2-leg flights (or more!)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Hainan Air

Hainan Air

AE Addict To-Be

• 16 posts

By 2-leged fights, I mean a flight where the destination is too far away to fly direct with the fleet option's operational range. I don't understand why it isn't in the game already because there were many famous connecting journeys within the time frame of Airline Empires worlds. One example is the infamous "Kangaroo Route" which Qantas flew in it's early Lockheed Constellation. This route included 10 or more stops between Sydney and London. 

In airline empires, the only way you can properly make it, is with either an a340-500 or a 777-200LR (I haven't tested the a340 yet), and until then you can't fly it! 

Basically this means that you can have refueling/rest to cut of a long journey into fly-able bits that your specific aircraft can endure.

Anyway, this would be extremely useful and realistic in Airline Empires in my opinion. 

What do you all think?

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

This feature will be added in AE4.

PiggyWhiskey

PiggyWhiskey

AE Player

• 80 posts

Is there any information on a timeframe for AE4?

Has it just started being worked on? or is it close to done?

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

AE4 was like a H Clinton Whitehouse. Beloved by many, however the chance of it existing is slim

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

kingoftheskies

kingoftheskies

I breathe SQ but not their fares :/

• 377 posts

AE4 was like a H Clinton Whitehouse. Beloved by many, however the chance of it existing is slim

Shady.

xkDm6U0.png

aZ0BcgW.png

MGnazId.png

194wCOY.png

C49JvWP.png

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

This feature is nice I like it

However the problem is the big airlines will take over the whole world including the intl routes leaving no room for small airlines

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

Hainan Air

Hainan Air

AE Addict To-Be

• 16 posts

This feature is nice I like it

However the problem is the big airlines will take over the whole world including the intl routes leaving no room for small airlines

That's not the idea. 

It's only a fuel stop for the airline. It would only be credited for it's final destination.

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

That's not the idea. 

It's only a fuel stop for the airline. It would only be credited for it's final destination.

What I am saying is airlines that started in the 1950s will fly all the possible routes, and a lot of new airlines need longhaul route, because the domestic market is likely already full. When the 747 is avaliable, these new airlines can quickly fill routes like PEK-JFK, so this actually makes the game more fair.

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users