• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   

Well if you have zero social commitments, are Not in Education, Employment or Training, or any other of a variety of reasons which lead you to having a lot of free time then it's not so difficult. Seems boring as all hell though.

Since I'm retired suppose in theory I could find the time to play a bore game but no way would I want to. It is a flaw in the game that if you open so many hubs you get an unlimited supply of connecting passengers. A restriction on the number of hubs you can open would put an end to it

sikjoven

sikjoven

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

User's Awards

I figured having a 200 gate terminal would be a plus for valuation, but does having 200 gates actually provide more connecting passengers?

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

A 200 gate terminal offers the most potential towards valuation, so is valued higher than, say, a 100-gate terminal (especially if you hubify that airport)

Naturally, the more gates you actually end up using, the higher the REALIZED potential.

Note that at minimum, you should buy 33 getes to a terminal, as the committee offers the lowest lease terms for 33 gates or more.

But you raise an interesting question - what DOES provide more connecting passengers?

Answer: the greater the number of passengers that traverse through an airport  from all players combined, the larger the number of connecting passengers - plus, this number snowballs as time goes by.  This total number is apparently apportioned among each of the alliances that traverse said airport, and then apportioned again amongst the individual players that fly to/from that airport.  BUT ONLY IF SOME ALLIANCE MEMBER ACTUALLY HAS A HUB THERE.

The effect magnifies if more than one alliance member has a hub at the same airport or airports, and this magnification is increased for each additional alliance member having that hub.

What would be interesting is if every player was in the same super-allince, and every player hubified every airport in his/her home country.  Then I suspect that each player would be able to eventually fly 20-25 planes using all available 140 hrs for every route he/she flew on.  Which would ultimately translate to probably 50 to 100 million dollars DOP per route daily, at least as far as economy class passengers are concerned.  I personally don't bother with business and first-class passengers, but that's just my personal preference, as it simplifies things for me.

sikjoven

sikjoven

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

User's Awards

Have you toyed with the idea of adding in pure F or C pax flights in with the routes offering the most connections? Instead of mixed seating.

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Sadly, iquit, for a few spamliners that doesn't actually work

He wouldn't have called it destructive if it doesn't work, would he?

However, I forgot to mention step 7:repeat step 4 & 5 every time he logs out.

This is only for america right?

On the contrary, you only have to do this if you're in a secondary country.

There're many other easier ways to top the rank if you play US.

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

He wouldn't have called it destructive if it doesn't work, would he?

However, I forgot to mention step 7:repeat step 4 & 5 every time he logs out.

On the contrary, you only have to do this if you're in a secondary country.

There're many other easier ways to top the rank if you play US.

Please contribute then :)

Ashcreek115

Ashcreek115

AE Player

• 26 posts

Sooooooo.
I am trying my hand at this and don't fully understand. I am trying the Phillipines, and so the play is spam routes connecting everywhere to hubs in Manila and Cebu, and any other Filipino airport to Manila and Cebu. At that point I have enough connecting pax that I can switch to just using them for profit? I tried spamming Manila to Cebu, but had to set prices low to fill seats. And when I tried a Cebu to LAX connection I got... SOME connecting pax, but not much. What am I missing? (oh and I am using Scam IFS)

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Sooooooo.
I am trying my hand at this and don't fully understand. I am trying the Phillipines, and so the play is spam routes connecting everywhere to hubs in Manila and Cebu, and any other Filipino airport to Manila and Cebu. At that point I have enough connecting pax that I can switch to just using them for profit? I tried spamming Manila to Cebu, but had to set prices low to fill seats. And when I tried a Cebu to LAX connection I got... SOME connecting pax, but not much. What am I missing? (oh and I am using Scam IFS)

The Phillipines isn’t really large enough to sustain a #1 spamline. It’s best to start in the US, China, or the EU after 2000.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

Thatflyerguy

Thatflyerguy

AE Addict

• 208 posts

User's Awards

Sooooooo.

nooo dont be a spamliner 

msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

Ashcreek115

Ashcreek115

AE Player

• 26 posts

The Phillipines isn’t really large enough to sustain a #1 spamline. It’s best to start in the US, China, or the EU after 2000.

Sad.

Didn't stop me from trying lol

Ashcreek115

Ashcreek115

AE Player

• 26 posts

nooo dont be a spamliner 

Dw this was just a test for 1 world. I don't plan on doing it again, I can't wrap my head around how it works lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R1, R5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users