Photo

Realistic Aircraft Layouts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

hedgeaf

hedgeaf

AE Player

• 41 posts

Have been trying to work this out for some time, obviously drawn on wikipedia and seat guru but now decided to go one further and actually sketch them out (using Seat Guru as a template.

So, as I'm generous and aiming (one day!) for a high end, high service airline, am planning following seat types:

First (open suite), 85" pitch, 22" wide

Business (flat bed), 78" pitch, 20" wide

Economy (recliner), 34" pitch, 18-18.5" wide

I've concentrated on the widebody types as that's my current airline. I have based it on the AE modelling on pax numbers at 2% F, 12% C and 86% Y - which is much less F/C provision than real airlines but there is no way to "buck the market" here so have designed accordingly.

Most seat maps are based on 31" Economy, by counting the rows and diving the length by my 34", gives me a rough estimate of how many of the more generous rows would fit. I've used BA as the template mostly bar the A333 using Virgin.

I worked out an average "total seat length" per type by comparing total seat @ pitches for 4 different mainstream airlines per type, 744 has 14000inches, 773 has 12900, 772 has 10400, A333 has 10100 and 763 has 7400. Interestingly the 772 is only marginally more than the A333.

At the moment I've got a problem, am quite happy with B744, B773, B763E compared to "real" configs, but am left wondering how I've got more seats in a A333 than a B772 having expected latter to have a slight uplift. Even with fewer C class! The 2 cabins are according to wiki the same length, so with 9 abreast in Economy why is it less ?

- my layout does have a "bar" and with galley/loos is perhaps less efficient up front?

- I've grabbed the C 2-2-2 from the BA 763 which should thus scale to the A333 width pretty closely. Although I note I've got 2 rows of beds, 4 rows of BA opposite seats in each yet the A333 F/C section finishes significantly ahead of the wing, which is I assume why more Y fit in. Perhaps got my F/C scaling wrong?

anyway, any thoughts?

Edit: hadn't changed totals on all pics.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users