• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

InactiveUser#

InactiveUser#

Copy & Paste

• 479 posts

User's Awards

Hello everyone!

After getting a lot of positive feedback on my previous post regarding the idea to create an alliance for real life airlines in AE, I have now taken the idea to the next step and I am happy to announce that the alliance is under planning and will be launched very soon! I have already come up with a name and I am currently working on designing a logo and a branding for the alliance. We will open for member applications sometime during November. More about this later in the post. Now I would like to present and share my thoughts and plans for this alliance and what I want to achieve with it.  

The idea behind this alliance

As I mentioned in my previous post, I know that many people (including myself) enjoys to play AE with a real life airline because it is a fun and challenging way to play the game since you have to keep the airline realistic, you have to keep and maintain the airlines good reputation and service, you have to try compete in a market you may not know very well, you have to expand the operation to new markets (in a realistic way) and at the same time compete with other airlines in the game. The main idea behind the alliance is to unite and gather players that plays with a real life airlines in AE so we can team up, cooperate and play together. One of our long term goals is to make this alliance a social and friendly alliance with a good and well-behaved community. 

Keep a realistic profile 

We want to keep this alliance and the members airlines as realistic as possible. It doesen`t mean that everything has to be exact the same as in real life, but we want to keep a realistic profile and play in a realistic way to the extent it`s possible. We are open for a little bit of freedom and it`s up to the members of the alliance to decide how much freedom is allowed. As said, we want to keep things as realistic as possible, but at the same time we don`t want things to be so strict that it isn`t fun to play. Then the whole point of this is gone. But USE COMMON SENSE and then everything should be alright. 

We work together as partners, not competitors 

Sometimes competition is good, but like in a real life alliance, members within an alliance work together as partners and not competitors. Partners cooperate and works together and solves problems with solutions that both parts benefits from. This ideal is something that we want to encourage all members to do when playing. Don`t compete another member out on a route for own intentions and instead talk together and find a strategic solution that both parts can benefit from. And here is a suggestion on how to solve a problem like this ... 

Codeshare flights anyone? Let`s make it possible! 

One thing we want to try out is codeshare flights, a feature that most AE players wants and that haven`t been implemented in the game yet. But it is still possible to do so with mutual agreement between two or more members/airlines on a certain route. This is something that we hope to try out and we believe this can be successful with a close partnership and communication. We will ensure to make an easy way for members to initiate a codeshare on a route. 

Long term plan

We believe this alliance has a great potential to become something big since it`s different from any other alliances in AE since we put our focus and base our strategy around realism and cooperation. Our long term plan is to grow the alliance and make it a social and friendly alliance with a nice, good and well-behaved community where we treat each other with respect and dignity. We encourage all our members to share and follow our ideals. We hope that this will be the start of something great and we hope that you want to join and be a part of this! 

Member applications

We will open for member applications sometime during November, but at the moment we don`t have a specific date so stay tuned for that! Meanwhile you can prepare yourself and in order to join the alliance you have to send in an application form. This is some of the questions you will have to answer in the application:

APPLICATION FORM:
  • Nationality?: Just so we have an overview of where all the members are from. 
  • Why do you want to join the alliance?
  • Why should we accept you?
  • What can you contribute to the alliance?
  • Which airline do you intend to use? Lao Airlines & Lufthansa is already taken! All airlines from all over the world are welcome. Both small and big airlines are welcome to join the alliance. Size doesen`t matter. 
  • How long have you played AE? How experienced are you?
  • Have you played as a real life airline before? If yes, which airline(s)?
  • Do you have your own airline and play with it? If yes, which airline(s)?
  • Are you a member of another alliance?

Your application will then be reviewed. If it`s accepted: Welcome onboard!  If not, you will get a second chance to convince us to why we should let you join our alliance. More detailed information will be shared when the member application opens. 

Rules 

To make the alliance go around without any problems and run into unnecessary conflicts, we have to set a few rules that applies for all members that they have to follow. I will put some of our suggestions down below and you are welcome to give your opinion about them. If you want to suggest additional rules, change some of the current rules suggested or just simply remove any of the rules (you have to give a reasonable reason) then you can post it as comment down below and it will be taken into consideration. Only serious suggestions will be considered.  

Heres the list: 

1. Your airline has to exist in real life. Defunct airlines are not allowed.

2. No one can run the same airline at the same time. 

3. You have to use the same fleet.
  4. You have to use the same cabin class configuration. 

5. Seat configuration must be realistic and equivalent to real life.
  6. You must build up MOST of their exact route network before you can expand to new destinations.  

7. You must have a realistic utilization, somewhere between 9-15. Exceptions can be made for small airlines with mostly low demand routes where the only thing that keeps the airline going is to fully utilize the aircraft, then it`s okay. Short said, there must be a valid reason.
  8. In flight service (IFS) has to be equivalent to real life.

9. Also in flight entertainment (IFE) should be equivalent to real life.
  10. You can run maximum of 2 airlines, including subsidiaries
  11. Subsidiaries must be run as a separate airline. 
  12. If you decide to leave the alliance then you have to tell and notify the alliance leaders. A reason for the decision to leave would be appreciated. 
  13. Need to take a break from AE for a longer period of time? Then you have to tell and notify the alliance leader. Any reason is acceptable and you don`t have to tell us the reason. 
  14. You have to use the real:
  • Logo
  • Livery
  • Slogan

Also a short and informative text in the description box (it`s optional) about the airline is something that would a positive thing. 

1. When you represent our alliance in game or in the forums you have to remember that you represent us and that unpleasant and inappropriate behavior is not acceptable and can lead to a ban from the alliance. 
  2.  We are friends and partners - not competitors and enemies. 
  3.  Use common sense! 

We hope that there is still a lot of interest for this alliance and we want you to contribute with your opinions and suggestions on how the alliance should be formed and run. Now you have the opportunity so don`t let it slip away. 

Founder of Universal Alliance 

post-80164-0-06445100-1517860438_thumb.p           

InactiveUser#

InactiveUser#

Copy & Paste

• 479 posts

User's Awards

A more in-depth explanation of the rules will be added when the alliance is launched. If something is unclear or you have any questions, then just ask and I will answer. 

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

So like every copy of "skyteam" "oneworld" and "star alliance" ??

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Could Zipp stop posting using his "USUAL" non topic related personal problems.

Good Job Veho. Hoping to apply anytime soon.

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

InactiveUser#

InactiveUser#

Copy & Paste

• 479 posts

User's Awards

No, not at all. This alliance will strictly only be for real life airlines (e.g Thai Airways, SAS, Ryanair, Etihad Airways etc.) and our primary goal is to bring real life aviation and realism into the game where our focus is to play in a realistic way (to a certain degree). We want to have an alliance where members can more easily partner up, play together and cooperate by initiating strategic partnerships (in form of codeshare flights and/or open hubs at certain airports for connecting pax) like real life alliances does. By doing this we hope to bring a new and social way to play AE where strategic partnerships and cooperation is the alliance`s main ideal. So this alliance will not just be another Skyteam, OneWorld or Star Alliance and we already have a lot of positive feedback and support from the AE community. 

Could Zipp stop posting using his "USUAL" non topic related personal problems.

Good Job Veho. Hoping to apply anytime soon.

Thank you very much for your support Steam. We are glad to see that you want to apply. Member applications will be opened sometime during November. 

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

SvensonNL1

• 13 posts

Sounds good. I'm game! I like it too when it comes as close to reality as possible. 

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

No, not at all. This alliance will strictly only be for real life airlines (e.g Thai Airways, SAS, Ryanair, Etihad Airways etc.) and our primary goal is to bring real life aviation and realism into the game where our focus is to play in a realistic way (to a certain degree). We want to have an alliance where members can more easily partner up, play together and cooperate by initiating strategic partnerships (in form of codeshare flights and/or open hubs at certain airports for connecting pax) like real life alliances does. By doing this we hope to bring a new and social way to play AE where strategic partnerships and cooperation is the alliance`s main ideal. So this alliance will not just be another Skyteam, OneWorld or Star Alliance and we already have a lot of positive feedback and support from the AE community. 

Thank you very much for your support Steam. We are glad to see that you want to apply. Member applications will be opened sometime during November. 

Are Applications open? Then El Al is ready to join. 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

tom.

tom.

something soon.

• 765 posts
By the codesharing do you mean splitting a route 50/50?

I like everything! :thumbup:

Just tell me if you need a brander :)

SKYWORLD ALLIANCE™ | Founder & Former CEO

UW | Former Member

b0UuKp1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users