Photo

Interference in the 2016 Election

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

In keeping with my policy of "no news on the weekends" I was so eager to flip on NPR for my commute this morning. What I heard was, well, simultaneously unsurprising and intriguing with serious implications for the President-Elect and the two major political parties.

Word on the grapevine is that the CIA (among other of our 17 intelligence agencies) have reached the conclusion that Russians hacked into both the Democratic and Republican National Committee databases, then promptly provided information to aid the candidacy of the President-Elect in the contentious 2016 Election. Why? God knows, but I have to say that the gravity of what the accusations are, who is implicated and the timing makes speculation grossly irresponsible. 

So let's look at what's come out so far. Four senators, two Republican and two Democrat, including John McCain and Chuck Schumer released a statement condemning the action and calling for an investigation. This presumably would be on top of the investigation into the matter already ordered by the Obama administration. Mitch McConnell has also condemned any interference into our democracy, but stopped short of calling for an outright investigation. And the President-Elect's own Chief of Staff has said this should be looked in to. 

Should this be looked in to as a large (and increasing in size) chunk of Washington, notably not including the President-Elect, says that it should. And what does this mean for US-Russian relations which have turned frosty over the past 5 years? I'm actually genuinely interested in what you people think. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
To imagine Hillary made a point of mocking Trump our Great President Elect about how he wouldn't believe the election wasn't rigged if she won but now that he has won she's making a fuss about it XD

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

Andy-J

Andy-J

probably been on here too many years now....oh well

• 158 posts

User's Awards

I doubt even if the election results were tainted that they would be markedly different. Trump really did appeal to those unionists and the middle class white people, who broke down the Blue Wall in the Midwest. 

HOWEVER, would't hurt to investigate. 

-------Andy-J

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I doubt even if the election results were tainted that they would be markedly different. Trump really did appeal to those unionists and the middle class white people, who broke down the Blue Wall in the Midwest. 

Yeah agreed. I doubt Trump was directly colluding with the Russian government to rig the election in his favor.

But with any luck he'll get grilled by Congress for 12 hours straight over this. 

The Best Discord Server

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Michael.

Michael.

Mícheál Ó Ceallaigh

• 215 posts

User's Awards

51    3    5    5      

To imagine Hillary made a point of mocking Trump our Great President Elect about how he wouldn't believe the election wasn't rigged if she won but now that he has won she's making a fuss about it XD

I think people are more concerned with how the intelligence agencies are telling us that the Russians hacked party databases rather than Hillary saying anything

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Yeah this isn't Hillary Clinton or the Clinton campaign who originated these charges, this is Central Intelligence. And I'd assume these guys know what election tampering and rigging looks like considering they've done it so much. Which brings me to my next point which is the sheer irony of this situation considering America's long and storied history of interfering in elections in other countries. Iran, Chile, etc, etc.

The Best Discord Server

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

"Who cares?"

wgOP4y0.jpg

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

"Who cares?"

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

"Who cares?"

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

"Who cares?"

The largest intelligence agency, several Congressional committees, the current administration, the incoming administration's chief of staff, etc. 

Given the fuss your camp raised about voter fraud and election rigging for over a year I'm surprised you don't care more. 

The Best Discord Server

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

The largest intelligence agency, several Congressional committees, the current administration, the incoming administration's chief of staff, etc. 

Given the fuss your camp raised about voter fraud and election rigging for over a year I'm surprised you don't care more. 

Please note my quotes on it. It was a joke.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

The interference is worrying, but the carelessness of those being attacked is worse. Russian hacking did not interfere with the polls themselves, this has been known. Also even though it appears (and is probably true) that the interference was trying to affect it in favor of Trump, it didn't win him the election. The hypocrisy of Obama here is profound, he has made America a sitting duck to attacks. Only when it is politically expedient does he even retaliate. The way we are playing politics with an instance of dire national security is frankly disgusting. key word "we".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users