19.58
Boeing 737-700 149 Y 19   5.76 18.69
Boeing 737-800 189 Y 120 22 2.36 15.62
Tupolev Tu-204-100 210 Y 12   3.90 19.89
Tupolev Tu-214 210 Y 229 24 2.64 16.74

Fleetwide   678 68 2.95 17.35

JCPoly

JCPoly

I run the AE Subreddit. You should join.

• 35 posts

What's interesting is that some of these airports are the ones that display no gates able to be leased.  (Like, the 0/0 ones at the bottom of the Browse Airports List)  I know for a fact that TEB and MNZ are 0/0's, so I wonder if it's just manipulation of that...

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

This guy just made first place when the first place was like twice the value of the second place before wow I am surprised

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

I just checked his map and he had 615 daily departures from a tiny airport with only 40 something destinations

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

As a hard challenge, I just started in RO today, R0 is 20 years along game-wise, so I am starting way way back. 

I noticed that Michael. runs the #1 airline Air France and eos is the #2 ranked airline and both of these airlines are closing in on the $1 TRILLION dollar valuation.

I started in the US at MDW, terminated the lease to the starting plane, and leased a Bristol Britanica configured as 139Y (139 economy seats).

I then used up all 140 hours and placed several routes from various airports in the US in and around MDW.

So that plane is earning $330000 daily.

Note that around 70% of US airports have 0 leasable gates so in order to build out some of those routes, I had to construct a few terminals and hubify them.

I am currently ranked 194th, so I have a long way to go just to get in the top 100, much less the top 10.  My airline code letters are BN so you can follow along and check up on my progress from time to time if you want.

Anyone want to speculate as to whether or not I will reach the top 10? top 5? the number 1 spot? by game's end

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

Also, in accordance with my earlier statement about my airline being a demonstration of the power of my method, I am going to delete my airline Mr Robot sometime before the game actually ends, as S4B is meant for newer players and not for veteran players such as myself.

I will probably just sell all my planes so that other players can make use of them, and I'll let everyone know when I get ready to do that.

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

I just checked his map and he had 615 daily departures from a tiny airport with only 40 something destinations

Yes he has explained all that.

As a hard challenge, I just started in RO today, R0 is 20 years along game-wise, so I am starting way way back. 

I noticed that Michael. runs the #1 airline Air France and eos is the #2 ranked airline and both of these airlines are closing in on the $1 TRILLION dollar valuation.

Anyone want to speculate as to whether or not I will reach the top 10? top 5? the number 1 spot? by game's end

EOS and I are running at a similar level, I just expanded quicker so I'm 2.17 times as valuable. However his fleet is 1.5 times the size of mine so it'll be a battle between my efficiency and his sheer size. I anticipate you being top 3. EOS and I will be tricky to catch given he's at 440 billion and I'm almost hitting 1 trillion but with your methods you will certainly outgrow us (I'm finished with that airline). Whether you'll get big enough is the question. The current third and fourth place airlines are running out of orders and their utilization is dropping so I'd be surprised if you didn't catch them. EOS is buying every plane he can find and has 1500 on order so he's chasing it for all he can (I should stay in front for the time being) so you might find him harder to catch. But I have faith! Also, welcome to the alliance that I didn't start but somehow ended up in charge of. I'm the only member inside the top 14. It's lonely so hurry on .....

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Cool Down Guys.

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

As I previously stated in one of my prior posts, I ran Mr. Robot here as proof of concept and not with the actual intention of winning so as to demonstrate the method to newer players.  I had intended all along to close the airline when O2 opened, and as that has occured, I have sold off the entire fleet and disbanded Mr. Robot.

Rejoice!  Mr Robot is no more in S4B

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Doesn't work that way.

You can create your own demand at any airport via connecting pax.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

Mr. Robot's strategy, which I have happened upon a few years back as well, works in any setting.

My airline in O1 currently has $75,000,000,000 in DOP with 95% pre-tax profit margin. 

I have about 37x the value of the next-closest airline I'm not running, despite not joining up in earnest until 2006 (thus no 757's or earlier planes in my backlog). 

I'd won O1 a few times back in the day using a conventional "green pax" strategy but this is more fun and quicker. I deploy 50 or more planes per route and can add a billion to my DOP in a quick hour while watching TV or listening to a podcast. 

When I was playing for green pax, it got so formulaic that blue pax strategy is pretty much the same intellectually. 

Many players seem not to realize that there are price breaks in the game at 99, 199, 299, 399, 1499, 2999, and 5999 miles. Flying as close to those values as possible, without going over, maximizes profit. I see so many folks flying 6,100 mile routes and it's like - do you even pay attention to pricing or notice that those routes have lower profit? Folks have trouble with arithmetic I think - like the airlines ordering 737-900's when all you get is more fuel burn, more turn time, and longer runway requirements. 

The other thing with green pax strategies is to avoid the big routes. This game is skewed towards routes between/from middle/small cities; getting on the big routes is a waste of time and assets. You can put a weekly 747-400 on SEA-BBU, for example. Do five of those routes and you have as much profit as you'll make on SEA-CDG, with far less time spent adjusting pricing for the competition. 

When playing for green pax, I'd open "Browse Airports," search all airports within, for example, 1300-1499 miles from OMA, and deploy away. Very easy to make money that way. 

...anyway that's green pax. The most I ever got with that was $4bil DOP (it was in college and I was listening to a lot of podcasts and watching a lot of TV). 

Now with the blue pax strategy I could probably get $200bil DOP if I started from the beginning of the game. 

PiggyWhiskey

PiggyWhiskey

AE Player

• 80 posts

Many players seem not to realize that there are price breaks in the game at 99, 199, 299, 399, 1499, 2999, and 5999 miles.

That's very interesting.

Do you have the raw values for them?

It's interesting to see what makes the game work, and it'll make it easier for me to run the "perfect" game.

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

• 342 posts

User's Awards

137, 176, and 420 for 199, 299, and 1499 respectively. Don't recall the rest off hand. A 600 mile route has, IIRC, the same default price as a 299mi route. If you're running profitable IFS that's just another reason to fly shorter routes - pax buy as many meals and blankets on my 2mi PPW-WRY route as on JFK-SIN.

PiggyWhiskey

PiggyWhiskey

AE Player

• 80 posts

What are those values? The max prices?

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

• 342 posts

User's Awards

Do a tiny bit of work? Open routes at those distances and you'll see.

xnoybis

xnoybis

• 1 posts

Now with the blue pax strategy I could probably get $200bil DOP if I started from the beginning of the game. 

I get it, you play the exploit once as a proof of concept, but why do it ever again? If you remove actual human competition and any sort of creativity the only thing that remains is mindless grind, rinse and repeat. In O2 I can now see Book Siberia building hubs and 200 gate terminals in the middle of the Amazon after splattering green pins all over the east coast of US, after 6 in-game months of this I would have to sit down and take a really hard look on how I spend my time and reconsider my life choices, nevermind the fact that I would be bored to death. We get it, you found a way to get blue pax out of thin air, what's the point of doing it again and again? I remember why I stopped playing in 2011, at the end of the day, however you play it, green or blue, with one hub or with 200, it's a grind, this game needs some serious patching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users