AE 4.0 Release Sequence

- - - - - AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

og EKPO

og EKPO

Longtime AE Player

• 100 posts

I believe that releasing AE4 as a huge package of new updates rather as small updates one at a time isn't the solution for Airline-Empires.

Firstly, players will be shocked by the sudden change of game mechanics. Things may be in chaos for a while after a huge update, and I mean for a long while. Eventually, people will have to play more realistically. However, a bug-full AE4 would be a nightmare, as the coders would have to find all the glitches that are in the system while there are a million updates to everything.

Secondly, releasing AE4 as a set of updates rather than a package will prevent the coders of the game from prolonging the finish date for AE4 as players keep wanting more features. I recommend that the coders of the game would release features in the following order, from most impacting gameplay to least:

-Role-Based Airline Management (this would set in the place the foundation for the rest of the updates. Players in a role would concentrate on certain parts of the airline, as you said in your topic about the said update, and players could also have a simplified version if working by themselves.)

-Fluctuating fuel costs (this will kill a LOT of the airlines operating Soviet-era planes. Also, this update would greatly increase the need for aircraft efficiency. Fuel costs could be real-life or made-up.)

-Real Connecting Pax (I'm assuming that this is one of the harder updates to do. The release of real connecting pax would suddenly a magnitude of airline types to be viable, mostly being the types reliant on the hub-and-spoke model, and would greatly enhance gameplay.)

-Airline Hours Pooling...

And so on.

I will add to this.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Yuxi, the main (and only?) coder of the game has a life too. He's not always on here....

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Pilot8

Pilot8

AE's friendly Indian

• 548 posts

Yuxi, the main (and only?) coder of the game has a life too. He's not always on here....

true

allure | ascend

Posted Image

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I see your point, however, this would be timely. If we had a few more active devs, we could probably take this down (like War Thunder), but it's costly in terms of time.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Frankly speaking I DO NOT think AE 4 would be out even by 2020, Why? Yuxi has a life outside this Airline Management game and he would need a lot of time to work since member demands are growing and also is the backload. He would need a lot of coding and data transferred into the servers.  

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Saeed25

Saeed25

Aviation Enthusiast

• 15 posts

Frankly speaking I DO NOT think AE 4 would be out even by 2020, Why? Yuxi has a life outside this Airline Management game and he would need a lot of time to work since member demands are growing and also is the backload. He would need a lot of coding and data transferred into the servers.  

I agree, and we got to be patient on this . I dont know a lot about Yuxi , but I know that he is the developer of AE and for me, he did a great job developing this game . This is simply the best Airline Management online game ever (in my opinion) .

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

since member demands are growing

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty much every suggestion I've seen in the last year (maybe longer) has already been suggested before.

To the OP, I assume AE 4.0 is such a complete overhaul that it can't be one new feature here & there.  It's essentially a new game.

Berubium.png

namika

namika

*restarting*

• 688 posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty much every suggestion I've seen in the last year (maybe longer) has already been suggested before.

To the OP, I assume AE 4.0 is such a complete overhaul that it can't be one new feature here & there.  It's essentially a new game.

Yeah Thats True.

aDarRVC.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users