Nov 28 Plane Crash in Colombia

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

Is it just me, or is a BAe 146 with payload just simply not able to fly that distance (VVI-MDE)?  How could this flight plan have been approved by somebody?

http://www.theglobea...lick=sf_globefb

Berubium.png

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
Heard about this :| Some people weren't born to plan or even fly flights...

I feel sad for the people who lost their friend,brother,sister,son,daughter,father,mother or even cousin. My prayers are with them.

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

VVI-MDE is about 1600 NM (direct, data from GCMap), an unmodified RJ100 could just make that empty, however a modified RJ100 could make that flight with a ~20,000lbs load. Since it was a charter flight for a football match it is likely most of the load was just pax rather than cargo so it could be presumed the load would be under the weight requirement.

Also I would quite easily say that no airline would knowingly route an aircraft on a flight that was out of its range, and nor would 2 pilots continue a flight if under-fueled.

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
Yeah, but its still cutting it close :nod:

And like so many a/c accidents the payload weight wasn't calculated properly...

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

vsauce

vsauce

travelling at 35 km/h

• 636 posts

User's Awards

scuse me, but the plane crashed so close to the destination after circling multiple times - unlikely that it would be something payload related

09f14b347b.jpg

xjF8rVw.png

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts
It's kind of hard believe today one of my favourite soccer teams, Chapecoense, was destroyed by this terrible and unexpected crash.
Chapecoense isn't my team but the way they reach the final of Sudamericana Cup was amazing; until 2009 they were playing the fourth division and in 4 years they joined the top division and became one of the most popular teams in Brazil. For the first time ever they would play a championship final.

The plane was a Avro RJ85 of bolivian LaMia Airlines (LMI 2933). The plane took off from Viru Viru International Airport (VVI), in Bolivia, and would land in José María Córdova International Airport (MDE), in Colombia. On board were 81 people: 72 passengers (Chapecoense players and staff and journalists) and 9 crew members.

The National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil didn't allowed a non-stop flight from GRU to MDE, and the plane made a stop at VVI.
The causes are unclear so far, but the most possible is a lack of fuel.

Among the victims there some names that must be mentioned:

• Ananias Elói Castro Monteiro, famous in Brazil for score the first goal in Allianz Park (Palmeiras' new stadium) playing against Palmeiras; and for score the goal wich qualified Chapecoense for the final.
  • Bruno Rangel Domingues, one of the top scorers of Brazilian League.
  • Cléber Santana Loureiro, UEFA Europa League champion 2009-10 playing by Atlético Madrid.
  • Marcos Danilo Padilha, one of the best goalkeppers in Brazil; he survived the crash but died at the hospital after a surgery.
  • Dener Assunção Braz, one of the youngest victims; he survived the crash but died on the way to the hospital.
  • Caio Júnior, Chapecoense's coach, former player and one of the top coaches in Brazil.
  • Mário Sérgio Pontes de Paiva, journalist and former player, was champion of the Brazilian League (1979) and of the World Clubs Championship (1983).
  • Victorino Chermont, one of the well-knowed sports reporter in Brazil.

The survivors are Alan Ruschel, Chapecoense player, had a fractured vertebrae; Hélio Hermito Zampier Neto, Chapecoense player, was one of the latest victim found alive; Jakson Follmann, Chapecoense player, had a leg amputated; Ximena Suarez, flight attendant; Rafael Henzel, journalist and Erwin Tumiri, flight technician

It's more sad know that in Brazil, even with the mourning for the crash, there are still political manifestations; manifestants who don't agree with constitutional amendment that limits government spending are throwing molotov cocktails against police and setting fire in cars, in the capital, Brasilia, while the congress votes anti-corruption laws.

Brazilian Football Confederation postponed the Brazil's Cup final (initially scheduled for tomorrow, November 30) and all the Brazilian League last round, for the next week; Brazilian president, Michel Temer declared 3 days of official mourning; Brazilians major teams and some Europeans teams will lend players to Chapecoense can get up again; Atlético Nacional, the other Sudamericana Cup finalist, declared that will give to Chapecoense the Sudamericana title as an honour to all victims; lots of honours to Chapecoense were made around the world.

Last week, Chapecoense played against San Lorenzo by the Sudamericana Cup semi-finals. The match ended 0-0, qualifying Chapecoense to the final. In the last minute, the brazilian goalkeeper Danilo catch an almost impossible kick, a miracle.
Maybe if San Lorenzo scored that goal, Chapecoense fans and the players would be sad. But they would be alive. But, how they would know? They made their jobs, they won, they worked hard for years just for it. But the destiny... well, the destiny is cruel.

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts

scuse me, but the plane crashed so close to the destination after circling multiple times - unlikely that it would be something payload related

Fuel could have run out before calculated since a lighter payload was entered... :)

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
Or it was an inside job :|

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

For the sake of honouring those lost, I'd suggest stopping speculating and let the investigators find the cause of the accident.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

For the sake of honouring those lost, I'd suggest stopping speculating and let the investigators find the cause of the accident.

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
Maybe we should just express condolences instead :)

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

When I posted the article this morning (and read another article about the crash), there was no mention at the time of having circled multiple times.

The article I shared has been heavily edited from its original state this morning.  They now report electrical issues.

Either way, it's unfortunate.  It just seems like a very long flight for a BAe 146.

Berubium.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

hwt8Uma.jpg

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts

My friend is an ACI ( air crash investigator)

And I did.

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
My friend is a biologist who specializes in raptors and other birds of prey. Doesn't make me qualified to speak intelligently and in detail on the subject.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts

My friend is a biologist who specializes in raptors and other birds of prey. Doesn't make me qualified to speak intelligently and in detail on the subject.

Well is your friend personally updating you with updates about how the investigation is coming out???

I'm also taking a course in ACI, so would you like to say anything else???

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

People are so stupid... 70 fatalities because of poor flight planning!?

wgOP4y0.jpg

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

Call me crazy, but I don't feel that trying to figure out how it happened is a dishonour to the people that tragically lost their lives.  I feel bad for what happened & for the families, friends, & fans of these people.  That being said, wanting to understand how & why something bad happened doesn't have to be mutually exclusive with emotions.

Berubium.png

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
https://en.m.wikiped..._by_pilot_error

All Pilot Error Crashes (well almost all) ever recorded. :|

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts

Call me crazy, but I don't feel that trying to figure out how it happened is a dishonour to the people that tragically lost their lives. I feel bad for what happened & for the families, friends, & fans of these people. That being said, wanting to understand how & why something bad happened doesn't have to be mutually exclusive with emotions.

And I'm stating the truth not speculating, I'm saying what is actually being said not just making it up.

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users