Photo

Best long-haul airline from Europe to Asia?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Donski

Donski

Cleared for takeoff.. RWY 24L.

• 39 posts

Hi guys, how are you doing?

I was wondering what your opinion is about the best or just a good airline which flies long-haul routes from Europe to Asia and back of course ;).

I prefer to fly KLM or Emirates. They both have a great fleet, friendly staff and comfortable cabins. 

I am looking forward to hear your opinions. Have a nice day!

Founder & CEO of       

Founder & CEO of 

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

I've flown with Garuda and KLM, both in economy. They are both very good.

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

I would suggest you try Etihad Airways. They are one of the best and you will surely regret if you don't fly with them. They have the best continental cuisine in Economy and also are rated 5 STAR by Skytrax. They also have lots of discounts and reasonable fares.  

AE's unofficial Etihad Representative.  

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Personally, I'd recommend Emirates, as I've flown with them and found the service outstanding (that is, if you can stand 3-4-3 in a 777) another option, though long, is Qantas. They are by far my favourite airline.

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
If you catch an Oman Air A333 then it is amazing, due to 8 abreast configuration with 34 inch seat pitch. Makes upgrading to business seem pointless.

Donski

Donski

• 39 posts

I would suggest you try Etihad Airways. They are one of the best and you will surely regret if you don't fly with them. They have the best continental cuisine in Economy and also are rated 5 STAR by Skytrax. They also have lots of discounts and reasonable fares.  

AE's unofficial Etihad Representative.  

Haha, thanks for your addition. I have seen Etihad many times while searching for tickets with a good price indeed. Maybe for my next flight..

Founder & CEO of       

Founder & CEO of 

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Haha, thanks for your addition. I have seen Etihad many times while searching for tickets with a good price indeed. Maybe for my next flight..

Oman Air is not expensive either, often up to 20% cheaper than Emirates. The A330 really is very comfortable

Donski

Donski

• 39 posts

Oman Air is not expensive either, often up to 20% cheaper than Emirates. The A330 really is very comfortable

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Founder & CEO of       

Founder & CEO of 

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Economy class is pretty much exactly the same on every airline, barring LCCs like AirAsia and British Airways. Fly whoever is the cheapest/who has the best schedule. If someone flies Non-stop, fly them.

UbxSbIt.png

Donski

Donski

• 39 posts

Thanks for your addition. Unfortunately AirAsia doesn't fly to Europe. It would be great if they did though. Indeed best option is choosing for the one who flies with the best schedule and for the best price.

Founder & CEO of       

Founder & CEO of 

InactiveUser#

InactiveUser#

Copy & Paste

• 479 posts

User's Awards

I have only flown with Thai Airways in economy class, but they are very good in my opinion. Reasonable ticket prices, good on-board service, nice food, good IFE with a wide selection of movies, music etc. , friendly staff, stylish cabin and a beautiful livery. :)  

Founder of Universal Alliance 

post-80164-0-06445100-1517860438_thumb.p           

Donski

Donski

• 39 posts

Yeah, I am probably going to Thailand next year, so maybe Thai Airways is a good idea. Unfortunately no departures from Amsterdam which I prefer to go from. For Thai I need to go to Brussels or Germany first.

Founder & CEO of       

Founder & CEO of 

lakhbirsingh

lakhbirsingh

AE Player

• 41 posts

my family stopped flying with Singapore Airlines due to their service standards; we moved over to Emirates and have not looked back.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

my family stopped flying with Singapore Airlines due to their service standards; we moved over to Emirates and have not looked back.

That is unfortunate Lakhbirsingh, but my last 2 long haul flights out of Sydney have been with Singapore Airlines in economy and the service for me, was efficient, satisfying and warmly. Pretty much have become my 1st choice airlines between Europe and Sydney when i need to fly. I would recommend them to anyone, but i guess some people expect a first class type experience in Economy, which wont happen.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

That is unfortunate Lakhbirsingh, but my last 2 long haul flights out of Sydney have been with Singapore Airlines in economy and the service for me, was efficient, satisfying and warmly. Pretty much have become my 1st choice airlines between Europe and Sydney when i need to fly. I would recommend them to anyone, but i guess some people expect a first class type experience in Economy, which wont happen.

Singapore Airlines is good. I support Stro for what he said that you can NEVER get first class in Eco. but Gulf carriers have the money to expand more "quickly" then the rest of the world. I mean Emirates and Etihad. I would say Qatar Airways is "no good".  

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I support Stro for what he said 

suck-up-frye.jpg?w=610

also did you just assume a gender???

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Donski

Donski

• 39 posts

Of course you can't expect first- or business class experiences while you paid and fly economy. But there are many differences between airlines by example the legroom, catering and service. I've have seen that many people are satisfied after flying with Singapore. Now that they fly daily with their brand new A350 on the AMS - SIN route makes it more attractive to fly with them.

Founder & CEO of       

Founder & CEO of 

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Of course you can't expect first- or business class experiences while you paid and fly economy. But there are many differences between airlines by example the legroom, catering and service. I've have seen that many people are satisfied after flying with Singapore. Now that they fly daily with their brand new A350 on the AMS - SIN route makes it more attractive to fly with them.

No doubt i agree with that, but some people just have high expectations, even in economy. Luckily with Singapore Airlines, they are still flying 9 abreast on their 777 fleet and on the A380s, economy just feel so enjoyable, at least to me. And now with the A350s coming online and adding Premium Economy, it will give people more choice.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Donski

Donski

• 39 posts

No doubt i agree with that, but some people just have high expectations, even in economy. Luckily with Singapore Airlines, they are still flying 9 abreast on their 777 fleet and on the A380s, economy just feel so enjoyable, at least to me. And now with the A350s coming online and adding Premium Economy, it will give people more choice.

Defintely. Would like to try them soon.

Founder & CEO of       

Founder & CEO of 

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

If you only care about fare then go for Aeroflot

If you want better service go for ANA/JAL/Emirates/Singapore

If you want balance go for Hainan Airlines

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg