Photo

Name an airline who you've flown with who you think nobody else on the forum has flown with.

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Tailwind Airlines and Nouvelair

wow!

A220

A220

A220 ftw

• 327 posts

Athens Airways

57317.jpg

1722747.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.../Athens_Airways

BV6atB1.jpg

zelalemon

zelalemon

immature

• 116 posts

I didn't read the whole thread, but the smallest one I've ever flown is Piedmont Airlines (not the airline that merged with USAir, but the former US Airways affiliate that flew Dash-8s out of CLT and maybe PHL/PIT)

CLT, BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, ALB, BDL, SYR, HPN, EWN, RDU, PHL, ATL, CVG, MCO, DCA, IAD, BWI, MDW, HOU, DFW, PHX, DEN, BZN, FAT, SAN, LAX, BUR, SBA, SFO, SEA, ANC, KOA, MTJ, MBJ, SXM, CUN, PVR, YVR, SJO, JNB, LLW, LGW

A319, A320, A321, A333, A346, B734, B738, B752, B762, CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E145, E170, E190, DH8B

AWE, AAL, DAL, UAL, SAA, SWA

reubin

reubin

• 9 posts

I didn't read the whole thread, but the smallest one I've ever flown is Piedmont Airlines (not the airline that merged with USAir, but the former US Airways affiliate that flew Dash-8s out of CLT and maybe PHL/PIT)

Sorry to disappoint, but I've also flown Piedmont Dash-8 on PHL-SYR in 2013 back when they used to fly US Airways Express

bobster808

bobster808

• 6 posts

User's Awards

I've flown with coastal

Coastal aviation (tanzania)

bobster808

bobster808

• 6 posts

User's Awards

Air Transport International

World Airways

Aloha Airlines

I've flown on Aloha, I rather miss them

HanTseng

HanTseng

AE Luver

• 335 posts

User's Awards

21    7    6    3   

Eva Air.

China Airlines.

Transasia Airways.

post-80164-0-49508800-1518631495.png

BV6atB1.png

vxfPiWg.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Eva Air.

China Airlines.

Transasia Airways.

I know other's on the forums who have flown EVA. and China.

kingoftheskies

kingoftheskies

I breathe SQ but not their fares :/

• 377 posts

Eva Air.

China Airlines.

Transasia Airways.

Quite common tbh

xkDm6U0.png

aZ0BcgW.png

MGnazId.png

194wCOY.png

C49JvWP.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Quite common tbh

TransAsia not as much but the other two yeah.

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Those are actually the same airline :P

UbxSbIt.png

zelalemon

zelalemon

immature

• 116 posts

Those are actually the same airline :P

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Piedmont Airlines was just a name they gave to their affiliate in memorial and has no actual connection to the old one. (Similar to Frontier not actually being the old Frontier)

CLT, BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, ALB, BDL, SYR, HPN, EWN, RDU, PHL, ATL, CVG, MCO, DCA, IAD, BWI, MDW, HOU, DFW, PHX, DEN, BZN, FAT, SAN, LAX, BUR, SBA, SFO, SEA, ANC, KOA, MTJ, MBJ, SXM, CUN, PVR, YVR, SJO, JNB, LLW, LGW

A319, A320, A321, A333, A346, B734, B738, B752, B762, CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E145, E170, E190, DH8B

AWE, AAL, DAL, UAL, SAA, SWA

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

My ones are as follows.

GoAir

Vistara

GoAir because they are an awful airline and nobody in their right mind would choose to fly with them. Awful legroom, awful interiors, poor seat comfort. Meal service is extortionately priced even by indian airline standards (and that is saying something, considering the relatively wealthy people who fly in India). 

Vistara because they are very new and are not operating many routes as of yet. It was a genuine pleasure to fly with them, and despite being in economy, the crew paid genuine attention to every single person they served, despite having a heavy workload for a 2 hour flight. Seat comfort was not great (lower back support was excessive), but legroom was pretty good (around Emirates level, thanks to the slim seats, but actually 2 inches less seat pitch). They have onboard entertainment streaming, which I forgot to check :P , but I will not hesitate to fly with them again. Because all their flights (pretty much) fly to Delhi, I doubt many on here will have flown with them. I cannot wait for them to start long haul flights to London. My parents were less impressed, but I thought it was well worth the extra money (about 600 INR, which was quite a lot compared to flying on Indigo for 3k). 

Suicide entries

Easyjet (of course everyone has flown this crappy barely one above ryanair airline).

Air India (potentially)

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Piedmont Airlines was just a name they gave to their affiliate in memorial and has no actual connection to the old one. (Similar to Frontier not actually being the old Frontier)

It's convoluted, but essentially the current Piedmont is the old regional affiliate of the original Piedmont.

https://en.wikipedia...edmont_Airlines

UbxSbIt.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

My ones are as follows.

GoAir

Vistara

GoAir because they are an awful airline and nobody in their right mind would choose to fly with them. Awful legroom, awful interiors, poor seat comfort. Meal service is extortionately priced even by indian airline standards (and that is saying something, considering the relatively wealthy people who fly in India). 

Vistara because they are very new and are not operating many routes as of yet. It was a genuine pleasure to fly with them, and despite being in economy, the crew paid genuine attention to every single person they served, despite having a heavy workload for a 2 hour flight. Seat comfort was not great (lower back support was excessive), but legroom was pretty good (around Emirates level, thanks to the slim seats, but actually 2 inches less seat pitch). They have onboard entertainment streaming, which I forgot to check :P , but I will not hesitate to fly with them again. Because all their flights (pretty much) fly to Delhi, I doubt many on here will have flown with them. I cannot wait for them to start long haul flights to London. My parents were less impressed, but I thought it was well worth the extra money (about 600 INR, which was quite a lot compared to flying on Indigo for 3k). 

Suicide entries

Easyjet (of course everyone has flown this crappy barely one above ryanair airline).

Air India (potentially)

I've flown Air india. Go Air is terrible, but I'd say that IndiGo is worse. Still, Indian low-cost carriers are, IMO, the worst, because not only do they nickel-and-dime you like regular carriers, but they also give you food poisoning from the buy-on-board :P Not a joke, I actually got food poisoning from two different IndiGo flights.

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

does backrupt airlines count? airberlin

I know it was rather common, but since it is liquidated, I can safely say I have flown in bankrupt airlines. Actually just two months ago, and I had a thread in the trip report section regarding the airberlin tour. Not surprised to see them go to backrupt.

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I've flown Air india. Go Air is terrible, but I'd say that IndiGo is worse. Still, Indian low-cost carriers are, IMO, the worst, because not only do they nickel-and-dime you like regular carriers, but they also give you food poisoning from the buy-on-board :P Not a joke, I actually got food poisoning from two different IndiGo flights.

Well, I guess my immunity is pretty strong then :P . I lived in India for 6 years and ate from some questionable outlets at the time, but never fell ill. GoAir is the only airline in India where I (5ft 6 inches tall) struggle for legroom. All of the others were absolutely fine.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Well, I guess my immunity is pretty strong then :P . I lived in India for 6 years and ate from some questionable outlets at the time, but never fell ill. GoAir is the only airline in India where I (5ft 6 inches tall) struggle for legroom. All of the others were absolutely fine.

Yeah well - I ate at a street vendor a couple of times (eek), but I was fine. :D Never flown GoAir, but I heard that it was similar to IndiGo

JP.

JP.

The resident Dutch Belgian

• 1,384 posts

User's Awards

Yeah well - I ate at a street vendor a couple of times (eek), but I was fine. :D Never flown GoAir, but I heard that it was similar to IndiGo

No.

DWA_10_years_sig.png

YAjRqwL.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

If you didn't feel even slightly unwell, this wasn't a true indian street vendor. The roadside 'dhabas', informal restaurants that are typically family run, don't charge very much and are typically not great for hygiene are the ones I am talking about. Those are far worse than lcc plane food trust me. You have to be very careful. Anyway, hopefully you get to fly Vistara next time you go to India. If you are going into delhi, consider it. It's worth the extra money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users