How to win this game by valuation

R1 R5

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Because winning can be a subjective experience. My little airlines bring me as much joy and satisfaction as your monstrosity. 

So we should all just focus on creating the airlines we want to create. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Why don't we just make happy little airlines?

Competing versus 280-290 "little airlines" is not fun... :)

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Competing versus 280-290 "little airlines" is not fun... :)

Competing against 280-290 unrealistic airlines is also not fun, except for you.

wgOP4y0.jpg

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Competing against 280-290 unrealistic airlines is also not fun, except for you.

If there's a challenge - it's fun, if not - not :)

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

Since this game does absolutely nothing to cater to realism save for political restrictions in the R- and S- worlds, I would say that it is totally unrealistic to reasonably "expect" a large numbers of players to play realistically - instead of worrying or trying to dictate how other players do/should play, just play how you like and compete on whatever terms you set for yourself.

But if you want to gun for that 1st place trophy, use every tool available to you and play aggressively and intensely.

This game is specifically designed so that every tool and strategy available to you is fair game.

If you don't like things this way, you will find this game increasingly unappealing to you as time goes by and you will be unhappy.

Those so-called "spamliners" many of you misguidedly hate aren't going away - the vast majority of those "spamliners" completely ignore you and never participate in the forums.  They just quietly and relentlessly go about the business of ranking for valuation.

Because that ~IS~ the game - no question about it.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

This is only for america right? because I started in India and got to top valuation and held it for about 15-20 years with 2100 aircraft and 3300 routes.

This is a good model for USA if you want to win with #1 valuation though.

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

This is only for america right? because I started in India and got to top valuation and held it for about 15-20 years with 2100 aircraft and 3300 routes.

This is a good model for USA if you want to win with #1 valuation though.

It's valid pretty much for any reasonable sized country

Krait

Krait

• 7 posts

User's Awards

2    6   

Something I always wondered about... As someone who tries to place an airline in the top ten without resorting to gaming the system too much (no scam IFS, no connecting pax abuse) every now nd then, I always wonder how the hell spamliners do what they do. It takes quite a bit of my time just playing the 'regular' way for me, and I don't really find it all that exciting to set up and defend routes, it all becoming a chore way before reaching even 1000 planes. I can't even imagine spending the time to set up thousands of planes. Do they really spend so many dozens of hours on this in all honesty rather bland game, or are they using some sort of, uhm,  'assistance' to set up routes (which of course they couldn't admit, but...)

Also...

5) How many seats to allocate: As a reference you can allocate up to 10 times the seats that you see as "route demand" (green bar). It will mainly depend on how many planes you have. Bottomline - when allocating 10 times more seats than needed you can still charge connecting passengers around $1 per mile and fill the "blue bar" of connecting passengers (e.g. for a route of 400 miles charging $400, from which you'll end up getting $200 as connecting PAX only pay 50% of the fare). This is how you can get operating profit beyond $10B on a route... and way beyond

6) Pricing: directly depends on how many seats you allocated. If you allocate 3 times the seats needed, ticket price = miles x 4, if you allocate 10 times the seats needed, ticket price = miles x 1. Find the sweet spot where you gonna fill the blue bar. You wanna max the profitability per plane (you can see it in "plane details").

If I try that, even in my reasonable large airline with multiple hubs, on say, the Frankfurt-Munich route which are my most busy airports, I get very little in the way of connecting pax if I up the price for Y even to much lower levels than you suggested. So what am I missing?

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

If your home country is Germany, then as early as possible, establish hubs at each airport in Germany. i.e., hubify as soon as enough cash is on hand.  Only omit airports where the runway length is too short for you to fly given your actual or planned fleet.

Then fly all possible routes between all those hubs.  Use planes with all Y-class seats.  Use the default price for each of the routes at first if possible, or lower prices if there is existing competition from more than one airline by the time you place seats on that route..  

Once you have those hub-to-hub routes filled, add routes to surrounding countries (since you can NOT hubify an airport outside your home country, you must rely on other players in your alliance to hubify their home country airports.  Give priority to hub-to-hub routes - fill those first.

Revisit each route every few game months and try to raise prices/add seats to existing routes.

Once you are at a point where your bar is overwhelmingly blue (or purple), your seats are carrying predominately connecting passengers, and little or no green passengers.  At this point prices are not competitive - even if other airlines put on 1000s of seats at $1, you don't lose any connecting passengers to them, as connecting passengers are dedicated exclusively to the hubifying player and his/her alliance members. 

After a few game years you will be able to put on entire planes all on the same route, ie, all 140 hrs of a plane is allocated and filled on that one route.

Rinse and repeat and keep pushing the boundaries.  Watch your valuation swell over time. Keep acquiring and placing more planes as time goes by.

The greater the number of hubs either created or is made accessible to you, the higher the multiple of connecting passengers which become available for your use.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

This guide is wrong!!!!!!!! I shall sue!!!!!!!!!!!!

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

This guide is wrong!!!!!!!! I shall sue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same

wgOP4y0.jpg

Fighter35

Fighter35

Inactive

• 153 posts

I may try spamlining.

Great-Britain_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNATO_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

sikjoven

sikjoven

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

User's Awards

I got a guy in my world top in Valuation, but hasn't created a new route in over a month.  Just buys new planes over and over...I would think that the money would dry up having over a thousand aircraft sitting idle...no?

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

not really, sikjoven - in R1 I have a 4.4 BILLION dop which means i could easily carry an additional 7000-plus planes sitting idle even if I bought them outright brand-new.

The main reason an airline might have so many planes is because a player does not know exactly how many planes he/she will need in advance, and so long before committed  to delivery of many more planes than actually end up being needed to achieve top rank and so the excess ends up not being used.  

it is no big deal to simply carry those planes and leave them idle rather than sell them off into the used market and see those very same planes used against you later 

sikjoven

sikjoven

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

User's Awards

I'm waiting for R1 or R0 to reset, I really wanna try and get in early.  Played a few years ago, getting back into it now, missed it :)

tsbond

tsbond

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

Yes I love starting with 1950 or 1955 that was truly the golden age to me. Much fun running DC-7s and such. Just waiting for the reset so I play more modern. That one Boeing plane StratoCruiser or something. Tri-Tail plane just awesome playing in that age. Look forward to it and wish they had more back to 1950ish.

a stray notepad

a stray notepad

• 2 posts

User's Awards

4    2            

http://ae31.airline-...3r5&player=1270

I really don't see how winning using Book Serbia's method is any fun, other than abuse game mechanics by creating 200 gate hubs at tiny airports, spamming flights on each route, then raise the price by 400%.

Then again, it's pretty damn effective in valuation.

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   

Not sure how he finds the time to do it simultaneously in multiple worlds.  

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Not sure how he finds the time to do it simultaneously in multiple worlds.

Well if you have zero social commitments, are Not in Education, Employment or Training, or any other of a variety of reasons which lead you to having a lot of free time then it's not so difficult. Seems boring as all hell though.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

http://ae31.airline-...3r5&player=1270

I really don't see how winning using Book Serbia's method is any fun, other than abuse game mechanics by creating 200 gate hubs at tiny airports, spamming flights on each route, then raise the price by 400%.

Then again, it's pretty damn effective in valuation.

Think of it this way - a) size of airports doesn't matter one bit, and b.) the number of flights i place on each route has absolutely no effect on any other airline provided that my prices are non-competititive (ie, higher than the price needed to capture the green passengers) and the only passengers that are filling my seats are the connecting half-fare ones.   Even if I had thousands of seats on a route, any other player who gets there can still pick up those green passengers.  To prove this, find a route which shows a positive number of green passengers, and on which I am the only one flying the route at present. Put enough seats on that route to capture those green full-fare passengers and don't drop your price  You will fill those seats easily and readily (at least, until someone ELSE comes along and competes for those full-fare passengers by dropping THEIR price.)

As far as the abuse of mechanics thing goes, it's not as if no one other than me can do this - anyone can do it.  If you don't choose to utilize the game mechanics to full advantage despite it being legal to do so, but I do, how is doing this considered abuse in any way?  

Even more to the point, The DEV himself has gone on record and explicitly stated that this is not only okay, but players are strongly advised to make maximum use of every game feature/game mechanic avilable to them in this game.   THAT IS WHY THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SPAMLINER IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME.

enough said.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R1, R5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users