Photo

AE on mobile phone, whats your thoughts on it?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

ElMenduko

ElMenduko

AE Addict To-Be

• 14 posts

I check AE on my mobile phone every now and then (while having breakfast or while I'm not at home). It is really annoying having to zoom in and out to click every button (it loads the desktop version of the website), but you get slightly used to it. It's good if you need to quickly check your airline, maybe lower fares because of competition or add a few routes. But it is still much, much better to use a computer because of the mouse.

The other issue apart from having to zoom in/out constantly is when you open multiple tabs it's really hard to manage them. For example, sometimes I open tabs with the details of each of my idling aircraft to see their ranges, then another tab with "browse airports", and then some other tabs where I research the routes. It is already kinda messy in a computer (I wish I could see the info of each plane while adding the route, getting rid of most of the clutter) but the cellphone makes it worse because it's much harder to change between tabs.

So, it would be cool if we could get a mobile version of the website that is not cluttered and has easier to tap buttons. Maybe it would require getting rid of some info on some pages or putting it somewhere else though

Still, it is possible to use AE on a cellphone as-is for quick checks, but I wouldn't recommend it for more complicated tasks (setting up IFS for example)

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

I check AE on my mobile phone every now and then (while having breakfast or while I'm not at home). It is really annoying having to zoom in and out to click every button (it loads the desktop version of the website), but you get slightly used to it. It's good if you need to quickly check your airline, maybe lower fares because of competition or add a few routes. But it is still much, much better to use a computer because of the mouse.

The other issue apart from having to zoom in/out constantly is when you open multiple tabs it's really hard to manage them. For example, sometimes I open tabs with the details of each of my idling aircraft to see their ranges, then another tab with "browse airports", and then some other tabs where I research the routes. It is already kinda messy in a computer (I wish I could see the info of each plane while adding the route, getting rid of most of the clutter) but the cellphone makes it worse because it's much harder to change between tabs.

So, it would be cool if we could get a mobile version of the website that is not cluttered and has easier to tap buttons. Maybe it would require getting rid of some info on some pages or putting it somewhere else though

Still, it is possible to use AE on a cellphone as-is for quick checks, but I wouldn't recommend it for more complicated tasks (setting up IFS for example)

Perhaps I'm the one who goes on AE most frequently on my phone. And this is because I don't own a computer and I'm outside of the house most of the day. In my opinion, AE works just fine there.

Denis C.

Denis C.

• 4 posts

I play AE on my cell all the time and its not that bad, I use Puffin web browser free on the Android Store and it has a cool mouse option to help you with clicking so you don't have to be zooming in and out so much. I recommend it to all.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

if your apps are gonna be anything like your liveries, god help us all.

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

lmckeown

lmckeown

• 1 posts

A while back I made a concept art AE%20UI%201.png?raw=1

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

You just revived and spammed an old topic...

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts

You just revived and spammed an old topic...

This part applies to you. The man had something constructive to post.
OT: I think that the suggestion would only really work for iOS, since it really doesn't fit the style of Android. I would make the text larger though, since that is pretty small imho.

image.png

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

This part applies to you. The man had something constructive to post.
OT: I think that the suggestion would only really work for iOS, since it really doesn't fit the style of Android. I would make the text larger though, since that is pretty small imho.

It was a blank post then he changed it! SO GIVE ME A BREAK!

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

It was a blank post then he changed it! SO GIVE ME A BREAK!

Excuses excuses. Why don't you just mind your own business and stop pointing fingers at other peoples flaws while you can't even recognize your own.

BV6atB1.jpg

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

A while back I made a concept art AE%20UI%201.png?raw=1

I actually like this. It's pretty good. If there were any active devs, it would be cool to implement this.

Harris DPO

Harris DPO

More steam, MacPhail!

• 37 posts

A mobile app would be fantastic!  Who knows how to make apps?  :ninja4:

Harris DPO

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

Excuses excuses. Why don't you just mind your own business and stop pointing fingers at other peoples flaws while you can't even recognize your own.

NO.

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

NO.

This is what people mean....

BV6atB1.jpg

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

This is what people mean....

Seriously, what's the point of this comment? I'm not joking, when I saw that guy's post it was BLANK!

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

Seriously, what's the point of this comment? I'm not joking, when I saw that guy's post it was BLANK!

So shut up and wait for your phone to load. Why cant snowflakes have some patience

BV6atB1.jpg

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

So shut up and wait for your phone to load. Why cant snowflakes have some patience

I don't have a phone, I have a computer. And sorry for not waiting, snowman. (If that even is the actual issue)

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

I don't have a phone, I have a computer. And sorry for not waiting, snowman. (If that even is the actual issue)

Ok, your immaturity is getting to be more than just a site meme. "Snowflake" refers to this new generation of kids with no brains who take everything without working towards it and act like little pussies. So, before you try to come up with another playground insult, just ****ing think for once.

BV6atB1.jpg

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Christ almighty and I thought I was salty

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Marb1

Marb1

• 1,782 posts

Ok, your immaturity is getting to be more than just a site meme. "Snowflake" refers to this new generation of kids with no brains who take everything without working towards it and act like little pussies. So, before you try to come up with another playground insult, just ****ing think for once.

Give me a BREAK! You're really a "kid" too...

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

Give me a BREAK! You're really a "kid" too...

Am I legally a "juvenile," yes. Am I considered a "kid" by most of society, no. "Kid" is a term used to describe children who are below puberty or recently entered it. Although there is no set-in-stone definition of "Kid," society tends to determine it as one who is below 13. Can you post something constructive for once rather than s*** that pisses off this community.

BV6atB1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users