Photo

The sad story of Republicans and the Latino vote.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

Ok so I thought it necessary to make thread on this issue. I have been thinking and thinking about the demographics of the elections in the past few decades. One thing came to my attention, Republicans have ****ed up big time. The Hispanic population in this country is growing rapidly,and they are now America's largest minority. Would you be surprised if I told you they're conservative and that they use to vote Republican? Well they still are a mostly conservative demographic, and they did vote Republican. Here is the problem though, Republicans made the immigration issue about people not laws. A population that hold mostly conservative social, economic, and political views has been slighted by the GOP. The Democrats have swept in at this reality, making Hispanics feel marginalized and pulling a victim vote. Even though Trump received an almost historic 25+ percentage point Latino vote, the reality remains it is a Democrat demographic. Democrats treat the Latino vote as a commodity, as seen in the DNC emails. However, this doesn't seem to matter to a community that has been hurt at the expense of a dire need for policy change. Inaction on immigration has made rhetoric for Republicans incendiary, hateful, even racist. In this thread I'm calling for a reversal in republican mentality. Stop marginalizing Hispanics and bet on their promisingly conservative values. You won't regret it.    

Andy-J

Andy-J

probably been on here too many years now....oh well

• 158 posts

User's Awards

You're not wrong...but AE might not be the place to petition the GOP.

-------Andy-J

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

shorten-mili-combo-large_trans++qVzuuqpF

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
The Democrats really need to their message to be of the people, by the people and for the people. Instead of by a bunch of complacent power hungry sociopaths, by complacent sociopaths, for consumption by the people. They ran an establishment candidate in an anti-establishment year, any political operative could see that endeavor was doomed from the start.

That said, the GOP is staking its future on declining demographics.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

I couldn't agree more. Election day was sad day for those of us who care for this country (no matter who won). However, it told us a whole lot about where this country is headed. Both parties are failing dramatically. It seems the end should be near for both of the parties, but knowing our system their end will be the country's also.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Honestly, the Democrats can **** off for its blatant corruption. The Republicans can **** off for immediately selling out to Trump. Trump can **** off for immediately selling out to the Republicans. Hillary can **** off for selling out to the banks then trying to convince us that she cares about the little guy. The Libertarians can **** off because they're trying to do what Abe Lincoln did and failing every 4 years. And the Greens can **** off because their candidate believes vaccines are bad. 

The American people can **** off for not caring about who their leaders are, instead caring only about what they are. Our entire nation needs to do a little soul searching. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

a797ee3b96c8647eedd3c85ba35a69f7fef2cc68

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Andy-J

Andy-J

probably been on here too many years now....oh well

• 158 posts

User's Awards

I couldn't agree more. Election day was sad day for those of us who care for this country (no matter who won). However, it told us a whole lot about where this country is headed. Both parties are failing dramatically. It seems the end should be near for both of the parties, but knowing our system their end will be the country's also.

I think the parties aren't going to end, but rather just undergo change. Republicans won't be classical conservatives for much longer, but a populist nationalist party, with conservative leanings. The Democrats are probably going to try to go farther left (think Sanders left) next year.

-------Andy-J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users