Photo

400 Gates in a small town with 0 passengers ?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

In the newest game world S4B there's an airline that has spammed many of the small towns in the Eastern US with terminal and hubs.

And I mean spammed...........probably over a hundred small towns many with no passengers per year and each with 400 gates and a hub........what's that, 20,000 slots ?

I can't build more than 200 gates in an airport.......how come this airline can ?

An Example........in Dupage ( DPA ) with a total of 0 passengers per year this airline has built 400 gates, a hub and now has created 2,654,232 passengers a year out of thin air.

This airline has repeated this more than a hundred times with these small towns and has grown from a tiny airline to overtaking the me at #6 and looks like will very quickly take the #1 spot.......based entirely on small towns like this.

This airline climbed so fast through the ranks he literally zoomed by me.......and I was the fastest climbing airline in the ranks. 

He surprised me because my airline fly's into nearly every city over 200,000 in the eastern US and I have barely even run into him........but yet he's been all around me in those small towns.

How is this possible ?

PiggyWhiskey

PiggyWhiskey

AE Player

• 80 posts
I didn't even realise connecting PAX appeared out of nowhere.

That's an interesting tactic

kingoftheskies

kingoftheskies

I breathe SQ but not their fares :/

• 377 posts

Any link for the airline?

xkDm6U0.png

aZ0BcgW.png

MGnazId.png

194wCOY.png

C49JvWP.png

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

20    15    9    2   

Lol. Yep, it's a thing alright. I think I know the guy. He's very, very good. You wont see him coming & you wont catch him once he's past you.

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

Doesn't work that way.

PiggyWhiskey

PiggyWhiskey

AE Player

• 80 posts

Doesn't work that way.

Just had a look at your Airlines, bloody hell you're good.

Back on topic,

If it doesn't work that way, how did that player create annual PAX by building Terminals/Gates?

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

Just had a look at your Airlines, bloody hell you're good.

Back on topic,

If it doesn't work that way, how did that player create annual PAX by building Terminals/Gates?

Thanks for the flattering compliment! Look closely at the airline. Yeah yeah they've 400 gates big whoop. How many do they actually use? Those terminals have 1-2% utilisation for a large part so really, they're just using 5 or 6 gates and are generating demand among connecting passengers. That airline is a small child. Check out the big guns in O1 

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

Can anyone tell me how this airline is able to build terminals with 400 gates in every one of these small towns ?

I tried and I can only build 200 max.........and this looks nothing like any kind of normal, well run airline in AE.

He is literally creating millions of passengers out of thin air in these small towns with zero or maybe few hundred or a few thousand annual passengers.

His largest and only major airport with a terminal & hub is Charlotte Douglas with only 3 gates.

His next largest city with a terminal and hub is Nashville with 200 gates............all the rest with terminals are small towns with 400 gates with a few with 200 gates.

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

Any link for the airline?

I'm not sure your allowed to name airlines in the forums your having an issue with.

Anyways, using whatever exploit this airline is using ruins the game for everyone else..........no airline stands a chance against it playing the game in any kind of normal way............Not even you Michael.

And I've had #1 airlines before.........I started in S4B sandbox world 16 months late and near the bottom just for the challenge and within 4 days reached #6..........until that airline I'm talking about went flying by.

And I own nearly all my aircraft, buy them 50 at a time and still can't spend the extra 10's of billions in cash I have  ..........this airline is leasing all his.

Lol.......this airline also fly's more Tupolev 214's than any other aircraft model.

I guess with this exploit it doesn't matter if you fly Russian aircraft, don't connect major airports or fly long haul...............your still gonna easily take #1 spot.

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

I tried testing what this airline is doing and it appears to be exactly what's happening...........millions of passengers from nothing.

I couldn't make this work...........creating millions of passengers by using the extra passengers hub's create between 2 small airports..........I had to connect each small airport to a major one with a hub to get all those extra passengers.

But somehow he's doing this with just small airports........and building terminals with 400 gates.

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

I tried testing what this airline is doing and it appears to be exactly what's happening...........millions of passengers from nothing.

I couldn't make this work...........creating millions of passengers by using the extra passengers hub's create between 2 small airports..........I had to connect each small airport to a major one with a hub to get all those extra passengers.

But somehow he's doing this with just small airports........and building terminals with 400 gates.

Bare in mind that this airline is only using 0-3% of those 400 gates. They're being smart, to their credit. While some may not like it, wee have to remember that full-service airlines don't like LCCs and family-run shops don't like Walmart.

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

Bare in mind that this airline is only using 0-3% of those 400 gates. They're being smart, to their credit. While some may not like it, wee have to remember that full-service airlines don't like LCCs and family-run shops don't like Walmart.

Your missing the point Michael.

The only way he could have terminals with 400 gates is with some kind of cheat.

And I don't call it smart buying 50 times more slots than you will ever use.........unless this is also part of a cheat that creates millions of passengers from nothing.

Also, would Walmart stock 50 times more product than they sell in a season ?

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

Your missing the point Michael.

The only way he could have terminals with 400 gates is with some kind of cheat.

And I don't call it smart buying 50 times more slots than you will ever use.........unless this is also part of a cheat that creates millions of passengers from nothing.

Also, would Walmart stock 50 times more product than they sell in a season ?

Walmart may put together some sort of infrastructure for future use. If I'm expanding at an airport and building a terminal, I'll take a guess at how many gates I'll fill. Are you insinuating that one is stupid for building a 100 gate terminal even if, thus far, they're using one or two gates?

I see you have a few 200 gate terminals with 1% utilisation. Is there any purpose to that?

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

Walmart may put together some sort of infrastructure for future use. If I'm expanding at an airport and building a terminal, I'll take a guess at how many gates I'll fill. Are you insinuating that one is stupid for building a 100 gate terminal even if, thus far, they're using one or two gates?

I see you have a few 200 gate terminals with 1% utilisation. Is there any purpose to that?

It was a test, to see if I could build a terminal with 400 gates..........I could not build one larger than 200, the game won't let me.

And to see if there was any advantage to massively oversupplying a small airport with hundred's of gates that will never be used........there was no advantage.

And answering your other question, I wouldn't build a 200 gate terminal with 10,000 slots in my HQ at O'Hara in Chicago much less in a small town with no passengers.........unless there was a compelling reason to do that. 

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Having worked in retail for a major corporation like Walmart I can testify that they do in fact stock way more product than they need.

Also what he's probably doing is bumping up his valuation because terminals add to that. That's why he has so many with so many gates.

With regards to the 400 gates thing complain to Yuxi or one of the mod staff. Those guys never check the forums anyway.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

Having worked in retail for a major corporation like Walmart I can testify that they do in fact stock way more product than they need.

Also what he's probably doing is bumping up his valuation because terminals add to that. That's why he has so many with so many gates.

With regards to the 400 gates thing complain to Yuxi or one of the mod staff. Those guys never check the forums anyway.

Walmart stocks 50 times more product than needed ??  lol, are we really going to make this about Walmart

This airline now has about 2 million passengers a day, nearly twice the #1 airline on this map ( Air China ) and closing in on 4 times my passengers per day ........all of his airports are in the eastern US and most have from 0 to a few dozen passengers supply and demand per day.

He only has 1 major airport .......Charlotte Douglas, and his airline doesn't even rate there.......it's less than 2% of the market.......I have 21% !

Oh......I already sent Yuxi a mail about this last night.

FlyEvans

FlyEvans

Little boy from New Hampshire

• 122 posts

Guys I found the airline! http://ae31.airline-...e3s4b&player=67

Mr. Aviation Nerd :)

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

That's the one.

Look at Tunica ( UTM ) it has an annual passengers of 80,697 ........but for him it's over 93 million, multiplied it by over 1,150 times..... basically he's turned it into his own personal Atlanta.

And there's many more small towns like that he's manipulated.

All those towns with 400 gates are not adding that much value to his airline......remember, these are small airports that are dirt cheap to build terminals with lots of gates.

No, those 400 gates ( which are not allowed in the game) are part of his cheat.

Nothing strange about that at all.......lol.

Troll    vvvv

DUMBΛSSΛΞRO

DUMBΛSSΛΞRO

PEPPY SHITHEAD

• 136 posts
  • Skype Name:ABSOLUTE TRASH

User's Awards

^ Butthurt.

hMY9hX9.png                                                    

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   

A robotic airline, pun intended, not really sure what pleasure anyone would get out of running such an airline unless of course he, or she, likes annoying other players.

Yuxi could easily put a stop to this by just deleting such airlines, don't give any warning just close them down. They are appearing in more and more worlds. At lease this is a fun world with an endless supply of aircraft, I haven't ordered any yet just rely on the used market. world doesn't last long either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users